PDA

View Full Version : ftp problems

dougieduncan
01-03-13, 22:17
hi can anyone help me please ive actually bought 3 technomate tm2t s from w o s ,set the 1st one up no problem using ftp through tutorial from this site ang got it running great in my living room
tried setting up second box for a friend and everything went well until something happened at the end of the process when i was trying to send cccam & file to box using ftp it just doesnt seem to see the config file and after this a box comes up on screen stating softcam check error
tried setting up 3rd box but same again softcam check error
does anyone know how i can sort this or reset boxes back to original

dougieduncan
01-03-13, 22:20
it also states during process no config files found please set up cccam
any help would be great , im tea ring my hair out with this

judge
01-03-13, 22:34
are you sure you are sending the CCcam.cfg to the correct IP of each box? and is it named like that?

dougieduncan
01-03-13, 22:49
ive actually got cccam on and is active, yes have ip address for each box but when sending files through ftp it scrolls like mad and says files failed folders failed , i just dont know how to sort this
thanks for quick reply

judge
01-03-13, 22:51
What ftp client are you using?

dougieduncan
01-03-13, 22:55
im using flash fxp ,

judge
01-03-13, 22:57
That shouldn't have any problems so.
I use FileZilla myself without any issues.

dougieduncan
01-03-13, 23:06
as i say everything went magic on first box using flash fxp
it was at the end of process when tranfering files across to 2nd and 3rd box when problems started , dont know if i pressed wrong location for files or something but just cant get file onto box and it states softcam check error
no config files set up cccam in etc folder

dougieduncan
01-03-13, 23:08
is there anyother way to put cccam files onto these boxes

judge
01-03-13, 23:14
a few different ways, you could put it on a usb stick, stick the usb stick in the box, telnet in and copy it to where you need.
FTP is a lot easier though & you'll probably require it again, so best to get your ftp issues sorted first.

dougieduncan
02-03-13, 09:26
thanks judge , the problem i have is i havent a clue how to get the ftp issues sorted , do i download a new cccam or new vix image and start again? anyhelp would be brilliant actually had a bash at telnet but after i put ip address in, user which is root , and put password as password it didnt accept this tried blank that didnt work either

judge
02-03-13, 13:25
by default, telnet username is root & password is left empty.
have a look on your router to see the correct IP of each box & try FTP again.

dougieduncan
03-03-13, 17:39
thanks again judge ,how i get the ip address of my box is on remote control menu/information/network and ip is on there how do i go about looking on my router to see the correct ip of each box

Stanman
04-03-13, 17:35
Which router?

On the netgears there is a menu for attached devices, or if another one try looking at LAN settings on the router.

dougieduncan
06-03-13, 21:35
yes i have correct ip address checked my netgear router for this

davy28
07-03-13, 00:59
I too had this issue mate, i don't know if your circumstances were the same as mine but i was trying to split one line 3 ways which just doesn't work you need seperate lines for each box. Can't really say much more than that due to forum rules we need to be very careful what we say...

Hope this helps

Good Luck!!!

Larry-G
07-03-13, 01:04
I too had this issue mate, i don't know if your circumstances were the same as mine but i was trying to split one line 3 ways which just doesn't work you need seperate lines for each box. Can't really say much more than that due to forum rules we need to be very careful what we say...

Hope this helps

Good Luck!!!

you have said a little too much already there buddy, you obviously know the forum rules so please dont try to circumvent them.

davy28
07-03-13, 01:07
Apologies pheonix only trying to help...

Larry-G
07-03-13, 01:11
Apologies pheonix only trying to help...

I understand and appreciate tha but please remember the rules we have in place are there to protect all of us, including our users.

davy28
07-03-13, 17:47
I understand and appreciate tha but please remember the rules we have in place are there to protect all of us, including our users.

Point taken..

dougieduncan
07-03-13, 20:00
hi got cccam on now it was error int etc folder changed file permission to 755 and bingo worked

dougieduncan
07-03-13, 20:06
got another problem got boxes working but server is red when set up at mates house cant understand this had box running in mine last night going great any further help am i missing something cheers

Larry-G
07-03-13, 20:11
got another problem got boxes working but server is red when set up at mates house cant understand this had box running in mine last night going great any further help am i missing something cheers

I very strongly suggest you read the forum rules before going any further.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

river-rat
09-03-13, 21:19
sorry to hi jack, ftp on my mates box via team viewer tonight , played up

icefilms was playing up so i told him to remove it via plugins and then reboot
i then ftped to his box, put the folder there, refreshed all ok
rebooted the box and the files disappeared? ftp problem?