PDA

View Full Version : Streaming issues

enzero
26-02-13, 21:58
Hi,

I seem to be having serious issues with streaming.

Had no worries at all with with the previous tm500s, im using webif and android dreamer on a nexus 7 and a samsung Galaxy II.

Streams stutter badly and are unwatchable really, like i said was perfect with tm500s.

Wondering if might be to do with timeshift?

Im using an external WD HDD. Noticed other users have mentioned this model in recording issues thread although i have no recording issues at all.

Im on a motorised and fixed dish at 28 setup.

Would an in internal HDD help?

Thanks

judge
26-02-13, 22:08
What image, build?
What are your tuner settings?
If you try to stream a channel that's currently being viewed on the box, do you have the same issues?

enzero
26-02-13, 23:02
What image, build?
What are your tuner settings?
If you try to stream a channel that's currently being viewed on the box, do you have the same issues?

I think this is what you are asking for..

Kernel version: 3.5.3
Firmware version: 3.0
Gui version: 2013-01-13

I have tuner a on motorised TM2600 motor
tuner b on fixed sky dish

Seems to stream good until 5 minute timer on timeshift kicks in.

I have the TM2T running through homeplugs

Tried turning timeshift off but still same.

Happens on all all channels regardless.

Think may be conflict between my tenda router and various apple (:confused:) devices the kids use.

Thanks for the reply

judge
26-02-13, 23:12
I think this is what you are asking for..
Kernel version: 3.5.3
Firmware version: 3.0
Gui version: 2013-01-13

Sorry, should have said use Menu -> Information -> About on the remote control to let us know the image & build number.
I seriously doubt it's a timeshift issue, but we would still be guessing going on the above details.
If you enable debug logs, you might spot something in them, if it doesn't show up there, could easily be down to your home network.

enzero
26-02-13, 23:41
Sorry, should have said use Menu -> Information -> About on the remote control to let us know the image & build number.
I seriously doubt it's a timeshift issue, but we would still be guessing going on the above details.
If you enable debug logs, you might spot something in them, if it doesn't show up there, could easily be down to your home network.

No need to apologize, im new to enigma 2 and wow what an impressive bit of kit tm2t is.

Factory Reset router and seems good now. HD has got no chance of stream tho i guess with 9MB/s playback plus recording plus whatever else is going on. But that probably down to my laptop. Counted internet connected devices in the house and there is about 18 !!!! Didn't realise how hard router has to work and just take for granted i guess.

Im curious though as to how recordings (timeshift being the same thing i guess) work, could this affect streaming with the STB having to throw data at the HDD and the stream?

TY

judge
26-02-13, 23:54
Live channels only use timeshift if you hit the pause button or enable PTS.
Streaming will depend on having a tuner that isn't being used or viewing a channel that's currently available.