PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Picons and EPG Issue

jgc115
10-03-13, 19:18
Hi,

Just upgraded to Vix 3.0.627 from Vix 2.4 and I seem to have two issues as follows.

1. Put my picons in to media/hdd/picon and ch mod picon to 755 - I have a bouquet with DTT and Sat channels but the DTT channels are the only ones showing my picons. This applies to both epg and info bar - what am I doing wrong?

2. In Vix 2.4 while displaying epg on screen I could jump to a different day by pressing the > key to go forward one day and the < key to go back one day - In Vix 3.0.627 this doesn't seen to work - Is there a setting somewhere I have to set?

Thanking you in advance - :confused:

Larry-G
10-03-13, 19:21
2. The EPG has under gone multiple upgrades and updates in the past few weeks, if you press the ch+ and ch- button while in the Graphical EPG it will give you the + and - 24 hr function you want.

jgc115
10-03-13, 19:42
Thanks a mil Phoenix, that worked a treat :)

Any idea why my picons wont show in graphic epg and info bar? - I brought my working picons with me from Vix 2.4 and also tried downloading 28.2E picons from Vix feeds, but to no avail :confused:

mickyblueys
10-03-13, 20:44
Not 100% why you're picons aren't showing, but I do know you are better off storing them on your flash or a usb stick. This prevents you're hdd from spinning constantly.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

jgc115
10-03-13, 21:04
Not 100% why you're picons aren't showing, but I do know you are better off storing them on your flash or a usb stick. This prevents you're hdd from spinning constantly.

Understand, but I just want to get them working first - when you say flash, how do you point them at flash?

Also I now notice I have another issue - the short green button (short-cut to timers) doesn't seem to work???

Thanks

mickyblueys
10-03-13, 21:23
Understand, but I just want to get them working first - when you say flash, how do you point them at flash?

Ftp to box and place picon folder in usr/share/enigma2

I think!

jgc115
10-03-13, 21:53
Ftp to box and place picon folder in usr/share/enigma2

I think!

Yep, that' what I thought and would you believe it I had tried that as well but got the same result - Don't know where to go from here, except maybe to go back to Vix 2.4????:confused:

mickyblueys
10-03-13, 22:13
you do have the picons in one folder only called "picon" ??

I have to ask...sorry.....but it has been known

Edit: scrub that just reread first post

mickyblueys
10-03-13, 22:22
Why don't you download a fresh set
For test purposes

Larry-G
11-03-13, 17:09
Why don't you download a fresh set
For test purposes

That's probably the best way forward. Download a fresh copy of the latest MMC ones from the picon section. Create a folder named picon on the root of a usb stick and place the loose picons in there.

Insert the stick into the receiver and reboot enigma.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

jgc115
11-03-13, 21:24
That's probably the best way forward. Download a fresh copy of the latest MMC ones from the picon section. Create a folder named picon on the root of a usb stick and place the loose picons in there.

Insert the stick into the receiver and reboot enigma.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Will do and thanks for all yer support!

btw - that OnDemand plugin is fantastic! :thumbsup: