PDA

View Full Version : epg help

den169
27-02-13, 09:53
Guys iv'e got a genuine vu+duo bought about october 2011,How do i tell what bootloader is on it,I'm on vix 2.3 but sgt flipflops bouquets just will not update iv'e tried everything i can find on the net to get these working but no joy.The fta channels update but no others.I was happy with vix 2.3 don't like messing if i can help it but it looks like i'm going to have to update to latest bootloader and vix can someone point me to these please.

roy0110
27-02-13, 10:11
the bootloader on the box might be ok, you would just need to reflash with latest image.
or update the bootloader anyway (same procedure as flash image) both downloads available here....

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=

how-to flash your box here.....

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3-How-to-flash-a-VU-Duo-using-a-USB-stick

den169
27-02-13, 12:50
How do i find out which bootloader i have iv'e heard its risky doing the bootloader ,So would rather leave that alone if possible.

satcat
27-02-13, 13:03
sgt flipflops bouquets do not auto update m8,,, you need to get the latest update and overwrite the old ones...! also he as stopped doing these off late, but i think some one else as taken it on again,,so do a search for the latest set out there, and write them to your box using dreamboxedit...cheers satcat

garyblas
27-02-13, 13:32
Upgrade to latest Vix image and install auto bouquet

den169
27-02-13, 13:49
sgt flipflops bouquets do not auto update m8,,, you need to get the latest update and overwrite the old ones...! also he as stopped doing these off late, but i think some one else as taken it on again,,so do a search for the latest set out there, and write them to your box using dreamboxedit...cheers satcat
I installed the latest flipflop think its 14th jan but no joy,Tried to download with crosspeg as iv'e done for the last year but it just won't have it.

den169
27-02-13, 13:51
Upgrade to latest Vix image and install auto bouquet
I need to find out my bootloader to do that don't want to brick the box.

Larry-G
27-02-13, 16:25
I need to find out my bootloader to do that don't want to brick the box.

The only way I know to identify the bootloader version is via a rs232 serial bootlog.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Tkr001
27-02-13, 19:40
Just flash the latest boot loader. It takes seconds and won't hurt if you have already done it.