PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] latest build openvix-3.0.626 cannot mount but openvix-3.0.204 build can mount fine ?

uscool
10-03-13, 01:28
Hi, i have a Vu Solo, i noticed when trying to mount usb stick or external on latest build or even versions below , have trouble mounting , if i do a clean reflash and have usb attached on first boot , i can see device fine and can mount it fine, but when need reboot or attach a difference usb device , when going into mount manager, i get device name make, but for size unavailable and will not mount will crash, i have also tried openvix-3.0.204 build and it works fine all the time never have same issue, i have rebooted many times and tried different usb sticks , hard drives and always can mount , so wondering whats happening on here ?

Thanks

Rob van der Does
10-03-13, 06:33
Do you have TS-Panel installed?
If so: flash your box and don't install TS-panel.

kegnkiwi
10-03-13, 08:29

Do you think this is the same with all models? I am having the same issue with tm-twin oe and yes I do have tspanel installed.

Larry-G
10-03-13, 08:32
Do you think this is the same with all models? I am having the same issue with tm-twin oe and yes I do have tspanel installed.

TSpanel is a known issue with all OE-A and Pli based images as it overwrites many image critical system files during it's install, this not only makes the image unstable but also makes it virtually impossible to uninstall if the need arises. There are a number of known problems when using TSpanel including but not limited to timeshift issues.

Mandanddeb
10-03-13, 10:35
I don't have tspanal installed and my hdd won't keep the mounts every time I deep standby or upgrade image I have to remount my hdd what am I doing wrong?

Larry-G
10-03-13, 10:41
how was the HDD setup ? was it initialized via the image when you first installed it into the receiver ?. To be honest i have never had a issue with mounts from either the internal HDD or external USB devices on any receiver or Image build.

Mandanddeb
10-03-13, 10:50
Yeah like I did my duo before this but the one exception I did by mistake coz its 2tb I quartered it (can't think of the word to early brain still drunk) and I have to re mount three of them every time can I change it back to one whole hdd?

Another quick question iv upgraded from 623 to 627 and it got stuck on upgrade this morning and I has to switch off at the back I'm not having much luck today at all :-( might go back to bed and start again haha but when I goto info it says build 627 but my light is flashing green !:confused:

Larry-G
10-03-13, 10:53
if there is nothing on the HDD that you need to keep i would put the HDD in a PC or cradle and remove the individual partitions completely then reformat it before putting it back into the receiver, then initialize it again. i know it sounds long winded but thats the only way i know of to ensure the HDD is set up properly.

as for the update to 627 if it hung on the reboot it could very well be because the receiver was trying to run a check disk on the HDD, although we would not know that for sure without a bootlog from the time in question.

Mandanddeb
10-03-13, 10:56
Rite ok great thanks mate thank you for all your help your a star :-) ill get on to it when I sober up a bit lol

Larry-G
10-03-13, 10:58
Rite ok great thanks mate thank you for all your help your a star :-) ill get on to it when I sober up a bit lol

no worries, hopefully it will help with your issues, if not then please do post back and we will see where we can go from there.

uscool
10-03-13, 11:35

Hi, yes i do have tspanel installed, i will reflash again and not install tspanel , see if fixes it, i also have a vu ultimo with latest build openvix 3.0 and tspanel installed never had issues with mounting !

Thanks

Larry-G
10-03-13, 11:44
Hi, yes i do have tspanel installed, i will reflash again and not install tspanel , see if fixes it, i also have a vu ultimo with latest build openvix 3.0 and tspanel installed never had issues with mounting !

Thanks

To be honest most users can sail by and never notice issues with TSpanel but we removed it from our feeds because during testing several of us noticed a lot of funky goings on with it installed. I'm not saying that there is any thing malicious in the plugin but it overwrites a lot of image critical system files which cause problems. if the devs of the panel coded it properly so that it did not have to overwrite these files we may consider reinstating it to the feeds but as it is now thats' just not going to happen.

Rob van der Does
10-03-13, 12:03
Recently a lot of users have encountered mounting problems caused by TS-Panel. Apart from this recently introduced bug TS-Panel is known to cause other issues for a long time already.

uscool
13-03-13, 14:26
just reflashed very latest build and this time didn't install tspanel and mounting works perfect every time, thanks guyz, dont really need it as can get them manually and also plugins sections is more then good enough,