PDA

View Full Version : problem moving dish

fesoj
28-09-10, 19:15
hi all

had the duo for a week now and after a few niggles i managed to set it up the way i love it - unfortunately (matter of speaking!) had to install the VTi as the VIX which i tried first crashed quite a lot and had the default screen or skin running out of TV - now i'm a bit weary installing the new 1.1 image, especially with the box working almost fine.

i have one small or big problem. i have 2 receivers next to each other, DM500HD and the duo but i have one sat cable (till now) for both, so i plug the cable to the receiver i'm using. now the dm turn the dish without problems but when i plug it into the duo the dish or motor does not budge and i have the same settings for both.

can anyone help please??

stuattravs
28-09-10, 19:20
hi all

had the duo for a week now and after a few niggles i managed to set it up the way i love it - unfortunately (matter of speaking!) had to install the VTi as the VIX which i tried first crashed quite a lot and had the default screen or skin running out of TV - now i'm a bit weary installing the new 1.1 image, especially with the box working almost fine.

i have one small or big problem. i have 2 receivers next to each other, DM500HD and the duo but i have one sat cable (till now) for both, so i plug the cable to the receiver i'm using. now the dm turn the dish without problems but when i plug it into the duo the dish or motor does not budge and i have the same settings for both.

can anyone help please??

try resetting the motor then goto zero in vu+duo settings

fesoj
28-09-10, 20:39
@stuattravs

thanks for your reply but what exactly do u mean resetting the motor??

stuattravs
28-09-10, 21:48
@stuattravs

thanks for your reply but what exactly do u mean resetting the motor??

On some motors they actually have a reset button on the motor

fesoj
30-09-10, 10:24
thanks again m8

i managed to make it work by removing the second tuner's equal to to not configured setup

Tuner A setup as simple/positioner as explained in sticky post

bye

laserquest
30-09-10, 13:02
Hello - I too am having problems with my motor. I got my duo on tuesday, got it working fine using VIX image and got cccam working. Now the motor is refusing to move. Tried goto 0, tried flashing the official image 5.3. Have checked the plug connection in case there's a short in the coax. Nothing. HELP!!

Sicilian
30-09-10, 21:56
Hello - I too am having problems with my motor. I got my duo on tuesday, got it working fine using VIX image and got cccam working. Now the motor is refusing to move. Tried goto 0, tried flashing the official image 5.3. Have checked the plug connection in case there's a short in the coax. Nothing. HELP!!

Have you checked your Tuner settings?
Did you ftp any settings/bouqets? Or install any from the feed?

laserquest
01-10-10, 00:15
Have you checked your Tuner settings?
Did you ftp any settings/bouqets? Or install any from the feed?

I downloaded the catseye channel list via the box and (I'm using vix 1.1), but haven't manually added any channels. I've also reconnected my old dreambox to see if it was the motor but that works fine with the dreambox. I tried reflashing with the original vubox 5.3 image. The tuner and positioner settings are all correct, and I've tried using goto 0. Funnily enough I got it working for about 10 mins tonight having toggled between simple/advanced/ etc but it has since gone again. Could there be a corrupt bit of coding somewhere?
I'm totally confused as to how to fix it. Any help would be very gratefully received.

Hakon
01-10-10, 17:53
Do a factory reset, don't download any channell list.Start from beginning with the setup for motor,if you use USAL beware of correct settings of your lat and long. When you are done try to find a satellite and do a scan.

laserquest
01-10-10, 23:44
Thanks I will try that. I have tried using goto 0 before using channel lists but nothing seems to happen - the dish just seems dead. As I say, I wondered if my motor had died so reconnected the dreambox, and that seems to power the motor just fine. Is there some coding to do with controlling the dish that might have corrupted during and image flash perhaps?
So far I have tried:
VIX 1.1
VTI
VU Duo 5.3. It is currently flashed back to VIX1.1. I've also tried all available channel lists. My long/lat settings are fine.
I thought I might have trouble with the cccam with this new box, but that has been remarkably straightforward and reliable. But I just don't get why it now won't move the dish, when it did just fine the other night when I first got the box.
The irony is I ordered this box precisely because I was fed up with the glitchy nature of the DM500s and wanted something more stable. Help gratefully received!

Hakon
02-10-10, 14:00
I have for my self a motorsetup with Vu+ Duo, Clarke Tech HH390 DiSEqC rotor, 120cm dish.
All works pefect 30w-75e with USALS and OpenPLi as image, have tested other image to and they works great.
Do not download any channelist, make your own or at least in first step try to find satellites before you download chan,list.
Are you shure that you configure the correct Tuner where the rotor is connected. A or B ?

hifial
07-10-10, 20:52
Make sure you set the tuner config mode to advanced to get the extra menu and select increased voltage to yes. This is what i needed to do to get the motor to move!

laserquest
13-10-10, 23:01
Ok, I sent the box back to the company I bought it from. They found no fault. Have set it up again here. It was all working fine, until I started to select satellites beyond 42e. Now the dish will not move again and I am back to square one. I've tried to find out which bird it has frozen onto, but whichever one I select I cannot get a channel. The dreambox will move the dish no problem. The motor is a moteck 2100a, about 5 years old. Last winter it froze up for a while. I'm now beginning to wonder whether it might be the motor that's at fault. But as I say, the dreambox moves it no problem at all.

All advice gratefully received.

SLOTH
13-10-10, 23:37
mate ...have a look at this thread .. i had similar problems when i got mine ...
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1227-struggling-with-motor-set-up-!!&p=7913&highlight=#post7913
i did however end up buying a new motor which did sort things out straight away
Sloth

laserquest
13-10-10, 23:43
Thanks sloth - that's an interesting thread full of food for thought.
Come to think of it, my motor, the Moteck 2100A was used on Disecq 1.2 on my Dreambox DM500s. Could it be that the motor got damaged trying to move when it became seized up in the winter, and that while it works on Disecq, it is somehow damaged for use on USALS?

Also, if as I suspect I have to buy a new motor, can someone tell me where to hire a platform to get at my dish please, as it's too high to reach without one? Or, is there a cherry picker type thing that will fit through a standard garden gate?!
Many thanks

grtmoby
14-10-10, 00:04
mate ...have a look at this thread .. i had similar problems when i got mine ...
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1227-struggling-with-motor-set-up-!!&p=7913&highlight=#post7913
i did however end up buying a new motor which did sort things out straight away
Sloth

i remember this helped a lot setting my vbox, go for it laserquest

Sicilian
14-10-10, 10:30
Thanks sloth - that's an interesting thread full of food for thought.
Come to think of it, my motor, the Moteck 2100A was used on Disecq 1.2 on my Dreambox DM500s. Could it be that the motor got damaged trying to move when it became seized up in the winter, and that while it works on Disecq, it is somehow damaged for use on USALS?

Also, if as I suspect I have to buy a new motor, can someone tell me where to hire a platform to get at my dish please, as it's too high to reach without one? Or, is there a cherry picker type thing that will fit through a standard garden gate?!
Many thanks

Pretty sure some hire centres have some small rising platforms that can be hired. Word of advice though, if you never aligned a Motor dish yourself before I would look to get a professional in to change your motor and re-align.

If you are going to replace go for a TM2600 or Motec SG2500.

laserquest
14-10-10, 10:58
Many thanks. Yes i've aligned motorised setups before, although I installed this one about 4 years ago so hope I can still remember lol

SLOTH
14-10-10, 11:05
Mate
i,m sure if there are some forum members close by they will be more than willing to help
Sloth

laserquest
16-10-10, 12:06
Right. Now my dreambox isn't moving the motor either which is kind of a relief because it means the motor was the problem. I have ordered a TM2600 motor to replace it. As I said, I could do it myself quite easily but that requires hiring a platform - or, depending on costs, could get an installer. Could people give me an idea of what I might expect to pay an installer for basically going up to guttering level and swapping the motor? I'm in the Birmingham area if that helps.

jetman
16-10-10, 12:39
hi all had simler problem i took motor off, took apart checked it out, cleaned it, spray it with a light oil ok now motor 5years old superjack 36v 24inch reed switch

Hakon
17-10-10, 07:58
If you are going to replace go for a TM2600 or Motec SG2500.

Have you tested the Clarke-Tech HH390 ? I have one for myself and have also tried the Jaeger SG2500 (same as the TM2600 and Moteck SG2500) but the SG 2500 is crap,so i put up my CT again.
The the bracket for the TM/Moteck motor is in poor quality, material is to thin.I know more people who has replaced there TM/Moteck motors to CT and are very pleased with the CT.And yes the CT has also metalgear .