PDA

View Full Version : Is my box faulty?

andrew999uk
29-09-10, 22:17
Hi

I've took delivery of my new vuo+ today. Started up ok and loaded with original image no problem.

When I turned off the box using the on/off switch at the back I then turned it back on but it won't boot back up?

All I am getting is the red light at the front?

Tried pressing the power button and menu button on the remote but nothing happens. I have tried turning off and on several times but still nothing happens.

Is my nice new box faulty or am I missing something obvious? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Sicilian
29-09-10, 23:04
Have you tried leaving it off for a few mins then trying to boot it again?

andrew999uk
29-09-10, 23:16
Yep that did it!

Thanks for the super quick response. It's gonna be a late night.............

pooface
30-09-10, 08:22
Yep that did it!

Thanks for the super quick response. It's gonna be a late night.............

Have you tried flashing it at all? Use the usb method, if that doesn't do anything, use the rs232 method...

satmanbasil
30-09-10, 12:04
Hi mate

Quote " I've took delivery of my new vuo+ today. Started up ok and loaded with original image no problem"

What image did you load and which method did you use ? usb stick or null modem with vu util prog??.... when you switched off the receiver was you able to see any channels working.
I would suggest downloading another image and trying again it could be just a glitch

regards

satmanbasil

Sicilian
30-09-10, 12:06
I think the OP has sorted it, see post 3.

andrew999uk
30-09-10, 13:10
Thanks for all your replies.

The original problem was sorted by me being a little more patient and leaving the box switched off for a few minutes before turning back on. Thank you Sicilian! It then booted up as normal with the default image.

Since then I have loaded via usb the VIX 1.1 image and it all looks good apart from when I download and install a channel list via the plugin remote control option. I first tried vhannibal settings and it hung on install so I had to re-flash and I then tried catseye settings but when it reboots after installing it keeps hanging at the "loading enigma II" stage. I'm assuming I will have to re-flash and try again via an alternative method?

Unfortunately I am away from home until the weekend which is bad timing when I want to play with my new toy.....

world-of-satellite.co.uk
30-09-10, 16:13
Just replied to your email, but thought I'd help you here. When the receiver reboots it can take a couple of mins and its normal to go through the 'Loading' and 'Starting Engima2' boot screens. This is normal, be patient ;)

Here's what I suggest to try: -

Please try this to test the motor: -

1. Flash with latest official firmware http://archive.vuplus.com/download_5.3/
2. On reboot as you go through wizard set tuner as per attached screenshot changing the long and latt settings to suit your area.
3. Press Menu button on remote > Setup > System > Customize > Make sure 'Enable Multiple Bouquets' is set to YES (using left and right buttons on remote) 4. Send these settings to your Duo http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?42-Catseye-Enigma2-Settings-file-75-East-to-58-West&p=16986&viewfull=1#post16986 Using this guide http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?623-How-to-send-save-Enigma-Settings-to-the-VUDuo-using-DBEdit
5. Reboot receiver by holding down standby button on your remote, you will see a power menu on screen, select restart.
6. Once rebooted re-check Tuner configuration. Press Menu on remote > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner configuration, make sure they're still correct.
7. If all ok re-flash with image of your choice such as VIX1.1 or latest OpenPLI image following the same procedure above.

Hope this helps.

papinder
30-09-10, 21:03
I think its just his tuner config. which is making the problem.
You should sets your sats first and simply do a channel search and then go from there

satmanbasil
01-10-10, 23:15
Thanks for all your replies.

The original problem was sorted by me being a little more patient and leaving the box switched off for a few minutes before turning back on. Thank you Sicilian! It then booted up as normal with the default image.

Since then I have loaded via usb the VIX 1.1 image and it all looks good apart from when I download and install a channel list via the plugin remote control option. I first tried vhannibal settings and it hung on install so I had to re-flash and I then tried catseye settings but when it reboots after installing it keeps hanging at the "loading enigma II" stage. I'm assuming I will have to re-flash and try again via an alternative method?

Unfortunately I am away from home until the weekend which is bad timing when I want to play with my new toy.....

Hi mate

When you install satellite settings you may find your box is not tuned to a channel to check this use the arrow down button to bring up your channel listings then green button to select the satellite your dish is pointing at then exit one step and use the channel listing to select a fta channel if on 19east astra hd would be one. if you still dont see any picture the check your tuner setting as channel/satellite settings added can revert back say you selected 4 birds in the wizzard back to 2 after you installed your setting. Its because you added the setting and your not on a clear channel your still seeing the the screen setup logo.

regards
satmanbasil

andrew999uk
02-10-10, 21:59
All sorted now. What a great box!

Thanks to all who responded...........