PDA

View Full Version : Recording Notices on VU+ (Vix)

dhod
25-02-13, 23:52
Hi all, my first post! exciting!

I'm very new to the vu+ but i've got everything set up and working. So i set a timer today on my new vu+ duo and it all started recording fine, but there was nothing telling me that something was recording. no red light on the lcd, no red dot or colour on the program thats recording.. i'm just wondering if my skin is missing something or whether there isn't anything?

i havent seen what happens if i just press the record button when i'm on a channel yet, to see if that makes a difference?

any advice is much appreciated,
dan

Stanman
26-02-13, 00:18
There should be flashing REC on the infobar and if IIRC red light on the box VFD

dhod
26-02-13, 00:24
thanks for the quick reply.

the info bar is flashing, which helps. i guess id just like to know exactly 'what' is recording more than anything and i'm not quite sure what the last part of your reply means?

and if IIRC red light on the box VFD

Larry-G
26-02-13, 00:48
Translated into english.

And if i recall correctly there should also be a red light visible on the VFD of the receiver to indicate a recording is in progress.

or you could also click the green button to check the timers list to see if any thing is in there set to record.

BobbyC
26-02-13, 12:12
i guess id just like to know exactly 'what' is recording more than anything
if you go into the menu that shows your stored recordings, what ever is currently recording will be shown here with a red icon to indicate a current recording,

garyblas
26-02-13, 13:28
Translated into english.

And if i recall correctly there should also be a red light visible on the VFD of the receiver to indicate a recording is in progress.

or you could also click the green button to check the timers list to see if any thing is in there set to record.

I also have a Vu+ Duo and have raised this issue in the past... I think the VFD is dependant on the skin. I use Magic HD night , sometimes the red light on the VFD works most times it doesnt. Never found out why. I press green button as suggested to find out what recording

dhod
26-02-13, 15:25
Ok good to know,

I think i'm on Vix Night HD at the moment. If it dependant on the skin does that mean there is something in the config file telling it to record?
The ideal scenario would just be for the program that is recording to have a dot or be the colour red in the epg itself.

But i guess hitting the green button will work as well.

I installed the recordinfobar plugin but not really sure what that does? Maybe its something that comes up when something has started to record?

Thanks for your help though
Dan

skronk
26-02-13, 20:19
Worth pointing out that the red light on front display is numbingly dull, the blue record indicator on my 800se is unmissable. Something for the next duo?