PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Movie List Sorting

afc_rich
08-03-13, 20:15
I've noticed an issue with sorting within the movie list. For movies on the internal HDD the sort function works fine when pressing the blue button, however when connecting to a CIFS mount the sort button does nothing. I had this issue with build 600 as well. Any ideas?

VU DUO
Build 3.0 626
Night HD Skin

andyblac
08-03-13, 20:43
i can't test CIFS, but NFS works fine, none of out beta team has reported an issue.

Rob van der Does
08-03-13, 20:51
Sorting on cifs mounts works fine.
However: make sure samba has been installed on both machines.

afc_rich
09-03-13, 08:09
SAMBA is installed on the duo and I am connecting to a windows server. This functionality did work previously and my configuration hasn't changed.

Rob van der Does
09-03-13, 08:23
And on the server the box has write-rights?
That is required, as the settings are written to a small file in the folder.

afc_rich
09-03-13, 16:44
Thanks for the update.

The user account only has read access and this has always been the case. Has the way in which sorting works changed? I only ask because if there is a file written to the folder, in theory the sorting should have never worked on previous VIX versions as I have never allowed write access.

Rob van der Does
09-03-13, 22:17
The user account only has read access and this has always been the case. Has the way in which sorting works changed? I only ask because if there is a file written to the folder, in theory the sorting should have never worked on previous VIX versions as I have never allowed write access.
Nothing has been changed in this area lately, so I'm not sure how it could have worked fine earlier.