PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Multi Sat Fine Tuning - Solo2 latest image behaves different from Duo latest

delahmed
01-03-13, 00:19
Evening all,

Have a Vu+ Duo original and also a Vu+ Solo2.

Both have latest VIX image installed (build 600 i think)

My motor dish has been knocked out slightly due to winds, but using the following guide (http://cccam-exchange.com/threads/1776-How-to-Manually-tune-and-store-sat-positions-on-VU-Duo), I was able to fine tune each satelite on my Duo. I usually have to fine tune by stepping west about 4 times to get the strongest signal.

I have found 2 differences between the 2 images so far.

Positioner Setup
Once i fine tune a satellite, i cant store the position number i want on the solo2, i only have option to press blue to "allocate". On my duo, i would store 0.8w to 1 and 28.2e to 28, and so on.... easy to remember. Pressing the numbers on the remote do not do anything....

Tuner Configuration> Advanced
This works fine on the Duo, simply select 28.2e and then disable USALS and enter Stored Position 28 for example. Nice and easy....
However on the Solo2 latest Vix image, when i try the same thing, the options are not there when in choose a new LNB. the list is much shorter.

The only workaround i have found is to use the profile "All Satellites 1" (or 2,3,4) instead of 28.2e. I can then enter position 28 (for 28.2e). The problem is that I want to scan at least 8-10 satellites ranging from 30w to 28.2e. This workaround seems suitable for upto a max of 4 satellites.

Can someone shed some light on whether this is a bug or a if it meant to behave like this on the solo2?

What are my options?

delahmed
02-03-13, 11:51
thanks dog.
yeah i figured that out a few hours after posting. i still had to turn the remote settings to prefer text for me to enter the position number in the positioner setup screen. all sorted on the solo2 - getting strongest signals now. the winds have misaligned my dish by about 3 degrees!

Also noticed the SNR is a lot higher on the Solo2 than the duo, by maybe 15%.