PDA

View Full Version : about to buy a dreambox 800hd

mustard99
12-03-13, 19:02
Hi I am about to buy a dreambox 800hd genuine but the lcd screen has stopped working would this stop anyone from buying it ?? He is letting me have it for £130 and has said everything else is working fine any advice on what to do ?? Cheers

roy0110
12-03-13, 19:12
if it is a genuine box it will be quite old, if a part has failed now, then what next?
for about £45 more you could get a brand new GENUINE vu+ solo from the sponsor and this forum can supply all the support you will ever need.
the dreambox is a good box, but i would rather spend my money on a better boz such as the solo.
good luck however you decide.

Hi I am about to buy a dreambox 800hd genuine but the lcd screen has stopped working would this stop anyone from buying it ?? He is letting me have it for £130 and has said everything else is working fine any advice on what to do ?? Cheers

Larry-G
12-03-13, 19:21
plus if you do go for a solo for example from the sponsor you get a warranty which you wont get with the DM and as a forum member you can get a voucher for a fiver off the price too.

mustard99
12-03-13, 19:29
I have just seen the vu solo on ebay with the or best offer do you think I could get one for the £130 that I would of spent on the dm ??

Larry-G
12-03-13, 19:32
if it's the sponsors ebay page make him a reasonable offer, see what he says. but be careful on ebay as there are many many scammers selling clones on there.

mustard99
12-03-13, 19:49
The sponsor wants 174 abit out of my budget would the dreambox be that much of a bad buy? Just as a starter ?

Larry-G
12-03-13, 19:52
The sponsor wants 174 abit out of my budget would the dreambox be that much of a bad buy? Just as a starter ?

it should do for what you want,. but it is a older box.

judge
12-03-13, 19:56

174 is a decent price...
You could also look at the
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/MaxDigital-Linux-HD-Receivers/MK-MaxDigital-XP1000-Single-Tuner-DVB-S2-HD-Enigma2-Linux-Satellite-Receiver if you need something cheaper.

mustard99
12-03-13, 20:01
With it being a older box would it matter ? As I would only use the dreambox or vu solo just for basic tv watching wouldnt use 90% of the rest of the features just movies and sport but if it is a old box does that matter much ? Thanks so far phoenix

judge
12-03-13, 20:11
Personally, I'd go for the MaxDigital linked in my above post.
With £5 forum members discount, it's only £4 more than the box you're thinking of buying & will have full warranty.

Larry-G
12-03-13, 20:13
With it being a older box would it matter ? As I would only use the dreambox or vu solo just for basic tv watching wouldnt use 90% of the rest of the features just movies and sport but if it is a old box does that matter much ? Thanks so far phoenix

That depends on what you would want to do with the box in the future and which image you would eventually settle for. for example there is no ViX or official BH image for the DM platform.

Mr. Mister
12-03-13, 20:14
Good call..

I would also go for the max digitial xp1000..

manicscrewdriver
12-03-13, 20:26
The DM800 was a good box in its day, but to be honest compared with whats available now its painfully slow.

I have had a play with one of the MaxDigital XP1000 boxes and they are very quick and they look the part too. I would spend the extra £4 and go for the XP1000.

As other posters have said if the display has gone how long is it going to be before something else fails on it.

Nano

Donnie
12-03-13, 22:04
DM800 has reached its end of life and is no longer supported by DMM, by end of life I mean it is obsolete. £130 ? You must be off your head.

It's worth about £50 maybe even less due to the lcd failure.

Also are you really happy to wait 4 mins to boot and over 12 mins to load a single epg ?:confused:

mustard99
13-03-13, 17:08
Thanks guys so glad I ask for advice on here first. And even gladder now I never bought it:) I think I am gonna get the maxi digital xp1000 as reccomended by a few wise men on here. Just before I do buy is this box newbie friendly as I have no experince what so ever with what these boxs can do just neede it to be 1) hd 2) 3d ready 3)easy to use. Also ifi have cable running into three seperate roomss from 1 dish would I be able to just unplug and move the box into whatever room I want to watch it in ? Cheers everyone

marty
13-03-13, 17:30
TBH they were over-priced and over-rated anyway :D

josh_g
13-03-13, 17:51
Thanks guys so glad I ask for advice on here first. And even gladder now I never bought it:) I think I am gonna get the maxi digital xp1000 as reccomended by a few wise men on here. Just before I do buy is this box newbie friendly as I have no experince what so ever with what these boxs can do just neede it to be 1) hd 2) 3d ready 3)easy to use. Also ifi have cable running into three seperate roomss from 1 dish would I be able to just unplug and move the box into whatever room I want to watch it in ? Cheers everyone

the answer to your questions is yes to all 3! as an entry level box its perfect!

mustard99
13-03-13, 18:55
I am gonna buy the maxi digital xp1000 tonight off here first how do I get the member discount ?? Do I need a code? Also to set the box wireless because it will be in my bedroom but the router is downdstairs will I need to get one of them little rubber Ariels that plug into the back ? If so what are they called a d whats best to use with this box in the shopping cart section when buying the box its got various drop down boxes what else will I need out of them boxes ? Sorry guys I dont want spoon feeding just a little help which in the course of time I can pass on my knowledge to others.cheers:thumbsup:

Larry-G
13-03-13, 18:57
pm the forum sponsor on the forum and he will send you a voucher code that you enter during checkout.

mustard99
13-03-13, 19:32
Were would I find the forum sponsor to pm ? Sorry

Mr. Mister
13-03-13, 19:39
Use this link to send sponsor a pm..

>>> CLICK HERE <<< (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=1447)