PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Epg issues

craig37
07-03-13, 22:43
hi guys, Sorry yet another Newbie. I've just got my new solo 2 from Our sponsor Wos.... ! Easy to install no major issues thanks to this forum. I only have one issue, which is the epg... Some channels will only show now or next or even show nothing... Have read some of the solutions on the duo 2 but don't appear to help on the Solo 2 . I've got Vix install via our sponsor

Using |Cross epg that it came with .. Little advice would be greatly appreciated

Stanman
07-03-13, 22:47
You need to configure providers, if on Sly UK than openTV 28.2E and than set up auto download but do it manually for the first time.

craig37
07-03-13, 23:12
It doesn't give you the option to do anything manual, Ticked to box and it downloaded, It read the titles and then restarted. Did another restart but still very limited epg.. Do i have to leave the system switched on for a period before it will update ???
:confused:

craig37
07-03-13, 23:36
Sorted it, changed to setting in config from usb flash to HDD and re download . All epg now availible

mickyblueys
07-03-13, 23:40
There's no reason it shouldn't work on you're usb, have you tried letting your box format the usb. Then download epg to it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Larry-G
07-03-13, 23:49
There's no reason it shouldn't work on you're usb, have you tried letting your box format the usb. Then download epg to it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

it's likely either
A. the op does not have a USB stick inserted
B. the USB stick is not correctly mounted.

both of these could result in the original error as presented to the OP.

craig37
08-03-13, 09:41
Pheonix, You are spot on .. The Newbie, being me...! failed to have a usb inserted DOH..!

Thanks

Larry-G
08-03-13, 09:44
Pheonix, You are spot on .. The Newbie, being me...! failed to have a usb inserted DOH..!

Thanks

no worries, at least now you know for next time.

arnie2014
20-10-14, 22:25
Hi all

can I just ask as I see people having their picons and EPG etc installed on either their HDD or USB

just wondered which one is the best and what difference does it make

cheers

judge
20-10-14, 22:37
Hi all

can I just ask as I see people having their picons and EPG etc installed on either their HDD or USB

just wondered which one is the best and what difference does it make

Picons best on flash or USB. EPG best on HDD or USB.

abu baniaz
20-10-14, 22:37
EPG can be on HDD or USB. It is only read on startup and during save process.

For picons, in order of preferance
1. Internal flash memory (fastest)
2. USB flash drive
3. Hard drive (will spin up on channel change unles already spinning)

arnie2014
20-10-14, 23:32
might sound daft but iv never odne it before but how would I install the picons into flash memory

I cannot remember how I downloaded my picons now but I know I downloaded direct on the box from the addon or plugin menu

arnie2014
20-10-14, 23:50
3788437883 37885 37886 37887 37888

I have a feeling my current settings are the reason that my EPG doesn't load up with programme summaries correctly or at all.
everyday I have a few channels that load up the programme but they do not load the summaries, what should I change here to correct this issue

I only watch SKY UK TV

judge
20-10-14, 23:56
The wallpaper? :p

On a serious note though, why are you downloading multiple sources for UK EPG?
What sats do you actually need? if only 28.2E, your first selection of OpenTV on 28.2E is all that's needed.

abu baniaz
20-10-14, 23:56
Just use the OpenTV EPG for 28.2. No need for the xmltv stuff.

arnie2014
21-10-14, 00:17
The wallpaper? :p

On a serious note though, why are you downloading multiple sources for UK EPG?
What sats do you actually need? if only 28.2E, your first selection of OpenTV on 28.2E is all that's needed.

the box was setup like that when I received it so I havnt got a clue, so if I don't need to do that as I only need the UK EPG for uk sky

am I safe to disable everything else.

I bet that's why my EPG is messed up with certain summaries missing, yes I only need 28.2e so I canget all uk skychannela

judge
21-10-14, 00:21
the box was setup like that when I received it so I havnt got a clue, so if I don't need to do that as I only need the UK EPG for uk sky

am I safe to disable everything else.

I bet that's why my EPG is messed up with certain summaries missing, yes I only need 28.2e so I canget all uk skychannela

Yes, disable everything else. Personally, I prefer OpenTV for 28.2E.
All other settings are just overwriting it with another provider, no need & will cause issues.
You might prefer the detail provided by other providers though, so try them one by one & use the one you prefer.

arnie2014
21-10-14, 00:24
Yes, disable everything else. Personally, I prefer OpenTV for 28.2E.
All other settings are just overwriting it with another provider, no need & will cause issues.
You might prefer the detail provided by other providers though, so try them one by one & use the one you prefer.

no problem as long as one of them gives me all the summaries to all the programs that's fine

judge
21-10-14, 00:31
OpenTV for 28.2E is probably your best & only needed option so. Done over the air & no need to rely on 3rd party websites
After you disable all the others, do a fresh download of EPG.

Rob van der Does
21-10-14, 02:24
After you disable all the others, do a fresh download of EPG.
Then it would be best to delete the old data first, otherwise it just adds up.
So stop E2 (init 4), delete epg.dat, start E2 (init 3). Then do a fresh EPG data import.

arnie2014
21-10-14, 18:16
ok I disabled all the other providers and now just have opentv for my EPG data,

one question? how do I delete any EPG data left over from the overs

abu baniaz
21-10-14, 18:53
Issue telnet command

init 4

Then delete the epg.dat file using ftp program

arnie2014
21-10-14, 19:06
Issue telnet command

init 4

I have never used Telnet how do I telnet to the box please

and also how do I FTP to the box please, can I not delete this file direct form the box itself

abu baniaz
21-10-14, 19:14
EPG data is kep in randomn access memory. It is written back to the storage device at restart/shutdown. It is pointless deleting epg.dat while the receiver is running as it will just be re-written back. This is why you must stop enigma from running by use of telnet command.
One way is to use a program a called called Putty to issue the telnet command. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40948-How-to-remove-ocram-conf-file&p=315344&viewfull=1#post315344

For FTP , I use a program called Filezilla.

DaMacFunkin
21-10-14, 19:16
Or you can use telnet lite on your iPhone or iPad...

arnie2014
21-10-14, 20:48
Issue telnet command

init 4

So doesn't telnet command init 4 - stop enigma running - if so how would I get it running again

can I not turn off the box then just use the ftp ( im trying to use vu control centre to delete the epg.dat file

where is the epg.dat file located on the box so I can find it in ftp

abu baniaz
21-10-14, 20:49
Depends on what you have it setup as in epg menu. Normally on root of storage device ( i.e not in a folder)

arnie2014
21-10-14, 20:51
EPG can be on HDD or USB. It is only read on startup and during save process.

For picons, in order of preferance
1. Internal flash memory (fastest)
2. USB flash drive
3. Hard drive (will spin up on channel change unles already spinning)

how would I install the picons on flash memory then, iv never done that, I don't currently have a spare USB so I am guessing at the moment all my Picons are stored on my internal HDD am I correct?
as if I can reduce the hard drive spin up then il do whatever I can to prolong its life if it doesn't need to spin .
also can you recommend any good picons for uk sky channels please.

abu baniaz
21-10-14, 20:54
can we deal with one thing at a time?

arnie2014
21-10-14, 20:54
Depends on what you have it setup as in epg menu. Normally on root of storage device ( i.e not in a folder)

ok il have a look now

arnie2014
21-10-14, 21:00

according to my cross EPG menu it says the storage device is the hard drive

abu baniaz
21-10-14, 21:09
That would be /media/hdd/

arnie2014
21-10-14, 21:23
ok I have just deleted the EPG data file and crossEPG and re downloaded them

so im guessing that is fine now? would you recommend me putting the EPG onto USB when I get one?

abu baniaz
21-10-14, 21:27
For EPG, USB or HDD are equal in merit. If you have a HDD then stick to that, no need to use USB for EPG.

You can start a new thread for picons when you are happy with EPG

arnie2014
21-10-14, 21:30
thank you for all your help,

well the EPG seems to be ok now, just gone through it and its download all programmes well I went upto about Saturday but obviously it could of downloaded more

abu baniaz
21-10-14, 21:32
well done!