PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Hard drive disappeared

robelind
11-03-13, 16:18
Hi.

Updated my box during the weekend and I'm now at build 627.
After the update my hard drive, which before the update worked just fine, is not detected anymore.
It's not listed under Devices in the information screen and there's no menu option for configuring it in the settings menu.
What to do?

Larry-G
11-03-13, 16:22
Do you have TSpanel installed at all ?.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

robelind
12-03-13, 13:59
No, no TSpanel installed.
Anyway, after yet another reboot the drive re-appeared.

bluey2
12-03-13, 15:13
Hi, I,ve had the same problem, hdd keeps disappearing. I,ve re-booted several times but it seems to just come and go randomly! When it appears in devices it appears to be mounted correctly, with a usb for back-up mounted correctly also, i wonder if i have a corrupt drive???

mickeyboymel
12-03-13, 20:11
Happens mine too, both HDD & USB disappear after updates, but a few restarts and they reappear.

jeanhugard
13-03-13, 16:54
Same here, done this to me with Vix and Pli images, only way i can get them back is to flash again and they reappear.:confused:
Also if i try to remount them the box just crashes.

marty
13-03-13, 17:27
No problems here :confused:
Rock solid and reliable on my Quad :)
Do you have a USB stick connected?

Lattee
17-03-13, 15:43
I have a disappearing HDD also. It has happened sometimes after updating but also sometimes just restarting the box. Restarting again has solved the problem so far. I have a USB stick connected.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with disappearing HDD, but I have noticed random click sounds when playing mp3's from HDD. And if I put the box in deep standby, HDD makes REALLY loud click sound. Brand new HDD.