PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] Box not restarting

josh_g
12-03-13, 18:31
Hi guys!

Bit of an odd one, when ever i restart my box it just turns off :confused: if i press the on button on the remote it wont turn back on until i press it again. on the first press the front panel just lights up brighter and then dims.

im on latest build but this has been doing it since 600?!?!?! any ideas?

Larry-G
12-03-13, 18:44
without a bootlog there is no real way we could know whats going on, it could be a number of things but as i said we really would need a bootlog to see what it says if any thing .

josh_g
12-03-13, 20:12
ok, never done this before how do i get one?

Larry-G
12-03-13, 20:18
ok, never done this before how do i get one?

for a bootlog you would need a RS232 null modem cable ( the sponsor sells a good quality usb to serial version that works well ).

you then need to setup the putty telnet program and run it then boot up the box when it's plugged in to your pc via the null modem cable. this then creates a bootlog on your PC. it's not something every one could do but it's another valuable tool we use to diagnose problems.

josh_g
12-03-13, 20:21
would it be worth a reflash from clean? as doing the modem cable way just seems a bit of a laborious task :eek:

Larry-G
12-03-13, 20:27
you could try a fresh flash with nothing restored if possible, it certainly would not hurt any thing.

josh_g
12-03-13, 20:30
cheers pheonix i will give i a go