PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] OE-Alliance OnDemand player official support and discussion thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Larry-G
11-03-13, 20:02
Team ViX in association with the OE-Alliance are proud to present the OE-Alliance OnDemand player.

The OE-Alliance OnDemand player is a revolutionary piece of software for use with your enigma 2 based set top box, allowing you to access many until now unavailable OnDemand "catchup" services such as the world famous BBCiplayer, ITV player, 4OD player, Three player, RTE player and the OUG player with the possibility of more to come.

This is the one and only official version of the OE-Alliance OnDemand player, www.World-of-satellite.com (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/) is the one and only official forum for news, updates and development of this plugin. if you have any comments, questions or suggestions about the OE-Alliance OnDemand player please feel free to do so within this thread.

if you would like to follow progress of the OE-Alliance OnDemand plugin from the GIT you can via the following link.
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/tree/master/OnDemand

Some of the features introduced into the OE-Alliance OnDemand plugin here first as follows.

-GEO unlocking of the BBCiplayer, ITV player and 4OD players.
-Search function allowing you to search for specific programs or movies, quickly and efficiently.
-stream quality option, allowing you to set your preferred default stream quality or bit-rate in those players which support it,
-4OD player ( based on the work of mossy from the XBMC version )

OE-Alliance OnDemand Main Menu Screen.

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww46/TAXMANZ/grab.png

OE-Alliance OnDemand Configuration Screen

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww46/TAXMANZ/Config-screen.png

OE-Alliance OnDeamnd Credits and About screen ( please see the terms of the licence below for this screen )

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww46/TAXMANZ/grab4.png

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww46/TAXMANZ/grab6.png

while we welcome and acknowledge other modified or so called "DeVixed" versions of this plugin we can not offer support for those here as we have no involvement with their development. ( if their developers would like to work together towards a better more compatible plugin we are here and willing to consider such a alliance ).

Please find enclosed a copy of the GPLv2 licence as included with this plugin below.

All Files of this Software are licensed under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
Version 2, June 1991, with the following amendments.

This plugin is NOT free software. It is open source, you are allowed to
modify it (if you keep the license and do not change or remove the 'About' screen),
but it may not be commercially distributed other than under the conditions noted above.
This applies to the source code as a whole as well as to parts of it, unless
explicitly stated otherwise.

The OE-Alliance OnDemand plugin is now available directly from the ViX image feeds meaning that with every image update you will get the very latest version of the plugin first before any one else does. all dependencies are built directly into the feeds so no need to run any telnet commands etc.

You will however have to delete any previous version first before you download the latest version from the feeds.

Menu> Plugins> ( green to download ) > extensions> OnDemand.

If reporting any issues, please state image, build number & the country you are trying to view from.

Larry-G
11-03-13, 20:05
As the OE-Alliance OnDemand player is now live and in the image feeds i'm closing the BETA thread, this will now be the only official support thread for this plugin on the only official forum for the OE-Alliance OnDemand player.

please leave any comments, suggestions or bug reports in this thread and thank you as ever for your continued support of the ViX team and the OE-Alliance.

edogg
12-03-13, 10:38
I tried it last night to watch Shetland episode 1 and it worked perfectly thank you all for the hard work that has gone into this brilliant plugin
The "preferred stream quality" is missing from my config menu ,it was installed from the beta thread on ver626 and i have updated to 629 this morning

twol
12-03-13, 11:24
Tried to download from the extensions this morning on my client ET5000 (VIX 626), basically vanilla system plus remotestream channelconverter.......

unable to allocate memory
unpack of .......... failed

:confused:

craig37
12-03-13, 12:19
Works a Treat.... Excellent Job ..!

judge
12-03-13, 12:46
I tried it last night to watch Shetland episode 1 and it worked perfectly thank you all for the hard work that has gone into this brilliant plugin
The "preferred stream quality" is missing from my config menu ,it was installed from the beta thread on ver626 and i have updated to 629 this morning

as stated in the original post:

all dependencies are built directly into the feeds so no need to run any telnet commands etc. you will however have to delete any previous version first before you download the latest version from the feeds.

shizik
12-03-13, 12:52
any news about " problem retrieving stream url " on 4OD ?

andyblac
12-03-13, 13:34
don'r forget 'YOU MUST REMOVE THE THE OLD VERSION FIRST, BEFORE INSTALLING FROM FEEDS'

nml
12-03-13, 13:47
Just tried it and the image looks superb thank you. However I have a problem with ondemand.
The RTE and 3 players work fine but on BBC iplayer and ITV player I get the following error message (unable to find playable stream) and on 4 on demand I get error (problem retrieving stream url). Any ideas?

Regards nml

Sorry judge VU Duo, Vix 3, build 629 Location Spain.

judge
12-03-13, 13:49
Just tried it and the image looks superb thank you. However I have a problem with ondemand.
The RTE and 3 players work fine but on BBC iplayer and ITV player I get the following error message (unable to find playable stream) and on 4 on demand I get problem retrieving streamurl. Any ideas?

Regards nml
We really shooting in the dark here with this.
As asked in the original post:

If reporting any issues, please state image, build number & the country you are trying to view from.

sgate
12-03-13, 13:51
just would like to say great work :cool:
can i add one button short cut for
OnDemand player like ( epg button ) ?

nml
12-03-13, 14:00
We really shooting in the dark here with this.
As asked in the original post:

Sorry 1st post amended.

nml

satmanbasil
12-03-13, 14:48
Hi

Would it be possible to tweek the viewer to show series in date order example on itv new series broadchurch has two episodes but the latest is at the top can that be changed so first episode is first then 2 - 3 etc under it

By the way good work by all thoses involved in this project making the vu a front runner in satellite technology

Larry-G
12-03-13, 16:15
just would like to say great work :cool:
can i add one button short cut for
OnDemand player like ( epg button ) ?

To be honest I dont think that would be a good idea. You can however access it via two clicks, ie blue button > ondemand. Or menu > ondemand

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

nml
12-03-13, 20:21
The RTE and 3 players work fine but on BBC iplayer and ITV player I get the following error message (unable to find playable stream) and on 4 on demand I get error (problem retrieving stream url). Any ideas?

Regards nml

VU Duo, Vix 3, build 629 Location Spain.

Log attached.

nml

warajoker
12-03-13, 21:18
i get issues after fast forwarding when trying to resume play. if i fast forward for a few mintues it wont play it will just freeze

bluey2
13-03-13, 00:11
Hi team, i just downloaded from the feeds and am well impressed, seems to work perfectly, well done everbody and keep up the good work

edogg
13-03-13, 10:37
as stated in the original post:

I did remove from menu plugins remove plugins but it still showed in the menu and blue button also menu plugins I have since reflashed with 600 and updated to 629 and now it shows the correct config menu

mcquaim
13-03-13, 11:07

Log attached.

nml

It looks like all of your attached logs are the same and I can only see an attempt to play a BBC iPlayer stream..

Anyway, for users outside of the UK the only streams we can play are source by Limelight. For the show you tried to play it doesn't look like a limelight stream was available as this is the error thrown:

Non UK Address
findPlayUrl: Non-UK and no limelight, return blank:

I suggest try and play a different show and see if that works for you on the iPlayer. As I can't see any details in the log for ITV Player I can't debug this fro you...

im85288
13-03-13, 12:37
Hi All involved, this is a fantastic plugin much appreciated.

As a XBMC user I compared the HD quality on iPlayer on my XBMC machine compared to my Vu Solo 2 and can see a noticeable difference (I did make sure to select the high quality setting on the menu). I went to BBC HD and played the latest Top Gear episode. These are screenshots of both paused at about the same time, firstly the one from my Vu Solo 2:

And now the one from XBMC:

As you can see the one from XBMC seems to be a higher quality stream, whereas the one from the Vu Solo 2 is more like SD and has the logo sort of zoomed in.

Is there anyway to get the same HD streams in this plugin as on XBMC?

mcquaim
13-03-13, 12:43
Hi All involved, this is a fantastic plugin much appreciated. Is there anyway to get the same HD streams in this plugin as on XBMC?

Hi there,

This request has appeared a few times and it is something that we need to look into to see if it will be possible. If the XBMC Addon-on can play the HD stream then I presume that our OnDemand plugin should be able to do so also.

Time will tell though..

shizik
13-03-13, 12:51
looks like in build 630 problem with " problem retrieving stream url " on 4OD is gone . great job OnDemand team

mcquaim
13-03-13, 12:56
looks like in build 630 problem with " problem retrieving stream url " on 4OD is gone . great job OnDemand team

I'm afraid that this is one that we can't take credit for I'm afraid..

I suspect that the method used to bypass Geo Block (service called TUNLR) must have been having issues that have since been resolved. Anyway, great to see that it's back and working :thumbsup:

duoduo
13-03-13, 14:32
Hi Guys

Please can someone point me in the direction of where to find the On demand plugin dl

Regards

duoduo
13-03-13, 14:33
Sorry this is for a VU+ Duo and am looking for the final version not BETA

judge
13-03-13, 14:39
Sorry this is for a VU+ Duo and am looking for the final version not BETA

What image & build are you using?
If using ViX, it's now in the plugin feeds.

duoduo
13-03-13, 15:03
Latest VIX mate? Where is the feeds section please?

What image & build are you using?
If using ViX, it's now in the plugin feeds.

Larry-G
13-03-13, 15:09
Latest VIX mate? Where is the feeds section please?

It's in the very first post, Menu> Plugins> ( green to download ) > extensions> OnDemand. or use the telnet command
opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand

nml
13-03-13, 15:41
It looks like all of your attached logs are the same and I can only see an attempt to play a BBC iPlayer stream..

Anyway, for users outside of the UK the only streams we can play are source by Limelight. For the show you tried to play it doesn't look like a limelight stream was available as this is the error thrown:

Non UK Address
findPlayUrl: Non-UK and no limelight, return blank:

I suggest try and play a different show and see if that works for you on the iPlayer. As I can't see any details in the log for ITV Player I can't debug this fro you...

Thanks for your reply just tried again, still the same on bbc, itv and 4 but rte and 3 ok. I have attached another log file hopefully with all the info in, sorry about the last one.
Thanks again nml

duoduo
13-03-13, 16:54
Thanks Phoenix, do i not need to FTP a IPK file then? I just simply go through the steps you mentioned and it should already be there automatically?

It's in the very first post, Menu> Plugins> ( green to download ) > extensions> OnDemand. or use the telnet command

mcquaim
13-03-13, 17:01

Thanks for your reply just tried again, still the same on bbc, itv and 4 but rte and 3 ok. I have attached another log file hopefully with all the info in, sorry about the last one.
Thanks again nml

In your latest log I can only see one attempt to play a programme from BBC iPlayer, no output from any of the other players you mentioned :confused:

As for the BBC stream you are trying to play, are you always trying to play the same stream or trying different ones and always getting the same error?

BTW, where are you based?

Larry-G
13-03-13, 17:01
Thanks Phoenix, do i not need to FTP a IPK file then? I just simply go through the steps you mentioned and it should already be there automatically?

Yes just try the feeds or the telnet command and it should be fine.

All dependencies are in the feeds. If it does not work dont worry as andy is currently in the process of rebuilding the feeds and having a major clear out of the ViX build machines etc.

mcquaim
13-03-13, 19:05
Hi there,

This request has appeared a few times and it is something that we need to look into to see if it will be possible. If the XBMC Addon-on can play the HD stream then I presume that our OnDemand plugin should be able to do so also.

Time will tell though..

OK, I'm looking for a UK based user to test a bit of code for me on this HD option..

I have added a new stream quality option of HD so the plan is that if you select a programme that has a HD stream available it should hopefully play it as long as you are in the UK. Unfortunately HD streams don't seem to be available from outside the UK so this is why I can't test this myself..

So, can someone in the UK transfer the two files in this zip over onto the OnDemand folder of your receiver and then reboot. If you could then launch OnDemand, press Menu and change the preferred stream quality to HD and then try and play the latest episode of Top Gear from the Most Popular category (I know this has a HD stream).

Can you report:
1. That the programme plays.
2. That you are getting the HD quality stream.

If you don't know if the stream is HD then change the config option back to High, play Top Gear again and compare the quality of both.

danivtec
13-03-13, 19:45
Works brilliant on Top Gear :).

BBC icon is a lot smaller on the HD stream

danivtec
13-03-13, 19:47
Also works in the HD section of iplayer :)

grampy
13-03-13, 19:48
Top gear on now and is definitely in HD

am in UK and all working well

great stuff

Larry-G
13-03-13, 19:48
also may be worth pointing out here but on my main TV at home the BBC icon is never cut off even before this test file possibly as i have overscan turned off on the TV ?.

mcquaim
13-03-13, 19:51
also may be worth pointing out here but on my main TV at home the BBC icon is never cut off even before this test file possibly as i have overscan turned off on the TV ?.

Yeah, it always displayed fine for me too but I also had overscan turned off so perhaps that..

Anyway, looks to be working then so happy days, thanks for testing lads :thumbsup:

I will release this to the GIT now then!

Larry-G
13-03-13, 20:00
Just a quick thanks to those who tested this file for us, you really helped us a lot here as none of our UK based guys were available to test the file.

nml
13-03-13, 20:41
In your latest log I can only see one attempt to play a programme from BBC iPlayer, no output from any of the other players you mentioned :confused:

As for the BBC stream you are trying to play, are you always trying to play the same stream or trying different ones and always getting the same error?

BTW, where are you based?

Hi I am based in Granada Southern Spain.
I am mystified as to why the log only shows 1 attempt, what I did exactly was to test a different stream on BBC a stream on ITV and 4 also RTE and 3 and the last two worked. I downloaded immediately the log file from home via ftp. Is this the correct way to do it?

Just a bit more info that Could be relevant my internet connection is wifi via a subsidiary of Telefonica using a cable router and of course the box picks up a local network address for dns. Strangely I can use ITV player on my Foxsat hdr but not Iplayer.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Regards nml

mcquaim
13-03-13, 20:58
Hi I am based in Granada Southern Spain.
I am mystified as to why the log only shows 1 attempt, what I did exactly was to test a different stream on BBC a stream on ITV and 4 also RTE and 3 and the last two worked. I downloaded immediately the log file from home via ftp. Is this the correct way to do it?

Just a bit more info that Could be relevant my internet connection is wifi via a subsidiary of Telefonica using a cable router and of course the box picks up a local network address for dns. Strangely I can use ITV player on my Foxsat hdr but not Iplayer.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Regards nml

Just doube check that the log file you are downloading from your receiver is the most recent one. You should see several posts in your log file for something equivalent to "Non UK" where if you look at the log you posted this is only showing once.

warajoker
16-03-13, 09:22
How do i install this.

[OnDemand] Add a HD Option for BBC iPlayer

New config option to play the HD streams from the BBC iPlayer.Currently this will only work for UK users, limelight doesn't seem tosend data for HD streams

Code:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/503f73c8c76fe6f750982b5349bdef08ba42b575

Larry-G
16-03-13, 09:24
you can either load the required file manually to your box or you could a image update as that would pull the latest version from the Git.

Larry-G
16-03-13, 09:26
you can either load the required file manually to your box or you could a image update as that would pull the latest version from the Git.

or if there are no image updates available uninstall the plugin and re download it fresh with the following telnet command.

warajoker
16-03-13, 09:32
Thank you. i will do it this way.
or if there are no image updates available uninstall the plugin and re download it fresh with the following telnet command.

Larry-G
16-03-13, 09:35
you could also try the init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 3 command and see if that pulls the latest version from the GIT.

but the above install command will grab the latest version, and if you change install to download you can even download the plugin in a ipk form from the GIT which it will save to home/root on the receiver.

Midnight
16-03-13, 10:07
BBC HD streams now working outside of UK :thumbsup:

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/909ada83d261b9406d89e99bbb764757051ab1c2

Working perfectly in Morocco.

You guys are the best :thumbsup:

GAH2402
16-03-13, 12:22
Hi Guys,

On buld 632. but decided to update my OnDemand version as I was missing the line "Preferred Stream Quality" in my config. I deleted my OnDemand folder, re-started Enigma, and attempted to install from the Plugins/Extensions menu. However, I get an error which I captiured in the attached screenshot.

Any suggestions as to my next move?

GAH

Larry-G
16-03-13, 12:46
if you cant install it from the feeds try this version i just downloaded from the GIT, it has all the latest updates already in there and you wont need any telnet commands for dependencies as you have already had the plugin installed.

GAH2402
16-03-13, 13:06
Hi Pheonix,

Thanks for that, much appreciated!

GAH

shizik
16-03-13, 13:41
is it possible with stream that is coming from OnDemand plugin also to have original subtitles with it ?

thecaretaker
16-03-13, 17:13
I just want to say a big THANK YOU for adding the new HD option for BBC iPlayer. It works perfectly and looks fantastic. This has got to be the most useful plugins ever made and almost makes recording programmes redundant unless you need something for keeps! Well done and thank you again!!!!

mcquaim
16-03-13, 17:21
is it possible with stream that is coming from OnDemand plugin also to have original subtitles with it ?

Currently no and not sure if it will be possible TBH. It would all depend if the feed data contains a subtitles stream, if they did then it might be possible but I haven't looked at any of this yet!

sherry
17-03-13, 14:22
I would just like to say i am very very impressed with this plugin. It is what i have been hoping for a good few years now. It is just about making the box a one bit of kit that does everything i want now. I have it on my home network so i can view my own movies and now on demand. It just gets better and better. A big well done :cool: :thumbsup:

nml
17-03-13, 19:01
Just doube check that the log file you are downloading from your receiver is the most recent one. You should see several posts in your log file for something equivalent to "Non UK" where if you look at the log you posted this is only showing once.

I have been trying over the past few days an still have the same problem on BBC, ITV and ch 4. If after a reboot I try BBC first it only shows one error in the logfile the latest test (logfile attached) it appears to show 2 errors and I have not yet spotted an error in the log on channel 4, also when I try ondemand again the logfile sometimes appears not to update.
Completely lost now and I am wondering if there is some kind of incompatibility with my internet connection because strangely as I said I can get ITV player on my foxsat hdr ( That I should not get) so I will see if I can try it on someone's landline adsl connection.
Any way if you have any more suggestions I would be very grateful if not many thanks for your help so far.

Regards nml

josweet
18-03-13, 09:30
ET9000> BBCHD picture is supereb, no buffering and just works.. but with a couple of niggles (Same goes for ITV player)
Programme goes out of sync after about 30 minutes and Ondemand player doesnt exit out of the application fully. If i can help resolve these two minor issues in anyway, ill be glad to help.

mickyblueys
21-03-13, 08:52
I tried to watch several streams last night on 4od, but nothing would play just got black screen when title was selected. Bbc iPlayer played with no problem and itv player. Just wondering if anybody having trouble with 4od. That is 2 evening's in a row now nothing will play for me.I live in UK Using the version from feeds with the HD update manually input. Currently on vix 629 (I think )

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

mcquaim
21-03-13, 08:58
I tried to watch several streams last night on 4od, but nothing would play just got black screen when title was selected. Bbc iPlayer played with no problem and itv player. Just wondering if anybody having trouble with 4od. That is 2 evening's in a row now nothing will play for me.I live in UK Using the version from feeds with the HD update manually input. Currently on vix 629 (I think )

Check the debug logs on our receiver, turn them on if they are not on already!

I was playing streams from 4OD last night myself so its working!

mickyblueys
21-03-13, 09:09
Cheers for quick reply, I'll check again tonight, and post logs if I've still got the problem.

mickyblueys
21-03-13, 20:11
Check the debug logs on our receiver, turn them on if they are not on already!

I was playing streams from 4OD last night myself so its working!

right now strange things are afoot, :confused:Ive tried the plugin again today and this time 4od will not even populate (screen 1) neither will itv player (screen 2), bbc iplayer populates the shows but when i click on a stream it doesn't play and states it is unable to find playable file.

I deleted all debug logs before i tested these operations, and restarted my box to create new logs. I have attached the 2 debug logs created as i tested on 2 different occasions.

danivtec
21-03-13, 20:15
Just tested (in uk). Itv, 4od and iplayer work fine.

mcquaim
21-03-13, 20:27
right now strange things are afoot, :confused:Ive tried the plugin again today and this time 4od will not even populate (screen 1) neither will itv player (screen 2), bbc iplayer populates the shows but when i click on a stream it doesn't play and states it is unable to find playable file.

There looks to be something funny with your internet connection on your receiver, all players failing on a simple read of the feeds:

ITV Player
getMediaData: Error getting Media info: Error reading file 'http://www.itv.com/_data/xml/CatchUpData/CatchUp360/CatchUpMenu.xml': failed to load external entity "http://www.itv.com/_data/xml/CatchUpData/CatchUp360/CatchUpMenu.xml"

4OD
wgetUrl: Exception: <urlopen error unknown url type: https>
StreamsMenu: Error parsing feed: local variable 'response' referenced before assignment

BBC iPlayer
findPlayUrl: Error getting URLs: global name 'URLError' is not defined

Can you check some other plugin to see if they can access the web or even run a network test and ensure that everything looks ok there first?

This is not Geo or anything as the Geo restrictions don't kick in until you try and play something and most of these are failing when it is simply trying to pull the feeds data.

mickyblueys
21-03-13, 20:38
Right just tested, internet is working fine. However i have got all Ondemand working.................but to do so i had to disable my smart DNS settings and revert to my isp dns settings. i don't understand why i have had to do this. I use smart dns to view ADMC sports in the middle east which is geo locked.

mcquaim
21-03-13, 20:44
Right just tested, internet is working fine. However i have got all Ondemand working.................but to do so i had to disable my smart DNS settings and revert to my isp dns settings. i don't understand why i have had to do this. I use smart dns to view ADMC sports in the middle east which is geo locked.

Glad you got sorted, I wouldn't know anything about smart DNS so I will leave that with you!!

mickyblueys
21-03-13, 20:50
yeah, cheers! can't understand it had smart dns running for a while now and no problems with anything, including Ondemand until a couple of days ago. if needs be i'll just set my dns up through my Pc for now and not through my router!

im85288
21-03-13, 22:13
yeah, cheers! can't understand it had smart dns running for a while now and no problems with anything, including Ondemand until a couple of days ago. if needs be i'll just set my dns up through my Pc for now and not through my router!

I had exactly the same issue, you can solve it by editing the name server settings on the box to not go via smartdns. If you look in the Network, Device Setup area the Name server settings can be changed there, most likely setting it to 192.168.1.1 will be correct. This way you can leave the router to use smartdns for all the other devices.

mickyblueys
21-03-13, 22:45
I will try and give this a go tomorrow, thanks

mickyblueys
22-03-13, 09:00
I had exactly the same issue, you can solve it by editing the name server settings on the box to not go via smartdns. If you look in the Network, Device Setup area the Name server settings can be changed there, most likely setting it to 192.168.1.1 will be correct. This way you can leave the router to use smartdns for all the other devices.

Ok I tried this, and my name server settings are already set to 192.168.1.1

Larry-G
22-03-13, 09:09
you could try using tunlr's DNS settings on your receiver it self and see if that works.

The primary (preferred) DNS server is 142.54.177.158
The secondary (alternate) DNS server is: 198.147.22.212

mickyblueys
22-03-13, 09:31
I'll have a go after work, cheers

mickyblueys
22-03-13, 09:46
I have just been on my overplay smart dns account, and they state they will gladly add support to the ondemand sites where you scrape you're streams from. Where will I find this info......is it in debug log? Or could you list them here?

stick50jr
22-03-13, 10:00
I have just been on my overplay smart dns account, and they state they will gladly add support to the ondemand sites where you scrape you're streams from. Where will I find this info......is it in debug log? Or could you list them here?

Sounds nice... the info is in the source files which are openly available in the git.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/tree/master/OnDemand

I wonder whether these guys support Australia, Eire, NZ etc. The Tunlr IP uses servers in the UK and US so doesn't unlock other locations (as you are aware with your needs).

mcquaim
22-03-13, 10:17

Overplay are a subscription service?

Anyone know an alternative to TUNLR that is free and willing to open the service to other regions? I asked TUNLR and they are not currently willing to offer anything else other than US & UK..

mickyblueys
22-03-13, 10:26
Yes I subscribe to overplay.

tolmie
23-03-13, 13:31
Tried to install this from instructions on 1st page but fails because of allocation memory error, any ideas or where can i do this manually and where to i stick the files

tolmie
23-03-13, 13:36
ignore got it working.

Larry-G
23-03-13, 13:40
That would suggest that your flash is almost full which is something i would seriously look into as it could cause issues and when the flash does fill up it will put the receiver into a full on bootloop.

you can install the plugin via the following Telnet command

init 4 && opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand && init 3

or download the .ipk directly from the feeds to the /home/root folder on your receiver with this telnet command

opkg download enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand

rizl4
23-03-13, 16:43
anyway to get HD feeds? cheers

Larry-G
23-03-13, 16:44
HD feeds are incorporated into the OnDemand plugin now, just press menu when in the main menu of the OnDemand player and set the stream quality to HD.

rizl4
23-03-13, 16:53
thanks i didnt see that setting will have a look later

dajay69
23-03-13, 18:07
I have the gigablue quad and the plugin was working well up until today when i tried to update it. Now every time i try to watch something i don't get sound. I have restarted my box several times. Un-installed and reinstalled. But i still can't get it working. Using Vix 632

shizik
23-03-13, 18:13
HD feeds are incorporated into the OnDemand plugin now, just press menu when in the main menu of the OnDemand player and set the stream quality to HD.

I can chose preferred quality HD stream , but in reality when I do that my stream is lower quality than when its selected HIGH quality . I can see that visual and when i click OK button in the left corner .
i'm on 632 build , and my internet connection is 15/10 Mbit

dymebox
24-03-13, 22:05
don'r forget 'YOU MUST REMOVE THE THE OLD VERSION FIRST, BEFORE INSTALLING FROM FEEDS'

How does one remove the older version properly?

Larry-G
24-03-13, 22:10
FTP into the receiver and navigate to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ delete the OnDemand folder and reboot the receiver. once it reboots you can install it again from the feeds or via the following telnet command.

init 4 && opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand && init 3

jakey
25-03-13, 00:01
I can confirm that the ABC iView works perfectly from the UK using the OverPlay DNS service.

I have 2 STBs, an Ultimo and a DM8000, with previous versions I have been able to unpack and just copy the OnDemand folder to the 8000, install dependencies and it worked fine with the OE2.0 image I have installed, however with this version it complains about "OnDemand (cannot import name SCOPE_ACTIVE_SKIN). Can anyone advise how to install this missing skin on the 8000 ?

Thanks for the great plugin and any help.

mcquaim
25-03-13, 10:30
I can chose preferred quality HD stream , but in reality when I do that my stream is lower quality than when its selected HIGH quality . I can see that visual and when i click OK button in the left corner .
i'm on 632 build , and my internet connection is 15/10 Mbit

I'm not seeing this I'm afraid, what player is this on?

BBC iPlayer and ITV players are the only two players that offer various stream qualities so if you are referring to any of the other players it simply can't be the case!

If you refer to BBC or ITV then post more details please, what programmes you are playing etc and even post screenshots if possible.

mcquaim
25-03-13, 10:36
I can confirm that the ABC iView works perfectly from the UK using the OverPlay DNS service.

I have 2 STBs, an Ultimo and a DM8000, with previous versions I have been able to unpack and just copy the OnDemand folder to the 8000, install dependencies and it worked fine with the OE2.0 image I have installed, however with this version it complains about "OnDemand (cannot import name SCOPE_ACTIVE_SKIN). Can anyone advise how to install this missing skin on the 8000 ?

Thanks for the great plugin and any help.

The previous versions of OnDemand you say worked on your receiver must have been downloaded from a different forum and was one of the modified versions of OnDemand.

The versions available here will not work directly on your receiver!

mcquaim
25-03-13, 10:38
I have the gigablue quad and the plugin was working well up until today when i tried to update it. Now every time i try to watch something i don't get sound. I have restarted my box several times. Un-installed and reinstalled. But i still can't get it working. Using Vix 632

Have you tried flashing your receiver and downloading the latest version from the feeds?

dajay69
25-03-13, 19:56
Have you tried flashing your receiver and downloading the latest version from the feeds?

yeah re flashed it and downloaded the latest version. Not sure what's happened, still no sound

mcquaim
25-03-13, 19:59
yeah re flashed it and downloaded the latest version. Not sure what's happened, still no sound

If you try and play a regular recording then have you sound?

I'm afraid that I don't have one of those boxes so I can't really help much TBH :confused:

dajay69
25-03-13, 20:08
If you try and play a regular recording then have you sound?

I'm afraid that I don't have one of those boxes so I can't really help much TBH :confused:

I figured it out, ondemand does not allow "digital down mix" set to No. Which is a shame as i prefer my amp to decode the audio. I have to change the box settings for the plugin to work. Hopefully this can be fixed soon :)

mcquaim
25-03-13, 20:21
I figured it out, ondemand does not allow "digital down mix" set to No. Which is a shame as i prefer my amp to decode the audio. I have to change the box settings for the plugin to work. Hopefully this can be fixed soon :)

Glad you got sorted but not sure if this is something that can be "fixed" TBH.. It is something I will have to run past Andy to see if anything can be done!

Larry-G
25-03-13, 20:26

This has happened to me a few times and every time a full reboot has sorted it out ( a full reboot not just a enigma 2 / GUI restart ).

dougm1970
26-03-13, 00:01
i'm in ireland and cant get rte to work at all.....any advice ?

mcquaim
26-03-13, 00:21

Need a bit more details please!

What is happening, what receiver, what image, what build, debug logs etc.

Double Tap
26-03-13, 11:23
thank you for a great plugin works really fast :) do you know of any plans to add channel 5 to the ondemand player list ??? plus how do you exit out of the ondemand software back to your normal live sat TV as i have to restart the box at the mo to get out of the trap :confused:. p.s. i have a vu+duo with the newest vix image. all the best to team vix

guff daddy
26-03-13, 11:40

I have digital down mix set to "No" and it works fine through my Onkyo amp - however even on HD streams from BBC audio is still just stereo rather than AC3

mcquaim
26-03-13, 12:39
thank you for a great plugin works really fast :) do you know of any plans to add channel 5 to the ondemand player list ??? plus how do you exit out of the ondemand software back to your normal live sat TV as i have to restart the box at the mo to get out of the trap :confused:. p.s. i have a vu+duo with the newest vix image. all the best to team vix

Yes, channel 5 would be something we will be looking into!

Have you not tried hitting exit on your Duo remote to exit the OnDemand plugin?

shizik
26-03-13, 13:29
I'm not seeing this I'm afraid, what player is this on?

BBC iPlayer and ITV players are the only two players that offer various stream qualities so if you are referring to any of the other players it simply can't be the case!

If you refer to BBC or ITV then post more details please, what programmes you are playing etc and even post screenshots if possible.

i do refer to BBC iPlayer - i'm going on HD quality on BBC iPlayer and i have also selected in menu - HD quality .
so when HD is on , what i get from BBC iPlayer stream is 24548 after few tries this is what i get 24549 <- not realy a HD quality , but if I select in OnDemand menu - high quality 24550 and after that i try to play BBC iPlayer HD stream this is what i get 24551 and stream have better quality , not realy HD quality but close .

here is debug log that i found -

justalukin
26-03-13, 13:48
Looks good , just downloaded the .zip file but only found the licences , no software to download ? sorry , absolutely clueless on this.

Please help. Thanks.

Larry-G
26-03-13, 14:52
Looks good , just downloaded the .zip file but only found the licences , no software to download ? sorry , absolutely clueless on this.

Please help. Thanks.

The Plugin it self can be found via either the online image feeds.
Menu> plugins > ( green button ) > extensions.

or via a telnet session with the following commands

init 4 && opkg update
opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand && init 3

dajay69
26-03-13, 19:04
I have digital down mix set to "No" and it works fine through my Onkyo amp - however even on HD streams from BBC audio is still just stereo rather than AC3

what version of vix are you using? also are you running the latest version of the ondemand plugin from the feed?

justalukin
26-03-13, 20:12
The Plugin it self can be found via either the online image feeds.
Menu> plugins > ( green button ) > extensions.

or via a telnet session with the following commands

init 4 && opkg update
opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand && init 3

Thanks , but it still goes way over my head. I have a linux deco but running hardy if that helps.

Damn shame i never too I.T. seriously.

Larry-G
26-03-13, 20:18
if your using the ViX image on the receiver press Menu then go to plugins then press the green button to open the image feeds, once the feeds are open navigate to extensions and scroll all the way down till you see OnDemand and click on it to install.

dougm1970
26-03-13, 22:09
Originally Posted by dougm1970 View Post

Need a bit more details please!

What is happening, what receiver, what image, what build, debug logs etc.

ok...if i play bbc iplayer, itv player, tv3 player all play perfectly......if i go to play a rte player video i get a black screen and if i press stop i get the vix logo spinning and it takes 10 minutes to return to the rte video list menu.

vu+ duo
vix 3.0 build 632

no mention in logs

my friend has same box...same image, build etc and his rte player plays fine.......we have the same plugins installed...nothing different that i can figre out...except different isp's

mcquaim
26-03-13, 22:49
Turn on debug logs in setup->system->logs->settings and post your log directly after the rte stream doesn't play..

dougm1970
26-03-13, 23:48
ok...did that...even rebooted afterwards....tried rte player...chose a video..."dirty old town" i think i chose, but its the same for all....player bar showed up on a blank screen...nothing played...waited for 2 mins pressed stop on remote....vix logo spun round for 7-8 mins...then went back to rte player list......i then exited out of the plugin and checked logs but no log was created.

dougm1970
27-03-13, 00:05
just did it again....same...and no log generated.....afraid i might mess the image up or something if i keep trying to force it...cant be right taking 7-8 mins coming back from trying to play it
maybe some setting i have messed with somewhere else in the image menus.......funny though that the other players on ondemand work.

anyway....thanks for the response.

mickyblueys
27-03-13, 01:03
1.Delete all logs you have from log manager and then ensure debug logs are enabled.
2.Power down and then restart receiver.
3.return to you're log manager you should see you will have one debug log there with the time and date. (If you haven't then something wrong)
4. Goto on-demand plugin and try rte again. Once it fails again then ftp to box and post the one debug log that you checked previous (this will now have info in it from on-demand) to this thread for mcquaim to check.

dougm1970
27-03-13, 01:13
thanks....i'll do that in the morning when i am back near the box

justalukin
27-03-13, 09:23
if your using the ViX image on the receiver press Menu then go to plugins then press the green button to open the image feeds, once the feeds are open navigate to extensions and scroll all the way down till you see OnDemand and click on it to install.

I am not sure what you mean about using a vix image. The image if this helps is hardy heron 8.04. This is my OS image and my receiver is called a reelbox.

I googled vix image but i think i`m past my head on this.

Thanks for all your help but i don`t have that extreme learning curve that only a few people have.

I will bear it with dignity that i will lose most of my sat channels.

Cheers.:confused:

dougm1970
27-03-13, 10:51
1.Delete all logs you have from log manager and then ensure debug logs are enabled.
2.Power down and then restart receiver.
3.return to you're log manager you should see you will have one debug log there with the time and date. (If you haven't then something wrong)
4. Goto on-demand plugin and try rte again. Once it fails again then ftp to box and post the one debug log that you checked previous (this will now have info in it from on-demand) to this thread for mcquaim to check.

do'h....thanks.....i'm a complete newbie, apologies.

i uploaded the log file here rather than post it (can you attach files here?)....

http://ge.tt/6SH86Hc/v/0

thanks again for this.

i see a lot of this in the log....a LOT of entries...

gst_element_query_position failed in getPlayPosition

mcquaim
27-03-13, 11:19
do'h....thanks.....i'm a complete newbie, apologies.

i uploaded the log file here rather than post it (can you attach files here?)....

http://ge.tt/6SH86Hc/v/0

thanks again for this.

i see a lot of this in the log....a LOT of entries...

gst_element_query_position failed in getPlayPosition

Yeah, yocan attach files in the forum if you click on the "Go Advanced" button and then under the "Manage Attachements" section..

Anyway, had a quick look at your log file and it looks like you have internet connection problems on your receiver. Even some simple feeds reading is failing:

getMediaData: Error getting Media info: Error reading file 'http://feeds.rasset.ie/rteavgen/player/chart/?platform=playerxl&limit=36': failed to load HTTP resource

How is your Duo connected to the internet? You are saying that the other players are working fine so it's a strange one :confused:

Are you able to open this url fine on a pc/laptop?

http://feeds.rasset.ie/rteavgen/player/chart/?platform=playerxl&limit=36

dougm1970
27-03-13, 11:29
yup...opened fine on laptop that link.

on the router...last night..i changed the dns settings from my isp to google dns (8.8.8.8) but still same.

everything else that uses our broadband through the same router is fine.....and everything else that uses internet connection on the box is fine....

when doing a broadband speedtest from my laptop wirelessly i get typically 45ms ping and 7.90 up and 7.90 down (i get same up as down on the connection i have)

i have turned firewall off on the router.

even things like icefilms work perfect on the vu+

thanks for your time on it.

also...to explain...i can get the menu's and listings of the videos on rte player up fine...it is only when it tries to play them...the player is stuck on 0.00 and doesn't play anything...and pressing stop gives the vix logo spinning and it takes around 7-8 minutes to go back to the previous screen...the listing of videos on rte player.

mcquaim
27-03-13, 11:32
yup...opened fine on laptop that link.

on the router...last night..i changed the dns settings from my isp to google dns (8.8.8.8) but still same.

everything else that uses our broadband through the same router is fine.....and everything else that uses internet connection on the box is fine....

when doing a broadband speedtest from my laptop wirelessly i get typically 45ms ping and 7.90 up and 7.90 down (i get same up as down on the connection i have)

i have turned firewall off on the router.

even things like icefilms work perfect on the vu+

thanks for your time on it.

I really don't know then, a strange one :confused:

dougm1970
27-03-13, 11:33
thanks anyway pal.

guff daddy
27-03-13, 12:03
what version of vix are you using? also are you running the latest version of the ondemand plugin from the feed?
VIX 3.0 build 632 - not sure of OnDemand version so I downloaded the latest from the feed this morning - still working fine whether AC3 downmix is on or off.
Also note - I send the audio to the amp via HDMI rather than a seperate SPDIF optical cable...

Double Tap
27-03-13, 12:51
Yes, channel 5 would be something we will be looking into!

Have you not tried hitting exit on your Duo remote to exit the OnDemand plugin?

i am sure i pressed the exit button i don’t think I had a blonde moment I did not reboot the box after installing the plugin do you think this may have been the issue should I always reboot the box after installing plugins ? As the exit button is now working I did however manage to lock the on demand player up just a few minutes ago iplayer was stuck in a small loop & I was recording a program in the back ground at the same time so I did a hard reset i.e. I switched the box off then back on again & all is now working for the moment even when recording in the back ground.
I set my crash log up yesterday so I get a copy sent to my email address but it would be nice to have a read receipt sent to me as it would not feel like I had sent it to a blackhole………. no pun intended.
My box crashed again this morning & rebooted itself I went to the log but it had not generated a new file is this correct do I have to delete it each time before I can generate a new file or does it put the new crash info in the old log file ? I did not want to send a copy of the same file to team vix as I guess they are bogged down with log files as it is.

dougm1970
28-03-13, 10:22
what dependencies does this plugin use to play the rte player ?....just wondering if another file / plugin / setting could be effecting mine.

also...been thinking about this....my isp is a local company...i have an antenna outside on the house which looks at a mast miles away, but they get it from germany i think before its gotten to us.....sometimes if a web browser defaults itself it will set google.de, things like that......would that effect rte player playing in the plugin ??...even though rte player plays fine on laptop and ipad ?

mcquaim
28-03-13, 10:55
what dependencies does this plugin use to play the rte player ?....just wondering if another file / plugin / setting could be effecting mine.

also...been thinking about this....my isp is a local company...i have an antenna outside on the house which looks at a mast miles away, but they get it from germany i think before its gotten to us.....sometimes if a web browser defaults itself it will set google.de, things like that......would that effect rte player playing in the plugin ??...even though rte player plays fine on laptop and ipad ?

RTE Player has a dependency on LXML being installed on your Duo. If you installed the plugin from the Vix feeds directly from your Duo then these dependencies would have been installed automatically.. If you haven't installed this plugin from the feeds then I suggest you re-flash your Duo with the latest image and then install it from the feeds (Menu->Plugins->Green button to download and then select OnDemand from the Extensions section).

Apart from that I have no idea!

As for you ISP provider, TV3 "Straight Off The Telly" section would not work either if your IP was reported as not being Ireland and they would also not work on your laptop/pc..

### EDIT ###

You can verify your IP location here:

http://www.iplocation.net/

dougm1970
28-03-13, 11:28
thanks.

the i.p. locator shows me as being where i am (west of ireland)

mcquaim
28-03-13, 11:32
thanks.

the i.p. locator shows me as being where i am (west of ireland)

Well, this is your ISP ruled out as an issue then..

How did you install OnDemand then?

dougm1970
28-03-13, 11:40
it came on the box already installed......same as my friends though as his works....and the other players tv3 included work...thanks for all these replies.

*got the box less than two weeks ago.

mcquaim
28-03-13, 11:46
it came on the box already installed......same as my friends though as his works....and the other players tv3 included work...thanks for all these replies.

*got the box less than two weeks ago.

I suggest you flash the Duo again from scratch, you will find lots of tutorials here on the forum that will help you with this. When you do this then install OnDemand from the feeds like I described above so that you know you have the latest version of the code installed.

Perhaps your mate had a more recent version of the OnDemand code or something like that and why his is working!

BTW, you sure that the Duo is a genuine one and not a clone? If it is a clone then that is probably your problem... (Clone = pile of crap)

dougm1970
28-03-13, 12:03
thanks...again :)

mcquaim
28-03-13, 12:55
i do refer to BBC iPlayer - i'm going on HD quality on BBC iPlayer and i have also selected in menu - HD quality .
so when HD is on , what i get from BBC iPlayer stream is 24548 after few tries this is what i get 24549 <- not realy a HD quality , but if I select in OnDemand menu - high quality 24550 and after that i try to play BBC iPlayer HD stream this is what i get 24551 and stream have better quality , not realy HD quality but close .

here is debug log that i found -

Are you sure you have the most recent version of OnDemand?

BTW, not all streams have HD available especially when outside the UK. I have tried what you described above and I'm not seeing the same results. I suspect that you don't have the most recent version of the OnDemand code installed.

shizik
28-03-13, 15:10
Are you sure you have the most recent version of OnDemand?

BTW, not all streams have HD available especially when outside the UK. I have tried what you described above and I'm not seeing the same results. I suspect that you don't have the most recent version of the OnDemand code installed.

installed from vix feeds , so i guess its latest one ?

this is not some big problem for me , i'm quite happy with what i got from this marvelous plugin , i'm just trying to help you guys with what is kind of wrong so you can make this app even better .

mcquaim
28-03-13, 18:04
installed from vix feeds , so i guess its latest one ?

this is not some big problem for me , i'm quite happy with what i got from this marvelous plugin , i'm just trying to help you guys with what is kind of wrong so you can make this app even better .

I agree, as this plugin is in it's early stages then all the feedback we get is valued :thumbsup:

Can you unzip this file and fire this latest BBC iPlayer py file into the OnDemand folder of your receiver and then reboot and try what you did previously? I simply can't produce what you are describing so I really think you must not have the most up-to-date BBC iPlayer code..

Let me know how you get on!

Larry-G
28-03-13, 18:08
The feeds are slightly out of sync with the GIT while we test the EPG and recording enhancments, so as mac says you likely have a slightly older version.

shizik
28-03-13, 19:48
I agree, as this plugin is in it's early stages then all the feedback we get is valued :thumbsup:

Can you unzip this file and fire this latest BBC iPlayer py file into the OnDemand folder of your receiver and then reboot and try what you did previously? I simply can't produce what you are describing so I really think you must not have the most up-to-date BBC iPlayer code..

Let me know how you get on!

YEP , all good now :D , this plugin just get better and better !

mcquaim
28-03-13, 19:53
YEP , all good now :D , this plugin just get better and better !

Good stuff, at least this explains why I couldn't reproduce this error lol

shizik
29-03-13, 13:59
after update to build 641 , i got ABCiPlayer in OnDemand plugin and today i have tried to watch something from ABCiPlayer but no luck . I can see thumbnails from ABC , also i can select what i want to watch and after i click on the show there is only black screen with zero minut watched and zero minut left to watch .
here is debug log :

Larry-G
29-03-13, 14:06
after update to build 641 , i got ABCiPlayer in OnDemand plugin and today i have tried to watch something from ABCiPlayer but no luck . I can see thumbnails from ABC , also i can select what i want to watch and after i click on the show there is only black screen with zero minut watched and zero minut left to watch .
here is debug log :

Are you actually in Australia ?. As this plugin is geo locked ro Australia only.

shizik
29-03-13, 14:19
Are you actually in Australia ?. As this plugin is geo locked ro Australia only.

nope , i'm not in Australia , sorry I didn't knew that ABC is geolocked . i hope geolock will be removed soon :D

ea.xlns
29-03-13, 15:09
After downloading I'm getting:

Some plugins are not available:
Extensions/OnDemand (No module named builder)

Any ideas guys?

Larry-G
29-03-13, 15:15
After downloading I'm getting:

Some plugins are not available:
Extensions/OnDemand (No module named builder)

Any ideas guys?

Try this telnet command.

opkg install python-beautifulsoup-builder

RiGGs
29-03-13, 15:41
Try this telnet command.

Thanks, I was having the same problem today after installing ... the telnet command worked for me :thumbsup:

Larry-G
29-03-13, 15:42
Try this telnet command.

Confirmed this command fixes the problem.

hilly
29-03-13, 18:26
Cheers mine fixed too

drphibes
29-03-13, 19:45
I am still using vix 2.3 image and when I try to download this plugin it is not available in the download list. Do you need to be using a more upto date image or is there a way of getting this working on the 2.3 image ?

Thanks

Larry-G
29-03-13, 20:21
I am still using vix 2.3 image and when I try to download this plugin it is not available in the download list. Do you need to be using a more upto date image or is there a way of getting this working on the 2.3 image ?

Thanks

2.3 does not have the required skin modifications needed to run OnDemand unmodified.

givecredit
29-03-13, 20:28

A full reflash fixes this.

dougm1970
29-03-13, 21:23
A full reflash fixes this.

fook that :).....sounds scary

Larry-G
29-03-13, 21:25

nothing scary about flashing these receivers if you take it one step at a time.

drphibes
29-03-13, 22:54
2.3 does not have the required skin modifications needed to run OnDemand unmodified.

Thanks

What would you advise for me to get my et9000 ready for the ondemand plugin ?

Is there anyway of backing up your current setup , e.g sats and plugins etc ?

Also I have read about needing to update the bootloader to get some of the newer images to work, how do I know if I need the update the bootloader ?

Thanks

givecredit
30-03-13, 17:17

To get the full benefits from your new receiver you should learn how to flash this receiver. Pheonix wrote an excellent guide here:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23571-New-box-set-up-guide

wii89
30-03-13, 20:26
im getting this error message with the plugin

see attchment

mickyblueys
30-03-13, 20:50
You need to flash a later image
From openvix with the newer skin engine to make this plug in work. I think

Larry-G
30-03-13, 21:09
You need to flash a later image
From openvix with the newer skin engine to make this plug in work. I think

yes thats correct, the image in the screenshot is too old and needs to be updated.

drphibes
01-04-13, 10:30
I updated my image and bootloader to the latest versions and the ondemand seems to be working fine :)
The updating process was simple enough to do so I would recommend getting your box updated to enjoy this plugin.

wii89
01-04-13, 23:38
I have done the update on the box via the TV and it says nothing to update

thecaretaker
02-04-13, 00:31
I think you need to enable unstable updates in the setup/system/software update if the next update isn't a stable image. Then try it.

danivtec
03-04-13, 18:34
Getting a crash when I run the plugin on my ultimo Build 642, Solo 2 is ok?

andyblac
03-04-13, 23:39
Getting a crash when I run the plugin on my ultimo Build 642, Solo 2 is ok?
you seem to have py files from an old version, remove the plugin, with plugin browser, the remove the OnDemand plugin folder via FTP, then reinstall the plugin.

danivtec
04-04-13, 19:57
Thanks this fixed it.

silky
04-04-13, 23:23
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, this works on my vu+duo, will on demand also work with my solo as long as build is 632 or above?

Cheers

Larry-G
04-04-13, 23:26
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, this works on my vu+duo, will on demand also work with my solo as long as build is 632 or above?

Cheers

OnDemand will work on every receiver supported by ViX.

silky
04-04-13, 23:34
cheers,

will reflash solo with new image and install on demand, superb work guys, my wifes not had the thing off for the last few weeks :)

BubbleBalls
06-04-13, 00:51
What a plugin. Amazing. Great work guys.

As posted earlier by dajay69 I too am using an amp and no sound is output when I have digital down mix off. As suggested it works with down mix on.

Guff daddy has a working config thru amp. What box I wonder?

Is there anything I can do (logs) to help figure out why it works for some users and not others? Could it be box specific (GB Quad for me too, like dajay69)

Again, great work.

Tapatalker

skippie
06-04-13, 10:05
Same here on my gigablue quad, no sound with downmix off.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk HD

guff daddy
06-04-13, 10:20
What a plugin. Amazing. Great work guys.

As posted earlier by dajay69 I too am using an amp and no sound is output when I have digital down mix off. As suggested it works with down mix on.

Guff daddy has a working config thru amp. What box I wonder?

Sat box is a Vu+ Duo - linked to Onkyo amp via HDMI only.

BubbleBalls
06-04-13, 14:04
Thanks guff daddy.
3 quads not working. Would that be a driver issue from GB?

Tapatalker

skippie
06-04-13, 15:47
Sat box is a Vu+ Duo - linked to Onkyo amp via HDMI only.

Yeah must say, this is an amazing plugin. Great job.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk HD

moonbeam
06-04-13, 17:51
I am about to get a new receiver and am choosing either the Vu+ Solo2 or the Technomate TM-2T. I look forward to being able to have Ondemand for the iPlayer for BBC and ITV. I am in France, so need to get around geo location to do that! Your plugin sounds just great!

I read that the Technomate TM-2T has problems with a browser (does the Vu+ Solo2??). I wonder if this will be a problem for the TM-2T when deleting the old version before installing from new feeds. I would want to do that from an ethernet connection rather than from a memory stick.

Larry-G
06-04-13, 18:32
I am about to get a new receiver and am choosing either the Vu+ Solo2 or the Technomate TM-2T. I look forward to being able to have Ondemand for the iPlayer for BBC and ITV. I am in France, so need to get around geo location to do that! Your plugin sounds just great!

I read that the Technomate TM-2T has problems with a browser (does the Vu+ Solo2??). I wonder if this will be a problem for the TM-2T when deleting the old version before installing from new feeds. I would want to do that from an ethernet connection rather than from a memory stick.

BBCiplayer and the ITV player work fine out side of the uk with the OnDemand plugin as they use the free DNS servers of TUNLR which is built into the plugin. as for web browser only the Vu's at the moment have a fully functioning browser The Technomates dont.

moonbeam
06-04-13, 18:46
BBCiplayer and the ITV player work fine out side of the uk with the OnDemand plugin as they use the free DNS servers of TUNLR which is built into the plugin. as for web browser only the Vu's at the moment have a fully functioning browser The Technomates dont.

In what way will the lack of browser be a problem? No Youtube stuff??

Is there an Airplay plugin from the Vix Team?

Larry-G
06-04-13, 18:48

To be totally honest i dont have the browser installed on my receivers i have no need of it, so some one else would have to answer that one.

Midnight
06-04-13, 19:11

Can't see it being much of a problem as web surfing on a large screen is pretty tiring anyway.

Youtube can be accessed via other plugins so shouldn't be a problem.

moonbeam
06-04-13, 19:32
Cheers! Makes good sense.

BubbleBalls
06-04-13, 23:51
AirPlay is available in the feeds if you want to use it. Works great.

Tapatalker

moonbeam
07-04-13, 09:17
@ Bubbleballs: thanks for that information!

It seems the plus of having a fast browser on the receiver is that it will be on your home network. I guess you can access what is on that browser/telly from other computers (or tellys on your home ethernet network?)on the same network. So, if I have an ethernet switch in a room far from my vu+ solo2, I could plug in a computer or monitor and have access to all the channels? And the Ondemand feature would be useable in that room? Or is that wishful thinking. Would a video type homeplug do the same thing?

BubbleBalls
07-04-13, 09:36
You can access (wired and wireless) your box quite easily on your home network, just assign a static ip and use that address as your URL. This lets you access channels and recordings, though HD channels don't stream well - no issue with SD channels. It's also possible to do this from outside your network (may need to use your pc to transcode) though I have not used this set up.

I have never tried accessing the on demand, sorry. Might try tonight but can't readily think of a way to accessing and navigating the plugin remotely.

Tapatalker

moonbeam
07-04-13, 09:56
Hmm, looks like I have a bit of studying to do about static IPs and URLs. Don't know how often I would need to assign IPs and URLs, which could be a bit complicated. I need to read and learn a bit more. Thanks, though!

What I like about the idea of Ondemand is that it seems better than a proxy. For me, needing a proxy cuts me out of the group that could use iplayers on the television. I have a proxy for my main computer, where I can use the iplayer, but that doesn't affect my television.

BubbleBalls
07-04-13, 10:00
I know nought about proxy but setting a static ip is really simple - it's part of the basic setup when you first start using your box. It is really, really simple so don't get bogged down researching it.

Tapatalker

moonbeam
07-04-13, 10:11
Do you assign the static ip once only? Should it be a UK one if you want to use 28 Astra and the iplayers used with it? I was wondering if I would need to reset the ip every time I had an electricity blip or lost a wifi signal or for any reason that caused my connection to cut out.

Larry-G
07-04-13, 10:14
Do you assign the static ip once only? Should it be a UK one if you want to use 28 Astra and the iplayers used with it? I was wondering if I would need to reset the ip every time I had an electricity blip or lost a wifi signal or for any reason that caused my connection to cut out.

your thinking too much into it mate.

when you set up the network on the receiver you just give it a static IP within your own network. so for example it could be
192.168.0.55. This is just so that you can use things like the web interface without having to constantly look up the receivers IP every time it is changed by the router, set up a static ip and basically thats it.

moonbeam
07-04-13, 10:28
so, it could be any ip address? I am in France, would the address I assign need to be like my real French one? I think it would. That shouldn't be a problem because Ondemand works around the geolock?

judge
07-04-13, 10:34
The box gets an IP address on your local network, the same as any other connected device.
Get the basics up and running first & then you can be helped with any additional features.

Larry-G
07-04-13, 10:35
so, it could be any ip address? I am in France, would the address I assign need to be like my real French one? I think it would. That shouldn't be a problem because Ondemand works around the geolock?

i'm not that clued up on networking or the terminology used so please forgive me if any of this is wrong.

the ip you set has nothing to do with where you are geographically, it's a local ip address assigned by your router. so for example if you use a netgear router it would assign it self to 192.168.0.1 so you can then assign the receiver to a ip within it's local range ( between 2 and 255 ) for example 192.168.0.99.

moonbeam
07-04-13, 10:57
Thanks, both of you! I want to buy a machine that's already loaded, so when I turn it on, I hope it will be pretty much plug and play. After that, I could delete info and update, etc, as needed. Don't want to tinker too much, though, as I am far away from technicians who could help! I am already helped here a lot, btw!

Larry-G
07-04-13, 11:03
you can ask your retailer ( the sponsor ?? ) to preload a image for you, but even then these receivers are far from plug and play, that said with a little reading and asking of questions on the forum we can help with just about all aspects of setup ( where the forum rules permit ).

moonbeam
07-04-13, 12:21
I will buy from the sponsor. I will have to ask a few questions before I buy, of course ;).

A few years ago, I bought an Eagle box. I was mortified that I did something wrong from the very first; I forgot to save a copy of the original image! I managed to get the box set up through advice from a forum. I think I could still use it, but things have moved on and got better from those days...still, could be good to toy with it. Anyway, for the next receiver I buy, I don't want to be too confused with the integral wizards, and wind up setting up parameters that my sponsor has already done for me (and done a better job, too, then me!). I am sure you can understand.

Larry-G
07-04-13, 12:33
The image has a highly customized backup manager and image manager built rite in, so you can make a full image or settings backup at any time.

also once your more accustomed to using the receiver it will only take you 10 minutes to reflash and setup from scratch, believe me on that one. yes it's daunting at first but thats what this forum is here for.

clicky555
09-04-13, 16:30
Hi All,

I have the above OnDemand plugin install on my TM-Twin and absolutely love it, BIG THANKS TO ALL INVOLVED IN GETTING THIS UP. I currently have the following players on mine.

BBC, ITV, 4OD, RTE, TV3, UG, ABC iView(recently added)

Does anyone know if there are more available like 5Demand, Hulu, HBO, Netflix.......would love to add some more so i can stop P2P as ISP is close to cutting me off.

Larry-G
09-04-13, 16:44
we do have a Demand 5 plugin working but we have shelved development on that for the time being as all content uploaded to their servers after august 2012 is heavily DRM encrypted and wont play at all via STB rendering it pretty much pointless. as for any future additions, well were always looking but the devs are on a little break after working so hard on this project for the past couple of months.

clicky555
09-04-13, 17:02
Hi Pheonix,

Thanks for the update. They deserve a break. I am only starting to get into the STB and software scene i come mainly from a hardware background building PC/Servers and the odd electrical work on car. I know a fair bit about SQL/VBA etc and would love to learn some more on the dev side of things. Great work to you all and hopefully i can return the favour someday :)

Larry-G
09-04-13, 17:05
Hi Pheonix,

Thanks for the update. They deserve a break. I am only starting to get into the STB and software scene i come mainly from a hardware background building PC/Servers and the odd electrical work on car. I know a fair bit about SQL/VBA etc and would love to learn some more on the dev side of things. Great work to you all and hopefully i can return the favour someday :)

To be totally honest mate i'm just a crash test monkey compared to guys like Mcquaim and Andyblac, most of what they do is like voodoo to me, but i do know how hard they work and the shear number of hours that go into these projects all for free too.

so yeah i''m just as much a fan of the work they do as any one else.

gari
09-04-13, 22:05
jumped into all this without doing any research at all (not advisable). Bought box from WOS and have had a nightmare setting up, also bought wifi dongle from WOS which i still cant get working for love nor money. Can't get HD for some reason, although suspect tv is at fault. None of this matters now after downloading "on demand plugin" to find i can watch every GRAND DESIGNS ever made. Big thanks to all the guys who developed this plugin and everyone involved in this forum. cheers gari

BubbleBalls
10-04-13, 00:01
About a year ago I researched replacing Sky with Free to air and Saorview (Irish digital tv) and read a lot on many sites. It helped me determine my first STB (Vu duo from a German supplier) but, after the research, I still shat myself flashing boot loader and image for the first time as the tech was totally new to me.

I have spent the last year reading forums, particularly this one, and coming to grips with the capabilities of E2 receivers and images in general. After a few months I began revisiting some threads I looked at initially - threads I liked the idea of but couldn't quite grasp the details of, at that time - and the options available for these boxes is unbelievable. I can now fully understand why people make a hobby from this.

I have had a few moments of "why doesn't this work, I've followed the steps exactly" but that, though frustrating to begin with, has actually been part of the fun, and the learning curve, and you'll get there sooner than you think. I am now on my second box (GB Quad from sponsor) and am delighted that I decided to try this setup.

Stick with it.

Tapatalker

BigPeter
11-04-13, 11:17
Following an update to my ET9200 today I am now seeing ABC iView as a channel. I can see that there are programmes in the ABC player and judging by the content I guess this is Australian? However, so far I have not been able to stream any programmes - just get a blank screen. BBC iPlayer, ITV and so on behaving normally.

judge
11-04-13, 11:22
yes, ABC iView is currently geo locked to Australia.

satzilla
11-04-13, 21:02
Hi guys.
I've installed this plugin through this commend:

init 4 && opkg update && opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand && init 3, which installed ok.

After reboot it started fine and I can choose the program but after pressing ok the screen remains black with zero minute on it.

The strange thing is that I've no problem with this plugin when I try it with BH or Open aaf images and it plays just fine.

Tried to uninstall and re-install it a few times (removed it with remove the plugin option, then deleted the remaining folder with ftp) but still no luck.

I have a VU+ Uno.

Attached the debug log.

Thanks

Tkr001
12-04-13, 00:26
Hi guys.
I've installed this plugin through this commend:

init 4 && opkg update && opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand && init 3, which installed ok.

After reboot it started fine and I can choose the program but after pressing ok the screen remains black with zero minute on it.

The strange thing is that I've no problem with this plugin when I try it with BH or Open aaf images and it plays just fine.

Tried to uninstall and re-install it a few times (removed it with remove the plugin option, then deleted the remaining folder with ftp) but still no luck.

I have a VU+ Uno.

Attached the debug log.

Thanks

Assuming you are running VIX what version and build?

Mavarick
12-04-13, 01:44
This ABC is great for us downunder, would there be the chance for any other Australian channels in the future, especially ones that air the V8 supercars series :)
So those without SKY can watch it .:cool:
Great work
Cheers

Tkr001
12-04-13, 03:12
I can't get ABC on demand as it appears to be geolocked to Australia, can you Mavarick?

Larry-G
12-04-13, 04:36
I can't get ABC on demand as it appears to be geolocked to Australia, can you Mavarick?

Thats correct, it is only available in Australia due to the geo lock.

Mavarick
12-04-13, 06:34
Ops my bad,
sorry Tkr001, I can see everything so i naturally assumed I could watch it
I can get up untill I want to play something, when I play an eposide it comes up with the time line then goes to a black screen
Bugger

mcquaim
12-04-13, 14:13
Ops my bad,
sorry Tkr001, I can see everything so i naturally assumed I could watch it
I can get up untill I want to play something, when I play an eposide it comes up with the time line then goes to a black screen
Bugger

I must add a note next to the players that will only work in their particular regions to avoid this confusion..

As for more Australian players, I do believe one of the Vix team was looking into this but I'm not sure how it's coming along!

stick50jr
12-04-13, 14:25
This ABC is great for us downunder, would there be the chance for any other Australian channels in the future, especially ones that air the V8 supercars series :)
So those without SKY can watch it .:cool:
Great work
Cheers

I'm planning to have a look at the 7Plus catch up... but I'm away from home for the next month.

satzilla
12-04-13, 21:33
Assuming you are running VIX what version and build?

Hi. As the title of my post says, I'm running vix v3 build 649.

eden
19-04-13, 12:29
This is the best plugin I have ever used on any enigma2 box!

I installed it yesterday on my solo2 using BH image with opkg, it worked great, then I learned there is new version tried to manually put files in plugin folder, rebooted, unfortunately the plugin began crashing my BH image, so I reverted.

My question is where can download latest BH working version of the plugin?
thnx and rgds

Larry-G
19-04-13, 12:32
if you installed the plugin in the BH image using a telnet session you have the latest version they have on their GIT.

if you have crash logs upload them to the BH forum and they may be able to fix the issue on their image.

thecaretaker
01-05-13, 00:24
Vix 653 installed - I only seem to have search and exit listed for the 4OD Player. I used to be able to choose a category. Any ideas?

Larry-G
01-05-13, 00:35
Try removing and re installing it.

thecaretaker
01-05-13, 06:27
I've tried that but it didn't fix it. I uninstalled it from the plugin menu (and checked the ondemand folder had gone), rebooted, re-installed the plugin and rebooted again. I even tried swapping an older previously saved ondemand folder. Still only the search and back option shows. I did a search, found Father Ted and it played fine. It's just the menu that has vanished.

Larry-G
01-05-13, 06:57
I've tried that but it didn't fix it. I uninstalled it from the plugin menu (and checked the ondemand folder had gone), rebooted, re-installed the plugin and rebooted again. I even tried swapping an older previously saved ondemand folder. Still only the search and back option shows. I did a search, found Father Ted and it played fine. It's just the menu that has vanished.

I've not had a chance to update yet but I will when I get in from work this morning and post back.

danivtec
01-05-13, 07:12

Can confirm this in my solo 2 aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
01-05-13, 07:41
4OD has indeed only 'Search'. Hasn't it always been like that?

Larry-G
01-05-13, 07:52
4OD has indeed only 'Search'. Hasn't it always been like that?

no mate it usually has a lot of categories same as the BBC iplayer, such as animations, movies etc etc.

any way i too can confirm this on build 655 on my solo2.

Larry-G
01-05-13, 07:56
Deleted OnDemand from the Solo2 and copied a slightly older build from the Ultimo to the Solo2. after a reboot catagories are still missing from the 4OD section.

Rob van der Does
01-05-13, 08:04
Here 4OD has always only had the search (no categories). Maybe this is geo-lock dependant (I'm in France)?

Larry-G
01-05-13, 08:08
This is what it normally looks like.

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww46/TAXMANZ/grab7.png (http://s704.photobucket.com/user/TAXMANZ/media/grab7.png.html)

Rob van der Does
01-05-13, 08:18
Has indeed never been the case here. So it looks like the GEO-lock changes that to 'search' only (as it has always done for me); maybe 'something' in the geo-lock (override) is now not working any more (and treats you as being abroad).

shizik
01-05-13, 08:36
i'm out from UK and 4OD had search and all other sections , comedies , documentaries , drama ... etc ...

Larry-G
01-05-13, 08:38
what image version are you using ?.

Rob van der Does
01-05-13, 08:39
i'm out from UK and 4OD had search and all other sections , comedies , documentaries , drama ... etc ...
Then I'm lost: would GEO-lock 'know' different parts of the world? Where are you located? And on which version of OD (or ViX) are you?

shizik
01-05-13, 08:47
located in Macedonia , latest 656 build , where i can see OD version ? , i'm sure about 4OD had all sections because is my favorite player from OD

Rob van der Does
01-05-13, 08:50
l..... latest 656 build , where i can see OD version ? ...
No need: then you have the latest version.

skippie
01-05-13, 11:00
Then I'm lost: would GEO-lock 'know' different parts of the world? Where are you located? And on which version of OD (or ViX) are you?

I'm in UK and I only got search on 4OD

sent from ONDA V972

shizik
01-05-13, 11:53
maybe there have been some changes in 4OD player , and ViX OD can't take properly links from it .... just guessing

mcquaim
01-05-13, 13:02
The 4OD feeds have changed so the parsing of the main menu is now incorrect.

I will try and get a fix applied and I will upload this to the GIT.

mcquaim
01-05-13, 13:15
Ok, fix has been applied..

Here is the updated fourOD file for those not ar$ed getting it from the GIT :p

skippie
01-05-13, 13:40
Thnx

sent from ONDA V972

mickyblueys
01-05-13, 13:47
I'm guessing this update will also be in feeds version from next vix update?

Larry-G
01-05-13, 13:51
I'm guessing this update will also be in feeds version from next vix update?

as it's in the GIT it will auto build in the next image update.

skippie
01-05-13, 14:26
ITV player gives me Search - All shows and Back, is that correct?

sent from ONDA V972

mcquaim
01-05-13, 14:44
ITV player gives me Search - All shows and Back, is that correct?

sent from ONDA V972

Yes, ITV is very limited in what we can show at the main menu!

Rob van der Does
02-05-13, 07:58
Ok, fix has been applied..
Thanks: working from France as well (so no GEO-lock problem as I presumed).

handy
05-05-13, 16:59
I cannot see the Learning category on the BBC iplayer.
Can this be added?

halfax
14-05-13, 10:40
can some one tell me were the plugin is / thanks

mickyblueys
14-05-13, 10:41
It is in the feeds to download.

chaser
18-05-13, 08:52
Hi,

Searched through this thread but couldn't find any discussion on how to record from OnDemand. Is this possible? I can't find any way to do this on my boxes. Is it a possible future feature?

Larry-G
18-05-13, 09:01
Hi,

Searched through this thread but couldn't find any discussion on how to record from OnDemand. Is this possible? I can't find any way to do this on my boxes. Is it a possible future feature?

No and it's very unlikely that such a feature will ever be implemented as it would likely end up with the person(s) responsible in court with piracy charges.

Rob van der Does
18-05-13, 09:06
There is a plugin named 'MediaInfo', that is capable of recording any active stream(s).

chaser
18-05-13, 09:17
No and it's very unlikely that such a feature will ever be implemented as it would likely end up with the person(s) responsible in court with piracy charges.

Ok thanks for the fedback. Although I'm not sure I understand the difference between recording from sat feeds vs recording from OnDemand feeds. :confused:

judge
18-05-13, 09:19

probably, but adding a 'watch later' feature could be a good gray area worth exploring...

Larry-G
18-05-13, 09:21
Ok thanks for the fedback. Although I'm not sure I understand the difference between recording from sat feeds vs recording from OnDemand feeds. :confused:

I'm no lawyer so i wont even attempt to go there but we wont be adding the ability to Download content from within the OnDemand plugin, if you want to download content there are many methods already available that wont end up with us in a prison cell.

Larry-G
18-05-13, 09:23
probably, but adding a 'watch later' feature could be a good gray area worth exploring...

personally i dont agree, there would be no way to do that without downloading content from the relevant servers which would be piracy plain and simple. The BBC them selves allow you to download content from the Iplayer but it's DRM protected and unless we can implement a similar function we would not have a leg to stand on.

chaser
18-05-13, 09:25
There is a plugin named 'MediaInfo', that is capable of recording any active stream(s).

Ok, we'll that just crashed my box, but possibly because I was already watching an OnDemand feed (NASA: Triumph and Tragedy - it's very good) when I downloaded and started the plugin! Need to play around with it a bit further.

chaser
18-05-13, 09:28
I'm no lawyer so i wont even attempt to go there but we wont be adding the ability to Download content from within the OnDemand plugin, if you want to download content there are many methods already available that wont end up with us in a prison cell.

I certainly wouldn't want anyone to end up in a prison cell!

white_westie
27-05-13, 22:03
Guys
Is ondemand plugin for bbc/itv working okay for anyone this evening, specifically if you are in Ireland?

Just getting vix spinner and then it times out!

Got new upc broadband router and not sure if this is first time we used ondemand plugin since we got it!
Does anyone know if there are specific ports it uses and they might need to be opened? (running a different broadband configuration than before, hence the question)

WW

mcquaim
27-05-13, 22:19
Both are working fine here, also in Ireland..

Did you check in the debug logs what exactly is happening?

white_westie
27-05-13, 22:26
Thks for that, just needed confirmation it was working.
Suspect its to do with new router setup - cannot stream from cricfree either.

white_westie
27-05-13, 22:40
Sorted. Had my own router in dmz with upc router. just took it out and all working.:thumbsup:

tkm18
28-05-13, 08:24
Anyone had issues with this conflicting with the default skin? Havent seen this before.

latest image and ondemand direct from the feed.

TIA.

baz135
30-05-13, 19:23
Hi Guys

I am running V3.0.666 on Vu+Solo2 and bought my box over to Spain. I can't get BBC iplayer, ITV player or C4 players to work as it being blocked beacause I am outside the UK. My understanding is anti GEO blocking is built into the plugin or have I got this wrong?

Any help or advise would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Trial
30-05-13, 19:38
Hi,
BBC and ITV are working here in Germany so no geo blocking. What do you mean with C4?

ciao

Rob van der Does
30-05-13, 20:37
BBC and ITV are working here in Germany so no geo blocking.
And in France and The Netherlands as well.

Larry-G
30-05-13, 21:41
Hi,
BBC and ITV are working here in Germany so no geo blocking. What do you mean with C4?

ciao

he means 4OD mate.

Larry-G
30-05-13, 21:42
Hi Guys

I am running V3.0.666 on Vu+Solo2 and bought my box over to Spain. I can't get BBC iplayer, ITV player or C4 players to work as it being blocked beacause I am outside the UK. My understanding is anti GEO blocking is built into the plugin or have I got this wrong?

Any help or advise would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

yes OnDemand does have code to get around the GEO blocking for the UK players as pointed out in the posts above mine.

what if ant errors are you getting ??.