PDA

View Full Version : Scanning but not getting all services on 28.2E?

Steviewilson
05-03-13, 09:10
Im running a scan on my solo 2, got 2 feeds from a sly dish that used to run my sly + multi room box and STILL does run our lounge sly HD box, tested the dish on my Technomate 9100 with no problems. When I perform a scan on the solo 2 Im only picking up 218 services from 28.2E, any clues why Im not getting the lot? Tried replacing the satellites.xml file, uploading the latest catseyes services file, nothing, at least two thirds are not being picked up. Anyone any clues why Im not getting every available service? Any other setting that could affect it other than satellites.xml? Ive tried a few different images and sometimes it does find over 700 odd services, at the moment I have BH 2.0.1 installed.

warajoker
05-03-13, 09:14
try vix and use the "autobouquetmaker"
Im running a scan on my solo 2, got 2 feeds from a sly dish that used to run my sly + multi room box and STILL does run our lounge sly HD box, tested the dish on my Technomate 9100 with no problems. When I perform a scan on the solo 2 Im only picking up 218 services from 28.2E, any clues why Im not getting the lot? Tried replacing the satellites.xml file, uploading the latest catseyes services file, nothing, at least two thirds are not being picked up. Anyone any clues why Im not getting every available service? Any other setting that could affect it other than satellites.xml? Ive tried a few different images and sometimes it does find over 700 odd services, at the moment I have BH 2.0.1 installed.

Steviewilson
05-03-13, 09:37
try vix and use the "autobouquetmaker"

If I use VIX and get all the channels, why cant I use BH and get all the channels too?

Sicilian
05-03-13, 15:49
could any of the following: -

Wrong tuner settings.
LNB Skew.
Dish Alignement.
Wrong scan settings.

You need to post your tuner and scan settings.

Steviewilson
05-03-13, 19:14
Thanks for your help, think Ive cracked it, every time I ran a scan it was on tuner A, switched to tuner B rather than just swapping cables over, and Im currently at 41% and found 383 services! When Ive had the full bhoona before it must have been when my setup was Tuner A equal to tuner B and tuner B set at Simple, Single, 28.2E and diseqc no, rather than both the same. Could this indicate a faulty tuner?

Sicilian
05-03-13, 19:49
The tuners will not be faulty, your settings look wrong.

How exactly are your tuners wired to the dish/dishes?

Steviewilson
05-03-13, 22:25
OK My dish outside is an original Sky dish with a quad lnb, 2 feeds into the lounge and 2 into the spare room. Lounge currently uses a HD box and the spare room did have Sky +. I know the dish is fine as the HD box in the lounge gets every channel, no problems with signal etc. The 2 feeds into the spare room where the solo 2 is are fine as I tested them on my Technomate 9100 on Sunday, got every channel again, and no signal problems.
I have tuner A and B both as Simple, Single, pointed at 28.2E and diseqc NO. My settings are a catseye list, amended to only 28.2E.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated guys. Thanks

s1m0nw
05-03-13, 22:29
if ur using cateyes settings then you dont need to do scan.

Once youve loaded cateyes bouquets on - just setup ur tuner config as such and then exit the menu and select a channel

Steviewilson
06-03-13, 01:24
if ur using cateyes settings then you dont need to do scan.

Once youve loaded cateyes bouquets on - just setup ur tuner config as such and then exit the menu and select a channel

Simple, single, 28.2E and no diseqc?

s1m0nw
06-03-13, 18:54
yes thats the one. Sorry I couldnt check it out myself as the misus took over the telly lol.

Steviewilson
06-03-13, 19:31
yes thats the one. Sorry I couldnt check it out myself as the misus took over the telly lol.

Would you reckon then if I have it all set as you suggest and Im not receiving all channels (thru one way or another) that the tuner A in my box may be faulty and should be returned for a replacement?

Stevie

s1m0nw
06-03-13, 22:42
Whats happening? are not not able to watch a FTA channel using bouquets? If thats the case try a different bouquet list. I know from experience some bouquets i have tried havent worked (which i find rather strange) and others have worked.

Have you tried using Vix's built in Autobouquetsmaker?? (Note: you need to have the vix image for this)

Steviewilson
07-03-13, 00:53
Whats happening? are not not able to watch a FTA channel using bouquets? If thats the case try a different bouquet list. I know from experience some bouquets i have tried havent worked (which i find rather strange) and others have worked.

Have you tried using Vix's built in Autobouquetsmaker?? (Note: you need to have the vix image for this)
Cracked it, I had a feeling it had to be tuner config, so I tried every combination possible, I set the tuner A to advanced, and diseqc to 1.2 - all channels just popped up :) dunno why diseqc 1.2 would do anything as its a fixed dish! But it's on anyway :)