PDA

View Full Version : Cross epg problem

Logicearl
25-02-13, 13:32
This morning out of the blue, the cross epg decided to do an update, but froze towards the end. So I rebooted the vu, whereupon I got this error message.

LogManager
Error: [FailureInstance: TraceBack:<type 'exceptions IOError'>
[Errno 28] No space left on device
/usr/lib/python 2.7/threading.py:525:_bootstrap
/usr/lib/python 2.7/threading.py:552:_bootstrap_inner
/usr/lib/python 2.7/threading: py:505: run

---<exception caught here>---
/usr/lib/python 2.7/Site-
Packages/twisted/python/threadpool.py:207:_worker
Packages/twisted/python/content. py:188:callerwithcontext
Packages/twisted/python/context. py:81:CallWithContext
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/screens/logManager: py:89:JobStart]

I'm assuming its to do with Cross EPG, but what does it mean.
I tried to look at the logs, but on trying to open the latest, the Vu froze again, so I switched it off from the back and restarted it. Again I got the above message.

I looked at the Info page and gathered this, if its of use.

Kernel 3:1:1
Drivers 2012-08-24
Version 3.0
Build 376
Last Update 2012-10-17

Memory
Flash:
Total 102.1M
Free 4.0k

I get the impression that the Cross EPG data has filled up the flash memory, or am I a million miles from what the issue is?
I might also add that when I go to update the Cross EPG, it does its thing, but the channels info dosn't reflect that.

TIA

Sicilian
25-02-13, 14:00
You should update to the latest build 600 @ www.openvix.co.uk, build 376 is very old.

chucknorris666
25-02-13, 14:49
Also it's best to save epg to a USB or hdd never the flash

IAmATeaf
25-02-13, 20:53
You have run out of space. As said above, ideally you want to put the crossepg download onto usb or hdd. Have a look in /etc/enigma2 and see if there is a folder in there called crossepg and report back on contents.

Logicearl
26-02-13, 09:42
Yes there is a crossepg folder in /etc/enigma2. It contains:
crossepg.aliases.db - 0
crossepg.descripters.db - 22,522,444
crossepg.headers.db - 4,624,684
crossepg.indexes.db - 2,138,112
crossepg.log - 95,089

I'm certain though that I had set it up so that it was saved to either usb or hdd, hmmm

Edit:
I have just had to restart it due to another error screen, and it gets to the Vu Duo screen, then turns off, with just the red light showing.
So now I'm stuck, with no ability to FTP it. Would seem I will need to reflash it then?

Logicearl
26-02-13, 13:28
Ok, so I tried to update to 600, but it wouldn't do anything, so I disconnected the internal sata hdd and hey presto, I managed to flash to rev 600.
I changed the default setting in the epg settings menu, from flash to /media/hdd. For some reason, I don't have any other options. I would have thought there would have been /media/usb, but there isn't.
So everything is now back to normal. But I just wonder if the epg downloads are indeed going to go to the usb drive rather than the flash memory.