PDA

View Full Version : Inadyn setup - router side of things

dhod
28-02-13, 23:36
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but..

I've got inadyn installed and setup on my vu duo, I've registered with noip.com and entered the details.. But I'm not sure what I do with the router side of things.

I'm on a dlink router and it only has 2 options for their server name dlinkddns.com or dyndns.org, so I thought I would register with dlinkddns.com but I can't enter that on the system section.. So I'm really confused as to what I should do?

Thanks in advance
Dan

delahmed
01-03-13, 01:34
Dan,

Entering your dyndns info in the inadyn settings is enough. On your router, you simply have to port forward all the ports you want to the local ip address of the Vu+ box.

i.e. my static ip for the vu+ box is 192.168.1.84 and i enter my dyndns info on the Vu+ box. Use a browser to access your router interface (mine is 192.168.1.1) and look for Port forwarding and forward ports 8001 (original video stream), 8002 (transcoded video stream only for Solo2) and 21 (if you want to access via FTP) remotely to your static ip address of your Vu+ box.

Also one thing i noticed, is if i browse to the dyndns alias from my house connected to my wifi, i get my router login page on my iphone.... if i disable wifi and use my vodafone 3G, and try the same web address i get the OpenWebIf page (as expected).

Once you have it set up, i would recommend Dreambox Live app for iPhone/iPad. I prefer that over Vu+ Player and iStreamGate personally.

Hope you enjoying the duo!

D

dhod
01-03-13, 11:28
Thanks Del,

I think it was due to the loopback as it kept asking me for login details.
I managed to get through to the open webif on my browser whilst i'm here at work, but on the dreambox live app it says my hostname isn't valid? Not sure if that's because I haven't added those port forwards but seems strange.
I'll look in to it at the weekend.

Thanks
Dan

josh_g
01-03-13, 11:35
what router are you using? i have a home hub and it was a right pig to set up :mad:
try putting turning of all firewall setting on the router to test it and see if you have it set up correctly