PDA

View Full Version : Rewinding live tv

rinaldi1
10-03-13, 13:13
Hi guys,

when I press the rewind button whilst watching live tv nothing happens. I have to press the pause button first and then I'm able to rewind to that point. Is this normal? Vix image 562. Many thanks

judge
10-03-13, 13:15
You need to enable permanent time shift to rewind live TV.

mickyblueys
10-03-13, 13:23
Hi guys,

when I press the rewind button whilst watching live tv nothing happens. I have to press the pause button first and then I'm able to rewind to that point. Is this normal? Vix image 562. Many thanks

I had this in previous versions of vix. But mine works fine now, when I press rewind it rewind's. I don't have to pause first anymore. Maybe if you update to latest version and check again.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Larry-G
10-03-13, 13:25
as judge says you need to enable PTS.

normal time shift is only activated when you press pause and starts at the time you pause the program, so you cant rewind further than this point.
PTS basically sets up a recording buffer to allow you more options such as rewinding live TV. also note if you have TSpanel installed you'd be best off reflashing the receiver without restoring this plugin as it does not play nice with timeshifting.

mickyblueys
10-03-13, 13:29
as judge says you need to enable PTS.

normal time shift is only activated when you press pause and starts at the time you pause the program, so you cant rewind further than this point.
PTS basically sets up a recording buffer to allow you more options such as rewinding live TV. also note if you have TSpanel installed you'd be best off reflashing the receiver without restoring this plugin as it does not play nice with timeshifting.

Thinking on...When I had my problems it may of been when I was messing about with tspanel, I've since wiped and reflashed.

Larry-G
10-03-13, 13:32
Thinking on...When I had my problems it may of been when I was messing about with tspanel, I've since wiped and reflashed.

very likely yes, this is just one of the reasons we advise against TSpanel in the ViX image.