PDA

View Full Version : Where are my picons stored?

E2Royal
29-09-10, 16:50
I’ve upgraded to Vix 1.1 and love it; Many thanks.

Everything is working fine except I cannot get the box to use the picon file on the USB stick. I’ve set the Skin Settings/Choose Picon location to USB and installed a folder called picon on the USB.

Using my computer, if I put some picons in the usb/picon file then put USB in the VU+ Duo then using FileZilla I find the media/usb/picon folder is empty?!

If using FileZilla I transfer some picons to the media/usb/picon folder they work but if I turn the receiver off remove the USB and put in my computer, the picon folder is empty so they did not go to the USB.

The media/hdd/picon folder is also empty and the (can’t remember) usr/share/picon folder is also empty.

Where is the picon folder it’s using and how can I re-direct it to the USB?

-E2Royal-

samad
29-09-10, 17:58
Hi E2Royal.

Copy the files over to the folder yourself.

Best way that I use is by simply copying the files to /media/cf/picon/

so just FTP your vu dup, go to /media/cf/picon/ or create a "picon" folder in /media/cf/ and then up those files there in it!

Restart your box, should work!

Stanman
29-09-10, 19:53
In set up>Skins there is an option to specify PICON location select USB and should work fine

satmanbasil
30-09-10, 12:40
Hi mate

The minute you remove the usb stick from the vu it will not read whats on it again so leave it in .
The location of the file in the vix image is media/usb/picon ... if you put the usb stick in the go into menu and format the stick then mount it. then ftp your picons into the file restart the box and you will see them in the cool programe guide.

regards
satmanbasil

E2Royal
01-10-10, 05:33
Many thanks for your help. It's now OK

-E2Royal-