PDA

View Full Version : image prob

darlo
23-02-13, 21:50
Is anyone having any probs with the latest vix solo image crashing?

warajoker
23-02-13, 21:56
please give more info. what are you doing before it crashes?

judge
23-02-13, 22:01
also, crashes = crash logs, please upload them.

Larry-G
23-02-13, 22:08
we need vastly more info than that to be able to help you, such as exactly what image build ?, what if any plugins do you have installed ?, when are these crashes taking place ? and most importantly where are the crash / debug logs that correspond to these incidents.

p.s i'm a monkey hanger but i wont hold that against you LMAO.

darlo
23-02-13, 23:04
lmfao sorry cant axcept help from a pooly , haha didnt hav time to up the crash logs and info , wil do so tomorrow thx for the replys

darlo
24-02-13, 12:13
Ok takin this 1 step at a time as have spent all day yesterday on it with crash after crash after crash < il give a bit of history first . Have been on an older vix image for between 6 months to a year , then all of a sudden solo box kept freezin when goin from a fta channel to a non fta channel , never installed any plugins over this period either. So got image version 3.0 build 204 installed it via normal method front usb port with no usb stick in back,( usb stick foratted to fat32 with formatting tool) ,then installed picons direct to internal memory of which after instalation of picons still had about 50meg of 100meg left so plenty left there, then installed mgcamd 1.35a , after which box crashed and wouldnt do anything even after rebooting numerous times . So had no option but to flash again and did exactly same again , so dicided to try another version of mgcamd got version 1.38 and same happened again and again , So now taking things 1 step at a time . Put just the image on box last night and left it running , got up this morning and rebooted box every so often and no freezing so image stable, will now install mgcamd 1.35a again now and if all ok leave running for an hour or so with rebooting the box a couple of times

Larry-G
24-02-13, 12:19
First i would not load ViX 3.0-204 as this is a very old image now, you would be best served by loading a newer more upto date image such as ViX 3.0-600 to take advantage of all the subsequent bug fixes and updates which have been released since Build 204 went live some 6 plus months ago.

darlo
24-02-13, 14:33
Okey dokey updated image to ViX 3.0-600 as you suggested , installed mgcamd 1.35a and up to now everything working fine will leave it an hour with the odd reboot in there and if all is well add a bit more many thx

darlo
24-02-13, 16:47
Solo running sweet as a nut on vix 3.0-600 , the last thing i am going to do is use a flash stick in the rear usb for crossepg , thx again for suggesting the 600 image

Larry-G
24-02-13, 17:36
no worries, thats what we are here for.

darlo
24-02-13, 18:18
Epg all up n running , system seems to be much more responsive now , many many thx again to pheonix for suggesting the new image , i dont normally ask for help as a bit stubborn to try and get thing up and running myself but glad i came on and asked as i prob would of been on with this for the next week until i got it sorted, not that you will ever need it pheonix but if there is anything i can do ever do for you in the future just give me a shout as you are only a stone throw away.

ps. I dont hold it against you for being a monkey hanger hehe

alibx11
25-02-13, 20:50
I too had trouble with the latest image, (3.0.600) and no additional plugins installed, would be sitting watching a program and the VIX logo would appear and start to turn and within seconds the whole box would freeze. Only solution was to unplug from mains and reboot box.

Have now gone back to image 3.0.390 as that's the only really stable image I've found so far. Why?I have no idea... but doesn't bother me using an older image.

All I have is a sandisk usb stick in rear to save epg info onto and a few programs if I need to.

Larry-G
26-02-13, 17:31
I too had trouble with the latest image, (3.0.600) and no additional plugins installed, would be sitting watching a program and the VIX logo would appear and start to turn and within seconds the whole box would freeze. Only solution was to unplug from mains and reboot box.

Have now gone back to image 3.0.390 as that's the only really stable image I've found so far. Why?I have no idea... but doesn't bother me using an older image.

All I have is a sandisk usb stick in rear to save epg info onto and a few programs if I need to.

In such situations we would ideally need you to provide us with debug logs that correspond with the incidents in question. Otherwise there would be no way that we could possibly offer accurate help.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2