PDA

View Full Version : Stuck big time. Setting channel list on Solo2?

Steviewilson
27-02-13, 00:44
Hi all.
Ive had a Techie 9100 for a number of years. Today I received my new shiny Solo2 and after work I set about setting it up. I dont have a card yet (or any other way of getting channels open setup!) so Im only expecting to open freeview channels. But Ive downloaded a catseye channel list dated 17/02/13 (E2 settings file), edited it to only 28E, uploaded, rebooted, connected the box to my existing sky dish that my sky HD box in the living room is working fine on, and yet so many channels like BBC Scotland HD, BBC Two, Channel 5 etc all say Tune Failed. What have I done wrong here?

Larry-G
27-02-13, 00:50
if your using ViX try the ABM = AutoBouquetsMaker plugin as that can generate a FULL SKY UK bouquet in under 90 seconds.

Menu> Setup> Service Searching> AutoBouquetsMaker.

Steviewilson
27-02-13, 09:05
Still a very high % of channels saying Tune Failed. Im talking of the bbc channels which should all clear with or without a card, yeah? I get BBC wales clear but Wales HD doesnt. Ive tried swapping over the cables from the lnb to the back of the box to see if that made any difference, but no.

bokkie
27-02-13, 09:32
How have you setup your tuner config?

josh_g
27-02-13, 09:47
may sound like a silly one but don't you need a subscription to get some of the free HD channels as sky encrypt them?? i know you cant get e4 unless you have a valid card

twol
27-02-13, 11:09
Still a very high % of channels saying Tune Failed. Im talking of the bbc channels which should all clear with or without a card, yeah? I get BBC wales clear but Wales HD doesnt. Ive tried swapping over the cables from the lnb to the back of the box to see if that made any difference, but no.
Before you start pulling everything to pieces, try something basic.:)

Clear out the current Bouquets (I am assuming that you initially used something like DreamBoxEditor?),
Reload with latest satellites.xml from http://satellites-xml.org/ (see Quick Support Menu helpful links above) - I would stick it in both Enigma2 and tuxbox (who cares about other satellites? :) )
Manual Scan 28.2E ( - Yes, I know ABM scans!)
Run ABM only with Freesat provider enabled, Sky provider disabled and see what happens when you only select from the Freesat bouquets

All the channels in the Bouquet should be accessible :)

Steviewilson
03-03-13, 12:17
OK Here is my latest findings.

I have 3 feeds in the room, 2 from a fixed dish on 28.2E and 1 from a motorised dish which picks up from 28.2E to 0.8W (big trees outside). I have connected the 2 lines from the fixed Sky dish to my technomate 9100 and I get every channel open I attempt. When I connect them back to the Solo 2, some of the BBC channels open, some dont, some ITV regions open, some dont. I have tried the cable from my motor (which was on 28.2 at the time) and nothing opened. I currently have catseye settings and an uptodate satellites.xml file, created from _http://satellites-xml.org. Installed the latest BH image btw. Pulling my hair out here! I should get every freesat channel surely?

Stanman
03-03-13, 12:44
Make sure the cable into the tuner is sited properly, I had an issue when I was setting up a SOLO2 that could not pick anything up, even though it was screwing on, the cable was not connecting properely and had to screw the F plug on to the cable to get a connection.

Best bet is to use the latest settings and should not have to update the sat.xml as it will be fine for all the channels in the list.

Steviewilson
03-03-13, 15:32
Got it all sorted now, something to do with mgcamd I think. Thanks for all your advice. Much appreciated

Steviewilson
03-03-13, 21:56
Spoke too soon, tampered with womething I shouldnt have and fkd it up, back to square one! Doing my bloody nut in!!!!!