PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] VIX crashing and restore not working

rjwill10
25-02-13, 02:33
Hi

I've just managed to get VIX 3.0 working and all was going great (much better image to black hole) until I tried to download a plug in, namely the HDMI CEC plug in as I was having issues with the built in CEC. After download I restarted my box and it got to the planets screen, then the vix load logo was spinning, spinning, spinning and spinning, then it stopped and nothing. Restarting the box does nothing, it seems like it's trying to load then just stops. I had this issue earlier too when trying to instal TP Panel, but put that down to TP panel itself.

After deciding to reflash, I then used the back up that I wisely made just as everything was set up. When I re-flashed i the went through the restore wizard and the box restarted again and went through the same process of the spinning load logo then nothing. I tried the process again and this time chose not to restore the E2 plugins thinking that E2 was the issue, and again the box just crashes on the planet screen. Any ideas on whats going on?

The VIX version i'm using is 3.0 build 204 with kernal 3.1.1.

Thank in advance.

Larry-G
25-02-13, 05:32
That build is about 6 months old and very out of date, try a newer build such as build 600 instead.

rjwill10
25-02-13, 12:36
Ahh ok, I downloaded that build from here yesterday, I assumed it was the latest version. I'll keep you posted. Thank you

Larry-G
25-02-13, 12:44
you can always get the very latest Builds from our own download center here

www.opwnvix.co.uk

IAmATeaf
25-02-13, 21:01
you can always get the very latest Builds from our own download center here

www.opwnvix.co.uk

www.openvix.co.uk :)

Larry-G
26-02-13, 02:29
www.openvix.co.uk :)

Lol thanks. I didnt even notice that typo.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

rjwill10
26-02-13, 14:14
Well the 600 build seems to be working fine appart from a few issues with my HDMI CEC (doesn't work properly with my panasonic), the only thing I'm gutted about is that you can't now push a button to access the channel lists from within the "EPG" button menu :(! You have to either select for the channel lists to appear when the EPG button is selected, or use the left/right arrow buttons next to the 0. Might suggest this as an enhancement for the next build. In the meantime I might try a slightly older build to get the channel list selection menu back when pressing the EPG button.