PDA

View Full Version : Size of picon for VU_Plus_HD skin?

yngvekl
29-09-10, 09:16
As I just have too much spare time (yeah... right!!) I want to create some picons for this skin. What
would be the ideal size to have them in? Is it the same picon's that is used on both the Channel info bar
and the epg window?

Shall I use 8-bit colours, or doesn't it matter? I'm going to use transparent background...

andyblac
29-09-10, 09:42
As I just have too much spare time (yeah... right!!) I want to create some picons for this skin. What
would be the ideal size to have them in? Is it the same picon's that is used on both the Channel info bar
and the epg window?

Shall I use 8-bit colours, or doesn't it matter? I'm going to use transparent background...

take a look at the default picon, to see what you need

yngvekl
29-09-10, 09:58
OK, but I'm at work now. Where's the default picon placed?

EDIT: Nevermind.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yngvekl
02-10-10, 09:33
Hahh... funny :) When using transparency as background, it shows nicely in the channel info bar. In EPG, however, behind every logo I can see what's on the current channel... :)

@Andy: This is not how I want it... :) What's the RGB code for the dark grey background in the logo area in the channel info bar?

andyblac
02-10-10, 11:09
Hahh... funny :) When using transparency as background, it shows nicely in the channel info bar. In EPG, however, behind every logo I can see what's on the current channel... :)

@Andy: This is not how I want it... :) What's the RGB code for the dark grey background in the logo area in the channel info bar?

it is not a solid colour it is a vignette, i'll sort out background for the picon area for ya.

yngvekl
03-10-10, 18:28
One thing concerning the "picon creator"... after making all of the pics transparent (with gimp) I used mentioned tool to create the picons. The tool changed the pics from RGB color to indexed color, so that the transparency didn't work. I had to edit all of the picons again, removing the now white background... Strange?!??

bobby1
11-10-10, 16:31
Yes I noticed the same thing with picon creator. Very annoying.