PDA

View Full Version : Spinning Vix on reboot

TomD
22-02-13, 21:28
Hi

New problem -

If Vix crashes (noticed it's normally an epg issue which makes it crash), when it reboots it gets to the blue planet screen then the spinning Vix gets in a cycle and gets stuck. The only way I can get out of this is to do a total re-flash with or without back-up its the same problem.

I've never had this before, even if I switch off at the back (or pull the plug) makes no difference. I've not seen this reported on the internet so am thinking is it hardware or software?

My set-up is I always use a stick for picons and epg, with a HDD for timeshift and movies. I think tomorrow I will try Blackhole as a test to see if the same thing happens.

Is this just me lucky me or have other members come across this?

Thanks
Tom

judge
22-02-13, 22:00
What build & what are your EPG sources?
And, have you tried saving the EPG to HDD?

TomD
22-02-13, 23:25
I have down graded to an earlier version of 3.0 and turned off the unstable download version option. I prefer XMLTV as an epg download service.

judge
22-02-13, 23:27
I have down graded to an earlier version of 3.0 and turned off the unstable download version option. I prefer XMLTV as an epg download service.

Sorry, but that doesn't answer any of my questions or even state if it's working ok now?
There's only so much anyone can do to help you with such limited information.

satmanbasil
22-02-13, 23:36
Hi mate

Post a crash log it cud be something in your setup thats the cause like a plugin

regards

TomD
23-02-13, 11:35
Sorted - I think the bootloader had become corrupted somehow. I reflashed the bootloader then 3.06 and all ok now.