PDA

View Full Version : lost channels and tuner issues

drx360
04-03-13, 01:00
hi guys got a very strange problem, shut down my box 2 days ago as was laying a new floor, re-routed cables and extended the cables, powerd back up today and ive lost the abilty to watch over half my channels, keeps comming up as tune failed, i dont understand whats going on all ive done is extend the cable, tried a rescan but all if found was 300 or so channels? could this be sat.xml problem?

abu baniaz
04-03-13, 02:51
It would not be a satellites.xml issue. In my opinion, it would be the cable extension. How did you extend the cable or replace with a longer one? Double check connections and that the f plugs are long enough and no shorts caused by the braid touching the plug.

Stanman
04-03-13, 17:55
As Abu says, try reconnecting to orginal cable without the splice in and see what scan shows. if all channel than its the extension at fault

drx360
04-03-13, 19:43
solved! was in fact the cables, strange thou as i bought pre-moulded ones ready to fit from ebay(wont be doing that again!) went out and bought cable and plugs and made my own, worked fine after that, lesson learned cheapest is not always best.

Larry-G
12-03-13, 17:29
solved! was in fact the cables, strange thou as i bought pre-moulded ones ready to fit from ebay(wont be doing that again!) went out and bought cable and plugs and made my own, worked fine after that, lesson learned cheapest is not always best.

Agreed. Its always best to spend the time making sure the job is done rite from the off. Lots of ebayers sell crap at silly low prices thats often the cause of such problems like yours.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2