PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo not booting after reflash and cccam installed

shakel
12-03-13, 18:19
Hi All,

I had been running 3.0.405 for some time and noticed lots of random issues, mainly around EPG not loading correctly so I decided to reflash as to start out from scratch.
I went to the latest OpenViX available all seems ok until I start CCcam and reboot.
So what I do is:

Flash with ViX
Allow to boot and transfer channels list etc
Watch TV!
Install/Enable CCcam (not setting to autostart in case cuasing issue)
Reboot
Box hangs on boot

I can reboot ok before installing CCcam, once I do that all seems ok until I reboot.
Once I reboot box never comes back.

I've tried:

Reflash bootloader
Vix 3.0.204
Flash latest BH (No problems at all ,everything works, just prefer Vix)
Different versions of CCCam

I am running out of ideas, the only option I can see now if to move to another image. I really do not want to do this, so hoping someone has seen this before.

Thanks
Shane

Larry-G
12-03-13, 18:52
When you say latest image, which build exactly ?. also which version of CCcam and where did you source it from ?. personally i use CCcam 2.2.1 with the very latest ViX images ( currently using build 629 ) With no issues what so ever on 6 separate receivers.

shakel
12-03-13, 21:44
When you say latest image, which build exactly ?. also which version of CCcam and where did you source it from ?. personally i use CCcam 2.2.1 with the very latest ViX images ( currently using build 629 ) With no issues what so ever on 6 separate receivers.

Thanks Pheonix, I used 627, I cannot see 629 on the openvix site. I was using cccam 2.1.3 but will retry the process again now with 627 and CCcam 2.2.1 from the openvix softcam download section...

This was all working fine for me up until the last re-flash... cannot figure out what has changed.

Will report back how that goes.

Larry-G
12-03-13, 21:49
Build 629 is not currently on the openvix site as it's classed as a unstable update and therefore only available via online update with the allow unstable updates option selected. I would not worry about that.

shakel
12-03-13, 23:09
Thanks for the support. Tried this again, same problem.
Then realised the one common thing I was doing was transferring back my channels each time.
This time I didn't, I rescanned for channels and all worked. Thanks again.

Really like the auto pickup satellite and auto create bouquets.

Thanks
Shane

emporer
12-03-13, 23:10
I had the same issue recently, went from an ancient v2.1 to the latest from these forums and all was ok until I rebooted for the first time, then it would hang on the blue vix screen, tried 3 different versions of cccam and it didn't help, but i've been on build 600 for almost a week and its much better, no bootup hangs and ive had to reboot here and there due to the on demand plugin but generally its all good now on that build for me.

IAmATeaf
18-03-13, 19:44
Thanks for the support. Tried this again, same problem.
Then realised the one common thing I was doing was transferring back my channels each time.
This time I didn't, I rescanned for channels and all worked. Thanks again.

Really like the auto pickup satellite and auto create bouquets.

Thanks
Shane

Was the backup done via dream boxedit or was it a complete copy of the /etc/enigma2 folder, if the later them you are also transferring the settings file which may have settings that the latest version of vix doesn't like.