PDA

View Full Version : EPG problem

jagandeep
27-02-13, 01:58
Hi guys, I am using catseye bouqet with crossepg. When it comes to update the epg, only free to air channels are downloaded. Could you please tell me what is happening?

chris16v
27-02-13, 10:18
i could be wrong but i am sure the author of bouquets should make no difference.
how is your crossepg settings configured? use "open providers 28.2" and download again. see if that helps

jagandeep
28-02-13, 02:06
i could be wrong but i am sure the author of bouquets should make no difference.
how is your crossepg settings configured? use "open providers 28.2" and download again. see if that helps

I think it is due to me not initialising the usb first to ext4. I initialised today and will see how it goes.

chris16v
28-02-13, 13:44
well initialising the usb to its fomated to ext4 and then ensure its mounted correctly using the VX mount manager worked for me, but i wasnt seeing any download at all.

always worth a go and report back for the benefit of the community

jagandeep
01-03-13, 23:50
Ok so far it seems to be holding the epg data but I have not seen any progress when it auto updates. Only freeview (BBC,ITV etc) epg data is being loaded. Will tell more of my progress tommorow. If by formatting my USB to ext4 does end up working, then the 'new setup box guide' in the vix team image guide subforum needs to be update because it does not tell you to format your usb to handle the epg to ext4 if that makes sense

jagandeep
02-03-13, 14:37
Ok so it seems as if the new setup guide is a bit dated or lacking in depth. I could not update my bouqet list with the settings in the guide on this website. However these instructions worked perfect for me:
http://www.digital-k a o s.co.uk/forums/f210/dreamboxedit-guide-167275/

jagandeep
05-03-13, 16:47
Epg seems to be updating with the scheduled timer now. I got it to work by disconnected the ethernet as opentv does not need internet connection anyway to download epg as it uses a radio channel. All good with the ethernet out so far.