PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] no free tuner

skooby
07-03-13, 22:25
Hi all, not sure if this is a vix or a solo 2 issue. I am running build 600. When recording 2 channels and trying to watch a third it comes up with no free tuner,as you would expect. However, if I cancel one of the recordings it still gives me the same message and I have to reboot.

Skooby

Mavarick
08-03-13, 03:19
I had something similar with my duo. it all came down to the feq of the channels I wanted to record,
I was lucky enough to have some guidence from Tkr001 and from this I was able to bunch the channels off different transponders together and after this I have recorded up to 6 channels at once.
Took me about 15 mins once I got the hang of it.

Tkr001
08-03-13, 05:25
Mavarick's problem was different to the OPs. Cancelling the recording should free up the tuner as the OP says. Maybe posting a log will enable someone to spot the problem.

craig37
08-03-13, 08:10
Maverick, could you explain how to do this bunching to allow six recordings, the review on you tube said it wad possible to do this with a solo 2 . I also get no free tuner when recording two channels, but i don't have to do a reboot...Thanks

garryboy
08-03-13, 09:52
I think if you press the TV button when recording 2 channels its shows the channels in white that are on the same transponder and these can be viewed or recorded. All other non viewable channels are in red.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Larry-G
08-03-13, 09:57
I think if you press the TV button when recording 2 channels its shows the channels in white that are on the same transponder and these can be viewed or recorded. All other non viewable channels are in red.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

all none available channels will be grayed out and you wont be able to select them.

judge
08-03-13, 09:59
As ye are using ViX, when recording 2 channels, have ye tried hitting the up/down circle button for channel list, then red button for all channels to see what else is still available?

Tkr001
08-03-13, 10:10
NZ satellite TV is all vertical polarity and on a single satellite. Sky transmits regional variations of the same channel often on different transponders (nothing new here) so by browsing the transponders it is possible to make choices for your bouquets to maximise tuner utilisation according to your viewing preferences. That is all I helped Mavarick with.

craig37
08-03-13, 15:53
Thanks for that....