PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Copy from HDD to USB Flash Drive

redrobin
06-03-13, 16:09
What is the procedure to copy a Movie from the Internal Hard disk to a USB Flash Drive/Stick inserted into the front USB socket (Vu+Duo) using telnet.

I know i can ftp the movies over to a PC, but thought it might be quicker to use a USB Drive/Stick.

warajoker
06-03-13, 16:12
if you go to your recorded movies on your vu+duo you should be able to move them to your usb via the green button

redrobin
06-03-13, 16:34
Do i need to mount the USB Drive after inserting it, can i insert it whilst the box is running

warajoker
06-03-13, 16:42
you may need to mount it so that the duo will reconise it. but im not sure. try it
Do i need to mount the USB Drive after inserting it, can i insert it whilst the box is running

redrobin
06-03-13, 21:35
Inserted the USB Flash drive in the front USB port and it was automatically mounted.

Went into Movie list and saw the option to Move ie Green Button, but i didn't want to move the movie, so pressed Menu and there was an option to Copy so did that instead. You don't get any notification of process or when its finished, i was checking by telnetting on and checking using the 'ps' command. When the 'cp' command had finished went into Movies list again and press menu and there is an option for Mounts which allows you to unmount the USB drive.

Only problem i had was that the USB drive was formatted FAT32 and the ts file was greater than 4Gb

Stanman
06-03-13, 21:36
come out of everything and press blue button and it shows you the progress.

redrobin
06-03-13, 21:51
I've got another USB device what format should i use so that i can copy files greater than 4gb and still use the drive on a PC

Tkr001
06-03-13, 21:54
I would use ext4. There is plenty of free software to read ext formatted drives on a PC

11-03-13, 12:34
How do I format my USB stick to Ext4?

Cheers,

Keith

roy0110
11-03-13, 12:41
How do I format my USB stick to Ext4?

Cheers,

Keith

if using vix image,
menu/setup/system/hard disk/ convert ext4

Larry-G
11-03-13, 13:03
I would use ext4. There is plenty of free software to read ext formatted drives on a PC

There is even a tutorial on the forum too.

How to Access Linux Partitions (ext2, ext3, ext4) From Windows. Click here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22172-How-to-Access-Linux-Partitions-(ext2-ext3-ext4)-From-Windows&highlight=How+Access+Linux+Partitions)

Larry-G
11-03-13, 13:04
if using vix image,
menu/setup/system/hard disk/ convert ext4

no, thats used when converting from earlier ext2 or ext3 revisions. to format the stick to ext3 / ext4 use the initialize option within the image.