PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] HDD won't mount

goldfishbowl
09-03-13, 12:21
Since I upgraded to build 626 my HDD has disappeared from my system, when I go into Main Menu - Information - Devices it shows Detected Devices: /dev/sda1 Not mounted. When I go into Main Menu - Setup - ViX - Mount Manager I can see the hard disk listed but it shows as - Size: unavailable Mount: None Device: /dev/sda1 Type: unavailable, if I press red button for Use as HDD my box crashes, if I press blue button to Mount my box crashes.

I have tried to mount via telnet and have even swapped out the hard drives and tried an external drive but nothing will mount.

Has anyone come across this problem before?

Thai Smiles
09-03-13, 12:24
I'm using the latest blackhole on a Vu+ solo and can't get my usb stick to mount either! Hmmm

Stanman
09-03-13, 12:26
Did you try the left right button to chAnge sda1 to HDD?

Also can you post up the crash logs.

goldfishbowl
09-03-13, 13:18
Did you try the left right button to chAnge sda1 to HDD?

Also can you post up the crash logs.

Crash log attached.

Rob van der Does
09-03-13, 14:28
This is most probably caused by TS-panel. Please reflash your box, don't install TS-panel and see how you go from there.

There have been a lot of warnings on our forum about TS-panel not being compatible......

goldfishbowl
09-03-13, 16:38
This is most probably caused by TS-panel. Please reflash your box, don't install TS-panel and see how you go from there.

There have been a lot of warnings on our forum about TS-panel not being compatible......

Thanks, I'll give that a go tomorrow and report back.

goldfishbowl
10-03-13, 12:45
Thanks, I'll give that a go tomorrow and report back.

Re-flashed my box this morning and the HDD is showing up as normal, will stay away from TS-panel in future I think.

Larry-G
10-03-13, 12:50
Re-flashed my box this morning and the HDD is showing up as normal, will stay away from TS-panel in future I think.

Thanks for keeping us informed, this should help other users with the same problem as you had.

Andy_Hazza
10-03-13, 14:20
I can also confirm it is a TSpanel issue. Reflash box with latest firmware, I use ViX personally. Installed plugins without TSpanel and working a treat and HDD still mounted. :D

Stanman
10-03-13, 16:20
Personally I would never use a plugin like TSpanel, it makes your live easier but you learn nothing, comes down to that adage of giving fish or teaching to fish.

I know which one has been better for me, and its not Capt Birdseye;)

cheekythomas
27-10-16, 22:42
Blast from the past thread, but im having the same problem? Ive just fitted a new hdd into the machine, but when i try initialise it, it fails...

lincsat
27-10-16, 23:29
Are you sure the HDD is OK. You can try inserting it in a PC, Caddy or USB cable is easiest. Check it initialises and then delete all partitions. You can then even use the free Partition Wizard to create an EXT4 partition.

Rob van der Does
28-10-16, 04:14
You can then even use the free Partition Wizard to create an EXT4 partition.
Which isn't a wise thing to do.
When you initialise the HDD by the STB it will be formatted using specific parameters that will improve the performance for use in a STB.