PDA

View Full Version : Tuner Recommendation help....

dfdream
26-02-13, 08:23
My Bro is in the market for an enigma receiver.

He wants 2 tuners, recording and to be able to use bbc/rte player.

I shortlisted it to the UNO (dual tuner), DUO (I have one) and finally the SOLO2. (Sticking to VU+ devices)

Im advising SOLO2 as you can never have enough power and also it will make it useable for longer when new features get rolled out.

Just wondering where the SOLO2 fits in in the VU lineup.

Is it really next gen solo or is it a replacement for DUO.

The £309 price does really pitch it as a replacement of the SOLO with extra tuner. The DUO was over £100 dearer when it came out.

I know that the solo2 is the fastest device out there but will it be left behind when the DUO2 or ULTIMO2 arrive.

Its a pity they dont release the devices together so customers can see the range together rather than having regrets later....

josh_g
26-02-13, 11:03
My Bro is in the market for an enigma receiver.

He wants 2 tuners, recording and to be able to use bbc/rte player.

I shortlisted it to the UNO (dual tuner), DUO (I have one) and finally the SOLO2. (Sticking to VU+ devices)

Im advising SOLO2 as you can never have enough power and also it will make it useable for longer when new features get rolled out.

Just wondering where the SOLO2 fits in in the VU lineup.

Is it really next gen solo or is it a replacement for DUO.

The £309 price does really pitch it as a replacement of the SOLO with extra tuner. The DUO was over £100 dearer when it came out.

I know that the solo2 is the fastest device out there but will it be left behind when the DUO2 or ULTIMO2 arrive.

Its a pity they dont release the devices together so customers can see the range together rather than having regrets later....

i would say the solo2 its the best receiver out there for the money! the duo although a good box is a bit old now and the replacement is a while away yet..and will no doubt be a lot more than the solo2

dfdream
26-02-13, 12:11
Thanks Josh the reason I ask is that I have a solo and a DUO and like both but there is a big difference in performance (ignoring extra tuner in DUO) between the two.
And even though the SOLO2 is the fastest around will there be a similar gap between it and the DUO2 as there is between the DUO and the original SOLO.

D

i would say the solo2 its the best receiver out there for the money! the duo although a good box is a bit old now and the replacement is a while away yet..and will no doubt be a lot more than the solo2

josh_g
26-02-13, 12:19
Thanks Josh the reason I ask is that I have a solo and a DUO and like both but there is a big difference in performance (ignoring extra tuner in DUO) between the two.
And even though the SOLO2 is the fastest around will there be a similar gap between it and the DUO2 as there is between the DUO and the original SOLO.

D

i would imagine the Duo2 will have a much better spec than the solo2.. maybe worth going on their website and checking the spec, but with a release a fair few months away and a much larger price tag if i was going to upgrade i would always go for the solo2 a it now has the duel tuners!

dfdream
26-02-13, 17:21
Had a quick look.
Think the solo2 is the best option for now anyway...

Ta