PDA

View Full Version : Which Satellite Receiver(twin plus hdd) ?

RottyDave
12-03-13, 21:56
Hi all,
I am looking for a replacement receiver for my sat system in Spain.
I am currently using a Hd Iberosat box with a 1.4mtr Flamaval Dish which gives excellent quality tv.

This box has a single tuner with usb for a pvr but would we would like to have an internal hard drive and twin tuner so i can watch and record separate channels.I spend 6-7 weeks in Spain and currently take my ***hd card over with me so where can receive all my subscription channels.Being a total novice would it be possible for the new box to be capable of this too and as i have no internet connection in Spain could i set it up over here before i go(next visit in two weeks)?

Any ideas for a quality,easy to use receiver?

Many Thanks.

Stanman
12-03-13, 21:58
In terms of quality twins you have three options, SOLO2, Gigablue Quad and Vu+ DUO.

The Xtrend are worth looking at but their slightly older than the first two.

Whats your budget?

RottyDave
12-03-13, 22:23
Hi,I would be looking at £350 ish(about similar price as a s** hd box -2tb as i have at home in the uk)

Stanman
12-03-13, 22:26
That your pretty well spoilt but I would suggest the SOLO2, you will need a 2.5 HDD but to borrow a phrase from someone else, it flys like shit of a shovel:)

Larry-G
12-03-13, 22:37
probably a good idea to move this thread out of the rules section stan mate, before rob sees it LOL.

RottyDave
12-03-13, 22:47
Would the solo 2 be easy for a "normalish" person like myself with very limited knowledge to set up to function like my iberosat receiver?
I dont have internet access over in Spain so i suppose the epg is a non starter.

Have just seen the options on the website and base price is £309 plus £80 for 1 tb hdd plus wifi option plus usb flash drive(35£ for these 2)-do i need these options-£420 Total.?

Expensive I know but if will do the job then worth it.

warajoker
12-03-13, 22:50
if you wont be using the internet on it i would suggest a cheaper stb
Would the solo 2 be easy for a "normalish" person like myself with very limited knowledge to set up to function like my iberosat receiver?
I dont have internet access over in Spain so i suppose the epg is a non starter.

Have just seen the options on the website and base price is £309 plus £80 for 1 tb hdd plus wifi option plus usb flash drive(35£ for these 2)-do i need these options-£420 Total.?

Expensive I know but if will do the job then worth it.

RottyDave
12-03-13, 22:56
My neigbour in Spain is kindly allowing to me to use his wifi connection for the time i will be there so that should help there.

warajoker
12-03-13, 23:00
well if you have acess to the internet then i highley suggest the solo2 aswell
My neigbour in Spain is kindly allowing to me to use his wifi connection for the time i will be there so that should help there.

RottyDave
12-03-13, 23:04
This may sound like a obvious question but where can i find out about the basic functions of this box and what it will allow me to do?
I suppose eveyone has to start somewhere,Thanks for the advice

warajoker
12-03-13, 23:35
it can do a lot thats all i can say as it would take to long to explain everything it can do but you wont be dissapointed with your purchase..
This may sound like a obvious question but where can i find out about the basic functions of this box and what it will allow me to do?

mickyblueys
12-03-13, 23:45

Go on the vuplus official website it'll give all the info you need.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

RottyDave
13-03-13, 08:09
Thanks for that,will have a good look and make my mind up-Cheers