PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno] VU UNO latest bootloaders/drivers?

PAUL7331
23-02-13, 22:16
I've flashed my mates UNO with vix image but it's crashed three times and forces me to flash image again! I read that it might require the latest bootloaders and latest image? I can find the image but not the bootloaders. Any idea where I can download from? On openvix downloads I can only see bootloaders for the duo and solo, not for the uno.

Oh and tuner B doesn't work neither on his uno! Maybe this is down to the bootloaders being out of date too??

Larry-G
23-02-13, 22:20
There is no bootloader update for the Uno so you dont need to mess about with that. as for the crashes we would need vastly more info and better still any crash / debug logs from these incidents.

also exactly which image ??.

Tkr001
23-02-13, 22:26
Have you done the FPGA upgrade?

PAUL7331
24-02-13, 17:40
It was vix 3.4 off the top of my head! (First one in the download section thread) Although the crashes did happen when we unplugged the sky cable and re-insert to test the other tuner. Maybe that had something to do with it?
What's the FPGA upgrade?

Larry-G
24-02-13, 17:44
you should never unhook the LNB feeds while the system is live as you can short the receiver / LNB out and cause physical damage to either or both.

The FPGA is a Firmware update for the chip that controlls the tuner card(s) on the Vu receivers with removable modular tuners like the Uno and Ultimo.

PAUL7331
26-02-13, 17:19
you should never unhook the LNB feeds while the system is live as you can short the receiver / LNB out and cause physical damage to either or both.

The FPGA is a Firmware update for the chip that controlls the tuner card(s) on the Vu receivers with removable modular tuners like the Uno and Ultimo.

Thanks mate. So you reckon I'll need to do the FPGA fw upgrade for tuner B to work then?

Larry-G
26-02-13, 17:23
Thanks mate. So you reckon I'll need to do the FPGA fw upgrade for tuner B to work then?

It wont hurt to try it, the FPGA upgrade is a nessecary update. Give it a go and let us know.

Be careful though as the FPGA is like a bootloader update in that its similar to a pc's bios update.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

PAUL7331
26-02-13, 18:26
It wont hurt to try it, the FPGA upgrade is a nessecary update. Give it a go and let us know.

Be careful though as the FPGA is like a bootloader update in that its similar to a pc's bios update.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Where do I download the update from mate? Do I install like I'm flashing an image on it?

Larry-G
26-02-13, 18:28
Go into the plugins section of your image and you should see a heading for Firmware update or FPGA upgrade, just follow that.