PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] New Display Skin Selector (Build 626)

andyblac
08-03-13, 19:57
guys/girls

i have coded a new Display Skin Selector found in SETUP --> SYSTEM --> DISPLAY --> SKIN SELECTOR

this allows you to choose the skin you want, the old setting 'Use picons' for display has been removed you now choose what skin you want here.

also some more good news i have recoded the way picons are displayed for GigaBlue Quad & UE. it will will now use the standard infobar pcions to display on the LCD dsiplay, the VuUtlimo still need LCD pcions as it is mono display.

Also if you look in the plugin downloads you will see a new section called display here is where you can find 'skins' for your display (currently for Quad, UE & Ultimo), please download and try them out.

a last note if you wish to share your modded xml with others please take a photo of the display for a preview and name and send both file to me

andrew.blackburn644@btinternet.com

please name your email subject "LCD Skin for ViX Image" and tell me what machine it is for , and i will add it to the downloads.

thanks

andy.

azael
09-03-13, 20:54
Hi
Is this supposed to work on the UE as after doing the latest update there is no option under system/setup labelled as display. Is there anything else I need to download to get this option or will it be implemented in a later update? as this looks like a really good way for implementing LCD picons.

Stanman
09-03-13, 20:58
No mate, if it works on your box it will be in the image by default.

Not got that box so not sure if it should be there, will ask Mr Mister

azael
09-03-13, 21:05
Ok thanks for your speedy reply

andyblac
09-03-13, 22:05
Hi
Is this supposed to work on the UE as after doing the latest update there is no option under system/setup labelled as display. Is there anything else I need to download to get this option or will it be implemented in a later update? as this looks like a really good way for implementing LCD picons.

it should work on UE, but i admit i have not tested, i will flash my UE and test tomorrow for you.

azael
09-03-13, 22:21
That's brilliant thanks :thumbsup:

s31teg
10-03-13, 14:15
i have tried to change the skin on my ultimo but asked to reboot then just went back to default?

do i need to add the picons in first? i though this would not matter

rossi2000
10-03-13, 14:38
it cannot re-render your normal picons for the ultimos vfd as it does for the quad/UE

you'll need a separate vfd picon pack for the ultimo

the vfd picons imo need to be created from scratch, as there only black and white and not full colour like the quad/ue

Larry-G
10-03-13, 14:42
Hence the reason for this thread.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?26985-Member-wanted-to-update-VFD-picons-for-Ultimo&p=201584#post201584

rossi2000
10-03-13, 15:16
yep that thread supports what i wrote above..

andyblac
10-03-13, 16:12
i have tried to change the skin on my ultimo but asked to reboot then just went back to default?

do i need to add the picons in first? i though this would not matter

yes and there are some in the feeds.

Clabs
11-03-13, 13:23
Here is Rossi's last VFD picon pack. If they could be added to the feeds, that would be great.

Thanks

andyblac
13-03-13, 00:55
Here is Rossi's last VFD picon pack. If they could be added to the feeds, that would be great.

Thanks

thanks, i will add to feeds, the ITV logs could do with being updated, they are the old ones.

can someone take a photo of the ultimo display with Rossi2000 skin so i can add it to the feeds.

Rogier Pointl
13-03-13, 10:09
How about Dutch LCD-Picons? does anyone know how or where to get these? (if even available?)
Rob vd Does should know as he's dutch :thumbsup:
So Rob, if you have an idea, please let me know!

Thanks in advance, Roger

Clabs
13-03-13, 17:10
thanks, i will add to feeds, the ITV logs could do with being updated, they are the old ones.

can someone take a photo of the ultimo display with Rossi2000 skin so i can add it to the feeds.

Thanks Andy

I realise that some are a bit out of date but they still look pretty good. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills involved to update them.

Here is a picture from Rossi's thread:

Alanp
13-03-13, 17:21

I have updated some of the itv logos see here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?25266-New-ITV-HD-logo-(Larger-Ultimo-VFD)&p=202327#post202327

Rob van der Does
13-03-13, 17:32
How about Dutch LCD-Picons? does anyone know how or where to get these? (if even available?)
Rob vd Does should know as he's dutch :thumbsup:
So Rob, if you have an idea, please let me know!

Thanks in advance, Roger
Sorry to say, but I've never been interested in picons on the VFD. So I've no idea really.

Larry-G
13-03-13, 17:42
Lyngsat hold a very large database of picons that almost every picon maker uses as their base. If any one has the dutch ones they will.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
13-03-13, 17:51
The availability of picons is no problem: they are on the feeds. It's about transforming them for VFD-use.

danivtec
13-03-13, 18:59
Can't see the pack on the feeds on build 629?

Edit: found it!

Larry-G
13-03-13, 19:03
They will be available as soon as the next image is pushed as andy is currently in the process of rebuilding his build machines and the feeds, in order to keep every thing running as it should. please be patient as it will take a little time.

danivtec
16-03-13, 18:26
Can Rossi's xml layout be added to the display settings?

This allows the VFD to display the picon fully?

XML file attached

thecaretaker
17-03-13, 07:22
I don't know if anyone will find these useful, I use slightly smaller display picons (110 x 40) on my ultimo (not sure where I got the originals) but I've managed to keep them reasonably up to date by making my own. I use a slightly modified skin_display_picon.xml to get them to display correctly. You are welcome to play.

danivtec
04-04-13, 19:59

XML file attached

Could this be added to the feeds?

andyblac
04-04-13, 21:37
I don't know if anyone will find these useful, I use slightly smaller display picons (110 x 40) on my ultimo (not sure where I got the originals) but I've managed to keep them reasonably up to date by making my own. I use a slightly modified skin_display_picon.xml to get them to display correctly. You are welcome to play.

no need to resize the picons themselves the skin engine will do it for you.

andyblac
04-04-13, 21:38

XML file attached

last time i check it it was incomplete. lots of missing screens.