PDA

View Full Version : Motorised dish question

chucknorris666
25-02-13, 13:30
Hello I was wondering if anyone can advise me about a motorised dish, currently have a fixed sky mini dish and I'm thinking of getting a motorised dish soon what size would you guys recommend? Also was thinking of taking the sky mini dish down and simply replacing it with a bigger motorised dish to keep the wife happy, or do you guys recommend keeping the sky dish and just fit the motorised one next to it?

josh_g
25-02-13, 13:53
depending on what satellites you want to pick up will depend on the size. IMO i would keep the mini-dish for sky channels and run a separate cable for the motorized dish. if you have a twin tuner box keep the sky on feed one (as thats the one you watch the most i would assume) and then the motor on feed 2

chucknorris666
25-02-13, 14:35
Yea I watch sky 95% of the time, only thinking of a motorised set up just to see what the other satellites have to offer. Probably only use the other sats for movies and maybe the odd footy match

chucknorris666
25-02-13, 14:38
I have the solo2 in the main room and a ferguson in the bedroom. I personally wouldn't mind having two dishes up but I know the wife won't be happy... And seen as we watch sky most of the time. Would I get away with just the one dish?

Stanman
25-02-13, 14:42
I have both a Sly dish and a 1M motor and do use it quite a bit, lots of free movies on 7W albit not HD but very latest release/

josh_g
25-02-13, 16:22
I have both a Sly dish and a 1M motor and do use it quite a bit, lots of free movies on 7W albit not HD but very latest release/

i asked a question about what other satellites are available in the UK and worth watching, but got accused of CS :sofahide:

is it worth getting a motor setup for the other saterlites and what sorts of channels can you get for free?

chucknorris666
25-02-13, 17:09
7w? Can you get this in the uk? Sounds good free movies, I pay a sub to sly for the movies but I have seen just about every one they seem to repeat the same movies over and over again this is why I'm looking into what the other satellites have to offer

josh_g
25-02-13, 17:16
7w? Can you get this in the uk? Sounds good free movies, I pay a sub to sly for the movies but I have seen just about every one they seem to repeat the same movies over and over again this is why I'm looking into what the other satellites have to offer

agreed... i new movie from sky every week is just not good enough especially when they are usually c**p

Stanman
25-02-13, 22:07

Yes but not every single TP,

chucknorris666
25-02-13, 22:40
Thanks mate, will be looking for a new dish next pay check.. I might just take the sly mini dish down and replace with a 1m motorised dish will save me from running extra wires in the house. I will be watching 28.2E most of the time but will be nice to scan other sats too.

drx360
26-02-13, 00:34
i run both chuck , i think you better of keeping your mini up, can always buy a cheap second box so the "mrs" can watch sky while you sneak of and watch the footy :) works for me !

dwarf
26-02-13, 10:34
I have both a motorised dish and sky mini dish.

I personally would keep both if I was you. If your watching a film for example on 7w then the missus wants to watch something on bbc1 she would need to wait on the dish spinning back round to 28.2e (not a massive amount of time but enough to annoy a women) where as if you keep the mini dish the change would be instant.

Also if you have a multituner box or upgrade to one you could record something to 28.2e and watch something else on another sat.

I would just think about future proofing as what you need now might change in the next few months as you get in to it more.:thumbsup:

josh_g
26-02-13, 10:58

I personally would keep both if I was you. If your watching a film for example on 7w then the missus wants to watch something on bbc1 she would need to wait on the dish spinning back round to 28.2e (not a massive amount of time but enough to annoy a women) where as if you keep the mini dish the change would be instant.

Also if you have a multituner box or upgrade to one you could record something to 28.2e and watch something else on another sat.

I would just think about future proofing as what you need now might change in the next few months as you get in to it more.:thumbsup:

even tho i dont have this set up myself i would have to agree! i am going to be getting a second dish to have a play and see what i can find :D

chucknorris666
26-02-13, 13:57

Hmmm interesting might keep the mini dish now just means ill have to talk the misses into letting me put a extra dish up on the house, suppose I could put it up on the back wall out the way. Thanks for all the help yous have made my mind up now :)