PDA

View Full Version : New VU+ Solo2 owner

dutmandutton1
26-02-13, 20:52
HI guys, ordered late Sun, received Tue lunchtime, GREAT service.
Slowly finding my way around the VIX image, having no luck with CCcam at min, but think i downloaded wrong version.
Might try Blackhole images next, UI seems slightly sharper, i have no fears in flashing images, been doing so on various phones, consoles, tablets, etc.

Ironically, the thing that got me most excited was being able to stream my HD TV shows downloaded to my NAS box, meaning i can now remove both my sly box and pc from underneath my TV and replace it with a box 20% of the size and who knows how much less electric. Downloaded a plugin straight from VIX and it picked up my NAS within seconds

REALLY happy right now :thumbsup:

Stanman
26-02-13, 21:21
How to install cams here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8704-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-amp-other-softcam-s-on-ALL-ViX-supported-Enigma-2-Receivers

and cams themselves are here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/

dutmandutton1
26-02-13, 21:51
Cheers, off the top of your head, do you know a sly channel that needs a card to work, thought 5* did but seems to work with just softcam working and both with and without card inserted.

Only have a non sub card now, and originally though the card stuck out from the font of the box until i pushed it in a bit harder by accident.

Stanman
26-02-13, 21:53
Those are FTV channel so will work with a sly card, pull the card out and you wont be able to watch them, only FTA.

for the premium channels will need a boxkey

Larry-G
26-02-13, 21:58
Channel 5 is no longer FTV but fully FTA last i checked.

You could try some of the HD equivalents as they tens to be FTV.

dutmandutton1
26-02-13, 22:08
tried 5* because i read that it was FTV, but seemed to work, CH4 HD works.
Think i will have to experiment with my old sly box tomorrow to find out exactly which channelsnned card to make sureit works.

Can you just confirm that i do need both cccam and a card(which i have) to view FTV channels (main reason is want to record ftv channels ala sly+ but freesat+ wont do that)

judge
26-02-13, 22:13
Can you just confirm that i do need both cccam and a card(which i have) to view FTV channels (main reason is want to record ftv channels ala sly+ but freesat+ wont do that)

all channels will record on the Solo2.

dutmandutton1
26-02-13, 22:16
all channels will record on the Solo2.

Cheers, will give it a go again tomorrow

Stanman
26-02-13, 22:17
tried 5* because i read that it was FTV, but seemed to work, CH4 HD works.
Think i will have to experiment with my old sly box tomorrow to find out exactly which channelsnned card to make sureit works.

Full list here

http://www.sky.com/shop/freesat/home/what-can-i-watch/