PDA

View Full Version : who is watching live feeds? and how are you doing?

praun
22-02-13, 21:44
i just bought myself a sat motor. and i want to use it to watch live sat feeds.

I have searched a lot on the web and have found some info on the subject, but i am missing the essentials on this. I think i have the hardware setup under control. So that shouldn't be the problem here.

I can find frequencies/info on live feeds. But how do i turn these freq. into channels i can watch?

Do you folks have edited satellites.xml files that you use to scan for feeds, because as i understand it the duo does not support blindscan. So it must be done in some other way, that i not quite understand.

Also other general info on this, would be helpful...

If some of you kind people here, could educate me a little on this subject or guide me to places where i can educate my self:D that would be great.

Thanks!

shizik
22-02-13, 22:45
if you already know frequencies/info for live feed then point your dish to that satellite and enter frequencies/info in to menu > setup > service searching > manual search , after you enter frequencies/info click OK and wait for scan . when scan is finished you can find feed in - last scanned folder in favorites bouquets

for example : 15 w ( telstar 12 ) is MSNBC feed with frequencies/info - 11.532
- inversion - auto
- symbol rate - 03200
- horizontal
- FEC - 7/8
name of the feed is - DAD 5

i hope that will help you

satmanbasil
22-02-13, 23:41
Hi mate

You can programe in your setup the transponders etc for sat feeds but bear in mind they dont always broadcast on them and also some maybe encrypted so you wont see them always been a bit hit and miss but fun when you do come across some.
There are a few forums on the net that report outside broadcast uplinks like when a good news story hits the news headlines like in south africa right now

praun
23-02-13, 00:44
thank you for your answers!

if you already know frequencies/info for live feed then point your dish to that satellite and enter frequencies/info in to menu > setup > service searching > manual search , after you enter frequencies/info click OK and wait for scan . when scan is finished you can find feed in - last scanned folder in favorites bouquets

for example : 15 w ( telstar 12 ) is MSNBC feed with frequencies/info - 11.532
- inversion - auto
- symbol rate - 03200
- horizontal
- FEC - 7/8
name of the feed is - DAD 5

i hope that will help you

Is it possible to add these feed channels in DreamboxEdit, or is it required to search for them? (excuse me if this is a stupid question) and is there somewere a updated list of the most commonly used transponders for live feeds?

Hi mate

You can programe in your setup the transponders etc for sat feeds but bear in mind they dont always broadcast on them and also some maybe encrypted so you wont see them always been a bit hit and miss but fun when you do come across some.
There are a few forums on the net that report outside broadcast uplinks like when a good news story hits the news headlines like in south africa right now

Can you recommend any forums? (not sure if you are allowed to do so, otherwise please excuse me) or any good search terms that could point me in the direction of such?

Thank you again for your answers!

shizik
23-02-13, 03:43
Is it possible to add these feed channels in DreamboxEdit, or is it required to search for them? (excuse me if this is a stupid question) and is there somewere a updated list of the most commonly used transponders for live feeds?

no , i don't think its possible to add these feed channels in dreamboxedit by simple writing frequencies .
i bet there is some list for updated transponders for live feeds .... on google ;)