PDA

View Full Version : Blind Scan Technomate TM-2T

tunstac
03-03-13, 09:21
New to this but making slow progress :) Does the TM-2T support blind scan using the latest Vix image? What are the steps for doing this? I'm scanning 28.2E and missing lots of channels (e.g. Sky UK etc..).
Help appreciated as I've spent about 16hrs trying to fix it without success. Thanks.

Sicilian
03-03-13, 09:34
Post your satellite setup and exact tuner settings please.

tunstac
03-03-13, 09:39
Technomate TM-2T, fixed dish 28.2 E ...err not sure what details you need? Sorry, still learning!

Sicilian
03-03-13, 09:44
Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner Configuration.

Set Tuner A as per screenshot and if you have a second feed to Tuner B, set the same for Tuner B.

Then run Autobouquets maker.

Menu > Setup > Service Searching > AutoBouquetsMaker > Configure for your area and run a scan.

tunstac
03-03-13, 09:44
I am also running an Ariva 202e which was connected to the same dish and blind scan retrieved all channels (so the dish is working and setup correctly). It's something I am doing wrong on the TM-2T because it picks up freesat HD but misses most (but not all) other channels when I do a scan.

Sicilian
03-03-13, 09:48
I am also running an Ariva 202e which was connected to the same dish and blind scan retrieved all channels (so the dish is working and setup correctly). It's something I am doing wrong on the TM-2T because it picks up freesat HD but misses most (but not all) other channels when I do a scan.

The TM-2T does not support blindscan. To scan do as follows: -

Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Manual Scan > See screenshot.

tunstac
03-03-13, 10:23
Is the blindscan a feature of the firmware (e.g. VIX) or is it a feature of the hardware? If network scan doesnt get all the channels would a change to the 4D firmware give blindscan functionality? Trying network scan now to see if it picks up the channels...thanks for the help

Sicilian
03-03-13, 10:35
Most Enigma 2 receivers scan satellites/transponders using a satellites.xml file, not many support Blindscan. No 4D image will not give you Blindscan. Anyway no need to scan if you follow the autobouquetsmaker instructions I posted.

tunstac
03-03-13, 10:51
Thank you. I have just performed a manual scan on tuner A using the settings you gave and found 226 channels. I then configured Tuner B using the same settings and performed a manual scan using this tuner and found over 700 channels. Both tuners are connected to the same dish !! Does this mean something is wrong or is this normal? I would have guessed that both tuners would pick up the same number of channels ?

Sicilian
03-03-13, 10:54
Are you tuner settings exactly as posted?
Are you using direct feeds from at least a twin output LNB? Or are you using a loopthru or somekind of splitter?

tunstac
03-03-13, 11:07
Yes, feeds configured exactly as suggested. I am getting direct feeds from a quad output LNB. I am not using a loopthru or splitter (AFAIK).thx

Sicilian
03-03-13, 11:11
(AFAIK).thx

:confused: What do you mean, why dont you just check?

Both tuners should give more or less the same results provided set as posted and scan settings are exact as posted.

Why dont you just use AutobouquetsMaker??

tunstac
03-03-13, 11:24
Like I said, new to this - dont know exactly what you mean by splitter or loopthru. Have checked and the cable runs directly from dish to reciever with no interuptions. Am running a manual scan and then the autobouquet maker in that order. I take it the autobouquet maker groups together channels based on the results of the scan?

Sicilian
03-03-13, 11:25
No need to scan then Autobouquetsmaker should everything there for you.

hhatkin
04-03-13, 15:39
I take it the autobouquet maker groups together channels based on the results of the scan?It just finds the channels and groups them under a whole lot of classification headers. You don't need to do a separate scan, or anything else. Splitter would be trying to split the signal from one LNB which you can't do. Loopthrough is putting the signal from the dish into one receiver and out again to another, which you're not doing.