PDA

View Full Version : Tuner A and B Problem

athers63
07-03-13, 20:35
Hi,

I appear to be having problems with my new Vu+ Solo2 (Build 600), with regards to the recording of one channel and watching of another.

I have connected the VU+ Solo2 to the satellite dish with a twin cable, and followed the setup procedure which has been brilliantly explained on this forum, and it worked perfectly!

For about a week or so, I was able to record one channel, whilst watching any other channel I wished, but for some unknown reason, this is no longer the case. When I am now recording a programme on one channel, and try to watch another, the screen for the programme I try to watch goes blank (apart from the channel information, and "Tuner AB" in red text), and then the message "Tune Failed".

At first I thought that it was a satellite cable issue, so I connected the twin cable which was feeding the VU+ Solo2 to a freesat box I use in another room, but this produced no operational/recording problems with the freesat box. I then connected the twin cables which usually feed the freesat box, to the VU+ Solo2 box, but this resulted in the same recurring issues.

As far as I can see, the problem only appears to be with Tuner B.

Does anyone have any ideas, because as I am new to this technology, I am not sure if I have missed something, or if it is a problem with 'Tuner B' no longer working (i.e. faulty).

Thanks very much in advance

andy2110
07-03-13, 20:38
i had similar issues in the past on my duos, i just went back to the tuner set up and re-entered them, saved, restarted box and it works...do check that the connections are ok...and maybe worth while swapping cables to see if its a cable issue or a tuner issue.

when you are in service searching and goto the bottom on sat finder, do both tuners pick up a signal?

athers63
07-03-13, 21:52
I tried a full reset procedure yesterday, but it didn't change anything.

I have just entered the service searching, as you suggested, and it's 0% on all info.

The mystery is that it was working ok.

As mentioned earlier, I have tried swapping cables, and they worked ok on my other satellite box (Humax), but the cables that worked on the Humax highlighted the same issues as before with the VU+ Solo2

Steviewilson
08-03-13, 01:15
I have exactly the same issue mate, tuner A on 28.2E gets 220 odd services, tuner B finds over 950. Swapped cables, no difference.

judge
08-03-13, 01:20
Can ye take screenshots of your Tuner config screens & post them here.
Use this tutorial (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12554-Tutorial-How-to-make-a-screenshot-dump-from-your-satellite-receiver&p=90834&viewfull=1#post90834) if you're unsure how to take them.

08-03-13, 13:27
Hi,

I have connected the VU+ Solo2 to the satellite dish with a twin cable, and followed the setup procedure which has been brilliantly explained on this forum, and it worked perfectly!

Sorry to hijack your thread but would you mind pointing me in the direction of the brilliant explanations please as I still haven't got passed loading an image to my new solo2, which remains about much use as a chocolate teapot :(

Cheers,

Keith.

judge
08-03-13, 13:33
Sorry to hijack your thread but would you mind pointing me in the direction of the brilliant explanations please as I still haven't got passed loading an image to my new solo2, which remains about much use as a chocolate teapot :(

Cheers,

Keith.

Have a look here.
How to USB flash upgrade VU+ Solo2 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24773-How-to-USB-flash-upgrade-VU-Solo2&p=184083&viewfull=1#post184083)

athers63
08-03-13, 18:17
Thanks very much for the screenshot tutorial, very helpful

Please see the results below (I have used the "Insert Image" tool, and it has inserted a line of text. I hope this is correct, but don't know until the reply is posted):

andy2110
08-03-13, 18:42
any dfferent with swapping cables over so that the one in a now is in b? and see if that affects anything

75mak
08-03-13, 19:00
I had a similar issue, but my problem was related to the CAM I think.

Not sure what I can say on the forum regarding the CAM, but I had to restart it every few minutes - Obviously this was no solution so I just went and reflashed the thing, but still had issues.

I then after attempting several things (including flashing several images BH and Vix), installed a second CAM (different version) and had them both running.

Now, I don't know if the CAM was the problem or whether installing the other CAM actually made any real differance - but after I did do that I stopped having the recording problem of watching one channel while recording another.

athers63
09-03-13, 10:22
any dfferent with swapping cables over so that the one in a now is in b? and see if that affects anything

I have tried swapping the satellite feeds into Tuner A and B, I now don't receive any channels, and the "Tune Failed" message appears.
I then went into the Tuner Configuration menu, and set Tuner A to "nothing connected". This resulted in me receiving channels on Tuner B ok.

I would think that this is now pointing to an issue with either the cable or LNB, if it weren't for the fact that (as explained previously) I have connected these cables to another satellite receiver (Humax Freesat), and it worked perfectly, i.e. I could record two separate channels, and watch a third.
I also connected the cables normally feeding the Humax Freesat box, to the VU+ Solo2, and still had the same problems with the VU+ Solo2.

I would be grateful for any suggestions

Thanks in advance

hammyboy
09-03-13, 14:02
hi
have you tried a fresh install of the latest image (now build 626) from usb to see if the problem is still there?
you can download the image from http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo2/
ham

athers63
09-03-13, 20:41
hi
have you tried a fresh install of the latest image (now build 626) from usb to see if the problem is still there?
you can download the image from http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo2/
ham

Thanks for the info on the update.

I have now updated to the latest software, but unfortunately, still the same problem.

hammyboy
10-03-13, 00:30
Thanks for the info on the update.

I have now updated to the latest software, but unfortunately, still the same problem.

sorry i cant suggest any further help but in my own opinion i think there is a hardware problem with the tuners in your box.
perhaps you can try your supplier for a replacement?
as far as i know the solo2 is out easily less than a year so in you should be still under waranty
ham

black1000
01-05-13, 08:12
record and watch two different channels solves the problem of third-Have:confused:

Trial
01-05-13, 10:58
Hi,
a bit late sorry.

another satellite receiver (Humax Freesat), and it worked perfectly, i.e. I could record two separate channels, and watch a third.

with only 2 tuner and 2 cable this is a special situation and only works if at least two of these 3 channel are on the same transponder. It does not mean that you can record any two channel and watch another channel when they are on 3 different transponder.

ciao

black1000
01-05-13, 12:24
Hi,
a bit late sorry.

with only 2 tuner and 2 cable this is a special situation and only works if at least two of these 3 channel are on the same transponder. It does not mean that you can record any two channel and watch another channel when they are on 3 different transponder.

ciao

I'm sorry poor english friends able to make a solo 2 record by 2 7-8 of 2 separate dish la solo second is not my problem thanks

popss
14-05-13, 11:26
Problem how do you get the solo2 to record on the second lnb, only seem to be able to use lnb1, should be the same as if you have two separate boxes as that was how I did it before was able to record on one box and watch with the other.

So how does the solo2 change over or select which lnb to use for recording as both are set to 28.2 east

Rob van der Does
14-05-13, 11:57
Problem how do you get the solo2 to record on the second lnb, only seem to be able to use lnb1, should be the same as if you have two separate boxes as that was how I did it before was able to record on one box and watch with the other.

So how does the solo2 change over or select which lnb to use for recording as both are set to 28.2 east
I have no idea what you mean to ask.

Osamo1956
14-05-13, 11:58

Setup/System/Customise
Then,
Setup mode = Expert
Change Preferred tuner to Auto
Leave all other setting alone.
(Personally I'd then restart)

Hopefully that should sort it.

popss
14-05-13, 13:38
All sorted forgot to do a manual scan on both tuners so used to single tune boxes missed that bit.
Out of 2TM boxes,1Skybox S12 least said about that one and an xcruiser xdsr40hdplus.
Also got a full channel list from A and B
:D:thumbsup:

Rob van der Does
14-05-13, 15:20
Euuhhh? Not sure what you mean: there's no need whatsoever to use both tuners for a scan (unless both tuners can only see completely different satellites).

ojouff
21-05-13, 20:53
I had a similar problem. B tuner had only a few channels.
In addition some of my HD channels was speccy.
The source was my connax ci-cam. So installed a softcam and know it worked

OJ.

zdan
23-05-13, 07:45
I had a problem too. My Tuner 1 & 2 having a sensitivity issue. I did manual scan but only lock certain channel while the rest still invisible. Actually the signal still there but cannot be detected and lock by Solo2 tuner.

Do I need tu upgrade tuner driver..? or or flashing a new firmware or else...?

Rob van der Does
23-05-13, 08:12
I would appreciate some more info, such as imag/build tuner setup, exact problem.

I can't seem to find any tuner issues with my Solo2.

zdan
27-05-13, 05:15
I had a problem too. My Tuner 1 & 2 having a sensitivity issue. I did manual scan but only lock certain channel while the rest still invisible. Actually the signal still there but cannot be detected and lock by Solo2 tuner.

Do I need tu upgrade tuner driver..? or or flashing a new firmware or else...?

You're not the alone, I do have similar problem. Both tuner having simillar issue, the tuner sensitivity. I tried to scan on NSS 6, by using normal STB and manage to capture about 105 services, but with Solo2 only manage to lock 65 service...

I tried to manual scan each individual transponder but result remain same, even 6ft parabolic does not make any diffrence. :confused:

Is it a defective tuner or manufacturing defect.?

I'm using:

BlackHole (latest) Image.
Solo2 original Image.
VIX latest Image.

Tested with positioner/disecq and direct connection.

any idea..or Solo 2 really have a tuner issue?

My tool:

Satellite Finder with realtime Spectrum Analyzer/Constellation.