PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Help ...! Uploaded New skin Now system is stuck on home page

craig37
09-03-13, 00:22
Help... thought i'd be clever and change the skins page . Uploaded Magic HD skin, System rebooted but now stuck on Openvix home screen ... I have access to Filezilla and the Vu+ but not sure where to reset or delete skin

Help??

Newbie..Sorry

judge
09-03-13, 00:28
Magic HD should be fine, what build number are you using?
It will be installed in /usr/share/enigma2/ Just ftp in, delete it & the box will boot to the default skin.

craig37
09-03-13, 00:35
Thanks Judge .. Thats it back on... I'm on build Vix 3.0n 600 Have deleted it and everything is back to normal.. Any idea's why its hung.. I did download Vix day and vix night but haven't tried those ?

judge
09-03-13, 00:46
There has been a few skin related changes recently.
I'd update to build 626 & try it then.

andyblac
09-03-13, 01:24
as judge says, e2 has a new skinning engine, that allows a lot more control for skinners.

craig37
09-03-13, 10:59
Ok.. I've messed around last night and i still kepting havin issues with the skins. I had to use filezilla to delete the skins from the enigma file so it would go back to default. When i now go to plugins and skins , the Vix day, vix night and magic skins aren't there when i download skins..? Have update vix to 627 but the same issue is there.. How can I get the skins back ?

:confused:

craig37
09-03-13, 11:04
Ignore that the skins are already in the skins setup area ..!

satmanbasil
09-03-13, 13:29
Hi

when reloading my duo yesterday with 3.0-204 i added some skins and found they made the box hang same problem with a latter v339 i used too, was only when i flashed the very latest v626 to the duo that i found the skin worked, take it that with recent work done on skins for the image some are no longer compatable with old version of the vix image?

Larry-G
09-03-13, 13:38
Hi

when reloading my duo yesterday with 3.0-204 i added some skins and found they made the box hang same problem with a latter v339 i used too, was only when i flashed the very latest v626 to the duo that i found the skin worked, take it that with recent work done on skins for the image some are no longer compatable with old version of the vix image?

yes this is correct for all of the ViX produced skins such as the newer versions of the default ViX day and Night skins and the Magic ones rob produces.