PDA

View Full Version : Solo2 coming 2moz

thejoker
12-03-13, 21:08
My solo2 will be here tomorrow. Will be installing vix image on it. Is the latest build always best to go with or can a previous build be less buggy...

Anything different about installing image or plugins than on the original solo...

And will my two solo remotes still be compatible with this box as I would like to still be able to control the box from the lounge and bedroom with bringing the solo2 remote with me...

Larry-G
12-03-13, 21:12
There is always a possibility of having a issue with any build, but in general the newest build is always the best to go for because it contains all the latest bug fixes etc. as for remotes it uses a different channel to the original solo so you would either need one of the programmable Vu multi remotes or manually change the remote channel via the box it self to allow it to work with the solo remote.

setup is pretty much the same as with any other ViX image supporting receiver.

thejoker
13-03-13, 20:37
Thanks. Ok, so I would like to change the channel on the box so I can use my original remotes, how do I go about that.

I presume that will render my new solo2 remote incompatible. Like there is no chance of having both sets of remotes working simultaneously because they are using different channels...

And now that the solo2 has more memory, does that mean that picons stored in flash would be more recommended than before, with my solo I never used picons at all nor installed plugins..

judge
13-03-13, 20:46
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Remote Control Code

and yes, plenty of room on flash to store picons.

thejoker
13-03-13, 22:03
Sorry, does that also mean epg can be stored on flash or best to keep it on hdd..

judge
13-03-13, 22:17
I'd keep EPG on HDD or USB as if it gets corrupt, it could fill the flash.

thejoker
13-03-13, 23:42
Cant seem to get my solo remotes to work with the solo 2. When I do 0001 no remotes work at all, i have to do 0002 to get my solo 2 remote to work...

Any suggestions.....

Stanman
14-03-13, 12:12
Buya cheap harmony 300, easy to programe and covers all the keys, as low as £14 on ebay, does not matter if kids break it

thejoker
22-03-13, 11:41
Ah so the old solo/duo remotes cannot be programmed with the new boxes, the new remotes on the other hand can be programmed with the old boxes.