PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Youtube for Vix

Rahat786786
02-03-13, 00:44
Is there any youtube player that actually works for vix 3.0 build 600 currently. The webmedia plugin, I think its called, in the vix feeds doesn't seem to respond to remote keys like only numerical inputs display.

Any advice?

Anyone got mytube working?

Larry-G
02-03-13, 00:53
mytube used to work but we are forbidden from carrying it in our feeds due to license restrictions, not sure what else works at present as its not some thing i use my self.

MR T
28-07-13, 00:54
hi , didn't see the point in starting a new thread as i have exactly the same question.

Is there a fully functioning plugin which will allow me to play youtube videos using the vix image ? i've tried "mytube" doesn't allow you to search.
also tried tsmedia which allow play back of listed videos in youtube but there's no virtual key board to input a search.

thanks

grapenose
28-07-13, 03:51
mediaportal has youtube. Its in German but you can search. Not as good as BH image,which was/is included in the plugins list.

Rob van der Does
28-07-13, 06:09
The version used in BH is illegal. We (try to) obey licences.

MR T
28-07-13, 09:52
So is it Safe to say there is no way to watch Youtube On vix then ??

its a shame because its a brilliant Image.

Thank you both for replying.

Larry-G
28-07-13, 10:03
So is it Safe to say there is no way to watch Youtube On vix then ??

Thank you both for replying.

No, there are many ways to watch youtube on the ViX image but we cant and wont carry the mytube plugin in our feeds because the author has imposed a licence which legally forbids us from doing so.

BubbleBalls
28-07-13, 10:25
I use Airplayer (donation required after a day or so)and stream YouTube from my iPhone - find this really handy as its easier to search on the phone app than tv.

Also available on tsmedia which has search option and is better than media portal (IMO)

Tapatalker

Rob van der Does
28-07-13, 10:41
It's indeed a shame that several plugin builders try to keep Dream alive by allowing their plugins only to be distributed on DM-images. And than knowing that Dream wouldn't be Dream without the enormous amount of work done by the open community.....
Anyway: it didn't help, as Dream is almost gone by now.

And the good news is of course, that YouTube is stil available; in other plugins as has been reported.