PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] OE-Alliance OnDemand Plugin ( BETA - WORK IN PROGRESS )

Pages : [1] 2

Larry-G
21-02-13, 17:11
OE-Alliance OnDemand player

Here is a sneak preview of the work done so far, please bear in mind that this is still WIP ( work in progress ) and it is far from finished, but it should give you a idea of where things are going with the project.

you can keep up with developments via the GIT here

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/tree/master/OnDemand

extract the following archive and FTP the OnDemand folder to

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/

then issue the following command via a telnet session.

init 4 && opkg install python-lxml python-beautifulsoup python-dnspython python-simplejson && init 3

This plugin will only work with the ViX image at present, by all means please provide feedback but do not ask for support as this is still a work in progress and constantly undergoing work, source credits and other information will be updated in due course.

s1m0nw
21-02-13, 19:28
Have attempted to install this plugin following the guide above -

init 4 && opkg install python-lxml python-beautifulsoup python-dnspython && init 3 << after I press enter the screen freezes and does nothing I left it for about 20 mins still frozen so I manually restarted vu+ duo by switching off at back of box and then back on.

Goto plugin menu and I get "Some plugins are not avalible: Extensions/OnDemand (no module name lxml)"

Any suggestions?

roy0110
21-02-13, 19:35
i followed the above instructions and it is working fine.
i would suggest providing more info, box type, image, build etc to receive informed help.
good luck.

Larry-G
21-02-13, 20:10
Have attempted to install this plugin following the guide above -

init 4 && opkg install python-lxml python-beautifulsoup python-dnspython && init 3 << after I press enter the screen freezes and does nothing I left it for about 20 mins still frozen so I manually restarted vu+ duo by switching off at back of box and then back on.

Goto plugin menu and I get "Some plugins are not avalible: Extensions/OnDemand (no module name lxml)"

Any suggestions?

Try the telnet command again and see what if any errors it gives. Also what image as this is only for ViX.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

s1m0nw
21-02-13, 20:16
Thanks for feedback

I am on Vix build 600.

I will try again and report back with any errors

-------------------
edit

I stand corrected I copied and pasted it this time and it worked!!

I mustve typed in something wrong

warajoker
21-02-13, 21:26
This is bloody brilliant mate. I wanted something as close to the real bbc iplayer as I could get. and I think I have found it. I love how there are picture icons aswell. its looking fantastic but I cant seem get audio working on bbc iplayer but I understand that it is not completed.

ronand
21-02-13, 22:17
Restart your receiver and the sound should work. Working great and the iPlayer is working in Ireland too. Great work team!

Larry-G
21-02-13, 22:20
This is bloody brilliant mate. I wanted something as close to the real bbc iplayer as I could get. and I think I have found it. I love how there are picture icons aswell. its looking fantastic but I cant seem get audio working on bbc iplayer but I understand that it is not completed.

Audio works fine here for me, ive watched a few films on the BBC iplayer side this last few days.

warajoker
21-02-13, 22:21
Thank you very much
Restart your receiver and the sound should work. Working great and the iPlayer is working in Ireland too. Great work team!

warajoker
21-02-13, 22:21
Audio works fine here for me, ive watched a few films on the BBC iplayer side this last few days.

restarting my stb did the job

sat gr
21-02-13, 22:37
thanks my friend :thumbsup:

nymins
21-02-13, 23:14
I'm getting "No module named dns.resolver"

Running Solo with latest 600 build.

garryboy
21-02-13, 23:19
Brilliant work guys.

Running a treat on my duo on 3.0 build 600

Only issue I have at moment is no sound on streaming media. Il start another thread for same

Larry-G
21-02-13, 23:19
I'm getting "No module named dns.resolver"

Running Solo with latest 600 build.

run the telnet command again so that it installs the required dependencies.

shizik
21-02-13, 23:22
i gues this plugin is IP locked ? ( UK only )

roy0110
21-02-13, 23:22
Brilliant work guys.

Running a treat on my duo on 3.0 build 600

Only issue I have at moment is no sound on streaming media. Il start another thread for same

lack of sound problem has been dealt with in this thread (1 page back)

Larry-G
21-02-13, 23:24

Try it and find out.

p.s you may be surprised when trying the BBC iplayer / ITV player.

nymins
21-02-13, 23:24
run the telnet command again so that it installs the required dependencies.

Doh, my fault. Cheers that got it working, didn't work first time for some reason!

judge
21-02-13, 23:25

No, UK players (ITV & BBC) work outside the UK.
Irish players (RTE & TV3) are still geo limited as far as I know.

shizik
21-02-13, 23:32
Try it and find out.

p.s you may be surprised when trying the BBC iplayer / ITV player.

you guys are the best ! period

sgate
21-02-13, 23:53
all that is needed is 4od and 5ondemand
great work thanks:cool:

nymins
22-02-13, 00:09
What's the difference between the bit rate names? Limelight and the other one.

Tkr001
22-02-13, 00:11
No, UK players (ITV & BBC) work outside the UK.

Of course they do. Thats what VPNs are for :D

Larry-G
22-02-13, 00:12

VPN's are not needed for use with this ( well as far as the bbc and itv sections are concearned ), the code is built rite in.

judge
22-02-13, 00:24
What's the difference between the bit rate names? Limelight and the other one.
Quality of streams, a default setting will probably be added in the future so you no longer have this extra screen, but as pheonix said, this plugin is still work in progress.

No need for VPNs on both current UK players now, should work worldwide now.

givecredit
22-02-13, 01:09
Super Plugin. Well done team. Thanks for all your efforts so far.

Just want to report one bug I have found.:

The "Straight off the Telly" programs on 3 Player do not play.

Larry-G
22-02-13, 01:28
Super Plugin. Well done team. Thanks for all your efforts so far.

Just want to report one bug I have found.:

The "Straight off the Telly" programs on 3 Player do not play.

The irish players, ( RTE and 3player) are still geo locked, the uk ones are not.

danivtec
22-02-13, 10:06
How long does the ITV player take to load, left it for a good 10 minutes but no list was loading?

on Vix Build 600 Vu+ Ultimo

Larry-G
22-02-13, 10:13
should only take maybe 30 seconds.

shizik
22-02-13, 10:23
any chance for original subtitles to be implemented in stream ?
btw. RTE and 3player are also working for me , so at least at the moment they are not geo locked

satcat
22-02-13, 12:16
ok,, loaded this and all seemed fine, except i have nothing extra in extensions?
running:
solo2
version 3
build:600
kernel3.3.6
drivers:2013/1/25 cheers satcat

ronand
22-02-13, 12:23
If you installed it correctly press the blue button and you should see it. Its also in plugins

satcat
22-02-13, 12:43
ok,, thanks to all for looking in,, i found the problem: when i extracted the folder it shows "on demand" ..but within that folder is another folder called "on demand" ,, thats the one i need to use.. tried that an all is well,, cheers satcat

givecredit
22-02-13, 15:49
The irish players, ( RTE and 3player) are still geo locked, the uk ones are not.

I am aware 3 player is geo locked. I am in Ireland. What I am saying is that the section in 3 player called "Just off the telly" does not work. All other section in 3 player work fine.

Larry-G
22-02-13, 15:54
as pointed out this is still BETA status software and therefore bugs are expected.

Alanp
22-02-13, 16:09
Looks like a great plugin will give this a try, Does it support the HD feeds now or in the future Thanks for the great work you are doing

Larry-G
22-02-13, 16:12
Looks like a great plugin will give this a try, Does it support the HD feeds now or in the future Thanks for the great work you are doing

With the BBC iplayer you now get a option of several different bitrates.

satmanbasil
22-02-13, 16:37
hi

installed last night on my solo must say its starting to look good well done!!

regards

thecaretaker
22-02-13, 17:02
Yes, well done and thank you for your hard work. It's looks and works really well.

Only thing I notice compared to the BBC iplayer on smartTV is the picture looks zoomed. I get more picture around the BBC logo. It's like the option you get on TV's to overscan on a CRT TV. But I can live with that. I'm enjoying the plugin very much.

mcquaim
22-02-13, 19:19
I am aware 3 player is geo locked. I am in Ireland. What I am saying is that the section in 3 player called "Just off the telly" does not work. All other section in 3 player work fine.

I added a fix to threeplayer.py to get the "Straight Off the Telly" to play now, get a copy from the GIT as instructed in the first post.

cosie
22-02-13, 20:34
This is awesome fkin epic plugin,great job guys:)

gaz31
22-02-13, 22:15
Working great on my TM-Single.
Thanks guys.

givecredit
23-02-13, 00:07
I added a fix to threeplayer.py to get the "Straight Off the Telly" to play now, get a copy from the GIT as instructed in the first post.

Thanks for providing the fix. Can some please explain how i download the changed threeplayer.py from GIT

judge
23-02-13, 00:11
Thanks for providing the fix. Can some please explain how i download the changed threeplayer.py from GIT

https://raw.github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/master/OnDemand/src/threeplayer.py

polosolo
23-02-13, 01:39
Thank you Guy`s for a FANTASTIC!!! addition to The VIX image base......Really Great work. :thumbsup:

Best Regards.

polosolo

rte
23-02-13, 10:02
Thank you! This works but no sound. How do I get the audio working?

rte
23-02-13, 10:17

I was too hasty. Powered reboot brought the sound back. Excellent work!

mcquaim
23-02-13, 10:18

Try a reboot rte, seen others saying this worked for them!

roy0110
23-02-13, 10:18

see page one of this thread

MarsArtis
23-02-13, 11:02
So for what I'm understanding it will enable me to whatch bbc from Italy, doesn't it?

roy0110
23-02-13, 11:09
So for what I'm understanding it will enable me to whatch bbc from Italy, doesn't it?

it is the iplayer, it allows you to watch programs that have been broadcast recently, not live i'm afraid.

Trial
23-02-13, 12:43
Hi mcquaim,

but again crahes in Germany. With the version before it did not happen.

ciao

mcquaim
23-02-13, 13:05
Hi mcquaim,

but again crahes in Germany. With the version before it did not happen.

ciao

Thanks for that, I just applied a fix.. Can you get the latest and see if you now get a pop-up box with an error message?

I still haven't figured out a way to get the Irish players to work outside Ireland (Well, TV3 as RTE just gives a subset of data..)

Trial
23-02-13, 19:47
Hi,
still crash but different reason:
NameError: global name 'findPlayUrl' is not defined

I copied all files from current oe-alliance git.

Ralf

mcquaim
23-02-13, 20:44
Hi,
still crash but different reason:
NameError: global name 'findPlayUrl' is not defined

I copied all files from current oe-alliance git.

Ralf

Sorry Ralf, my mistake by rushing in some code.. Should be sorted now!

Trial
23-02-13, 23:03
Hi mcquaim,
no crash and no message like yesterday.

findPlayUrl: Error getting URLs: list index out of range
fileUrl: False
warning, skin is missing element statusicon in <class 'Screens.PVRState.PVRState'>
warning, skin is missing element speed in <class 'Screens.PVRState.PVRState'>
RemovePopup, id = ZapError
playing 4097:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:False:The Cube

Ralf

Rahat786786
24-02-13, 02:18
Tried installing but not showing on vix build 600 vu duo on plugin list and the folder disappears from extensions folder on ftp.

satcat
24-02-13, 06:22
Tried installing but not showing on vix build 600 vu duo on plugin list and the folder disappears from extensions folder on ftp.
check the folder m8..the version i had ... had another folder within it called ondemand,,, thats the one you need to install,,, cheers satcat

MarsArtis
24-02-13, 17:03
just installed and tested for a short time.
Seems to work ok from Italy.
Just a question: after choosing the stream to whatch it's asked to choose the bitrate.
Why the options are listed two or three times for each bitrate?

Larry-G
24-02-13, 17:27
if you look there named differently AKA from different hosts. so multiple hosts and multiple bitrates, allowing maximum flexibility for the end user and their given connection speed.

mcquaim
24-02-13, 17:30
Hi mcquaim,
no crash and no message like yesterday.

findPlayUrl: Error getting URLs: list index out of range
fileUrl: False
warning, skin is missing element statusicon in <class 'Screens.PVRState.PVRState'>
warning, skin is missing element speed in <class 'Screens.PVRState.PVRState'>
RemovePopup, id = ZapError
playing 4097:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:False:The Cube

Ralf

Should be better error handling for this now Ralf, updated GIT earlier.. I will try and figure out a method to get this to stream from outside Ireland and if all fails then I will add a setup option to use a proxy!

MarsArtis
24-02-13, 20:05
if you look there named differently AKA from different hosts. so multiple hosts and multiple bitrates, allowing maximum flexibility for the end user and their given connection speed.

Mmm actually not Phoenix.
The name just say quality:400, 600 etc
And no other detail as I can see

Another thing:
Dunno if it's a bug or just a streaming issue, but I was watching a Itv doc and paused it. Then I was no more able to resume the playback. Pressing play was not workin at all while pressing pause button just moved a frame forward.

baz135
24-02-13, 20:42
Great addition to the VIX image and thanks to everyone’s hard work.

I have installed as instructed and everything works OK except for BBC iPlayer. The problem is after selecting the programme I want to watch it takes me to the screen to select bit rate but there is no bit rate displayed to select, only the ‘EXIT’ selection is present.

I am running on a Vu+ Duo with VIX 3 Build 600 image. I FTP the OnDemand folder and ran the Telnet command several time but without success.

satmanbasil
24-02-13, 21:12
Hi mate

Have you restarted the receiver it maybe trying to use an early version if you had it installed before this new version was added.

regards

mcquaim
24-02-13, 21:17
Mmm actually not Phoenix.
The name just say quality:400, 600 etc
And no other detail as I can see

Another thing:
Dunno if it's a bug or just a streaming issue, but I was watching a Itv doc and paused it. Then I was no more able to resume the playback. Pressing play was not workin at all while pressing pause button just moved a frame forward.

I am taking it you are talking about the ITV Player plugin?

For some reason some of the streams offer multiple bitrate options for the same bitrate, not sure currently why this is. I need to investigate this further and perhaps only show it once if it has already been shown. It doesn't cause an issue as both will stream ok and at the same bitrate.

mcquaim
24-02-13, 21:19
Great addition to the VIX image and thanks to everyone’s hard work.

I have installed as instructed and everything works OK except for BBC iPlayer. The problem is after selecting the programme I want to watch it takes me to the screen to select bit rate but there is no bit rate displayed to select, only the ‘EXIT’ selection is present.

I am running on a Vu+ Duo with VIX 3 Build 600 image. I FTP the OnDemand folder and ran the Telnet command several time but without success.

Where are you based baz135? Perhaps tunlr is not supported in your region.. That is what we use to bypass the geo block!

MarsArtis
24-02-13, 21:20
I am taking it you are talking about the ITV Player plugin?

For some reason some of the streams offer multiple bitrate options for the same bitrate, not sure currently why this is. I need to investigate this further and perhaps only show it once if it has already been shown. It doesn't cause an issue as both will stream ok and at the same bitrate.
I'm referring to OnDemand plugin. But yes this what happens when I select ITv

thecaretaker
24-02-13, 22:40
Would it be possible to add the higher HD streams for the BBC iplayer?

Comparing the output from either my Smart TV iplayer or the website stream with that of the iplayer plugin, the plugin only shows a maximum of 1500 and this isn't the maximum available. The true HD streams have a smaller onscreen logo and doesn't suffer from the zoomed in affect. I've taken the same none moving image from the SmartTV (from PC printscreen) and the plugin (using the webif) and converting them into a animated gif, you can see the difference between the two. Bother are the same film frame and captured at 1280x720. It would be really fantastic to get the true HD output.

iplayer.gif (http://www.thecaretakers.net/iplayer.gif)

judge
24-02-13, 22:50
Have you any way of letting us know the Smart TV iplayer stream URL? is it different than the VIX iplayer URL?

thecaretaker
24-02-13, 22:58
I can only try to see what the website iplayer is showing. The only difference the page has is an /hd/ after the file number and flash player is showing 2800kbps

I'll try looking at the source code of the page. Here is a screenshot of what I can get from the flash player

thecaretaker
24-02-13, 23:15
I've captured the source code of the page that shows the player. Not sure if it shows the actual stream information, but you might be able to understand it better than I.

baz135
25-02-13, 01:18
Yes tried that, did not cure problem

baz135
25-02-13, 01:22
Where are you based baz135? Perhaps tunlr is not supported in your region.. That is what we use to bypass the geo block!

I am currently in Murcia Spain, I can play progrmmes with ITV & the other players but not BBC.

Rahat786786
25-02-13, 02:29
Cant get it to work as the folder keeps disappearing when i check with ftp after enigma reboot.

dilly1066
25-02-13, 02:55
hi, working great on my vu ultimo, when i first installed it it suffered from no sound but a full restart sorted that out and working great, thanks to all involved, great add on to have, thanks

Midnight
25-02-13, 09:28
Working really well here in Morocco :D

Regarding the HD streams, I also have a WDTV Live which I use to view the bbciplayer and it provides the HD streams with the smaller bbc logo. However, I find that aspect seems stretched using that compared to the current vix streams where the aspect is perfect.

Anyway, great thing is I don't have to use my dns server for this, so great stuff.

Many thanks :D

Midnight
25-02-13, 09:34
Quick Q, is the ondemand file linked in the 1 post the current one?

I've never been able to work out the github thing :rolleyes:

Tkr001
25-02-13, 10:09
Seems to work fine for me with one exception. When selecting the Sport category in BBC Iplayer I get a message "there was a problem retrieving the media list"

mcquaim
25-02-13, 10:24
Seems to work fine for me with one exception. When selecting the Sport category in BBC Iplayer I get a message "there was a problem retrieving the media list"

It seems there are no streams behind this category and that is why you get this message. Better error handling is required and it will be looked at later, it's early days..

Shrek1802
25-02-13, 19:14
I must say really impressed with this put it on my vu+ solo and it seems to be working well on it wasnt to sure when i pressed a prog for the first time and it list loads of different bitrates I just chose the 15000 second one down that seems to work well for me

Nice and thanks for the good work

drs101
25-02-13, 19:53
Thanks guys for all the hard work, been waiting a long time to have something like this.

danivtec
25-02-13, 21:31
Still having an issue getting itv player to list programmes. Been on the this will take some time to load screen for last 10 minutes. Is there any way of debugging to see if there's any errors?

Larry-G
25-02-13, 21:36
Still having an issue getting itv player to list programmes. Been on the this will take some time to load screen for last 10 minutes. Is there any way of debugging to see if there's any errors?

There are some updates coming for the ITV player ( may be a day or two as we need to test things first ).

Tkr001
25-02-13, 23:30
It seems there are no streams behind this category and that is why you get this message. Better error handling is required and it will be looked at later, it's early days..

Thanks. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't complaining, I just thought you would like to know seeing as it is in beta.

guff daddy
25-02-13, 23:36
Installed this today and it's great - however I've had a couple of crashes on the BBC Player

1) trying to fast forward/rewind

2) hit the EPG button (to get further program information)

Larry-G
25-02-13, 23:52
The Crash with the EPG button is a known and reported bug, FF and RW worked fine the last time i used them which was at the weekend.

guff daddy
26-02-13, 11:00
The Crash with the EPG button is a known and reported bug, FF and RW worked fine the last time i used them which was at the weekend.

Yes, it wasn't a consistent problem. I watched about 15 minutes of the HD Top Gear, then went back to it later and FFed to 15 minutes in. It played a few seconds, then stopped and I got a spinner for a couple of minutes. This happened a few times, sometimes I just restarted, sometimes it blackscreened and sometimes it ended up back at the OnDemand screen.

sebhki
26-02-13, 20:09
works nicely here ( outside UK ).
Any chance to help you implement catch-up TV for french channels ?

Larry-G
26-02-13, 20:20
works nicely here ( outside UK ).
Any chance to help you implement catch-up TV for french channels ?

I think i'm rite in saying that we are looking at implementing other OnDemand services from the continent and beyond into the plugin as soon as were happy with the ones we have in there already are working as they should be.

danivtec
26-02-13, 21:26
Any plans for 4oD or Demand 5?

Larry-G
26-02-13, 21:52
yes were currently looking into those and more.

tomdick
26-02-13, 23:27
works great on tmt2 Thanks

Starred Wolf Nu
27-02-13, 00:03
I'm getting a wget 255 error when running the telnet command??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Trial
27-02-13, 08:38
Hi,
try in telnet

init 4
opkg update
opkg install python-lxml
opkg install python-beautifulsoup
opkg install python-dnspython
init 3

and tell us in which line you get 255. Check your spelling the names are case dependent.

ciao

Starred Wolf Nu
27-02-13, 08:59
Thanks. I get the 255 after the opkg update ...

kegnkiwi
27-02-13, 09:06
Just like to say a thank you, all installed on tm-twin and working well all the way at the far side of the world. Happy viewing from NZ.:thumbsup:

judge
27-02-13, 11:36
Thanks. I get the 255 after the opkg update ...

What image & build number are you using?

Starred Wolf Nu
27-02-13, 13:31
Latest build v 600

Larry-G
27-02-13, 18:55
Latest build v 600

Try installing these packages manually instead, in the following order.

python-lxml
python-beautifulsoup
python-dnspython

Starred Wolf Nu
27-02-13, 20:01
Tried installing those manually after copying to /tmp but it fails 255. It tries to download from the wos site during the opkg install step. Is there something wrong with my image or perhaps the wos download servers are down?

Larry-G
27-02-13, 20:03
is your receiver actually connecting to the internet ??.

Starred Wolf Nu
27-02-13, 20:07
Sure is. Network test works. Can access webif remotely, etc.

Tried browsing to the link that fails, and can get to it from my PC so I think my image is doing something funny...

Larry-G
27-02-13, 20:19
What exact error are you getting then ?

Starred Wolf Nu
27-02-13, 20:41
Everytime it tries to download a file from the wos site I get a wget 255.
Fixed it by re-flashing. Weird...

fintannl
27-02-13, 23:10
would love to simply understand what this plugin does. what exactly does it add to my current vix system (version 600) . how do i use it and what are its benefits?

judge
27-02-13, 23:22
would love to simply understand what this plugin does. what exactly does it add to my current vix system (version 600) . how do i use it and what are its benefits?

It currently enables Irish (RTE & TV3) & UK (BBC & ITV) on-demand players.
Blue button -> OnDemand

fintannl
28-02-13, 00:44
downloaded, installed and very impressed. many thanks

Larry-G
28-02-13, 00:52
downloaded, installed and very impressed. many thanks

Just remember.

This is still very early BETA software and as such it will be improved upon and added to in due course, be sure to check back here regularly as this is the only OFFICIAL support forum for the OE-Alliance OnDemand Player plugin and this is where it is being developed. all other modified versions of the OnDemand player the so called "devixed" versions are based directly on the OE-Alliance version which is the only one being build directly from the GIT and therefore gets updated first.

Thats not to say those versions are not ok as they are but they need to be adapted to take the updates unlike ours which gets them directly from source.

MarsArtis
28-02-13, 07:10
I'm getting a wget 255 error when running the telnet command??

May I guess that you have a DUO?
This is an issue that affected me many times. And till now It has not been clear what is causing this error.
Right now one of my duos on build 600 is dealing with this error.

Starred Wolf Nu
28-02-13, 08:38
May I guess that you have a DUO?
This is an issue that affected me many times. And till now It has not been clear what is causing this error.
Right now one of my duos on build 600 is dealing with this error.

Sure do. Reflash fixed it...for now...

MarsArtis
28-02-13, 09:34
Sure do. Reflash fixed it...for now...

This is a recurring issue for me.
At present it seems to happens less frequently since using CacheFlush plugin and enabling swap. But as said it is still there after time.
Enough said let's not go OT.

naveh
28-02-13, 15:14
BBC works great, but ITV does not work, returns to movie list.
and why always after playing BBC I get the movie list instead of the OE menu.

Larry-G
28-02-13, 15:36
BBC works great, but ITV does not work, returns to movie list.
and why always after playing BBC I get the movie list instead of the OE menu.

As has said many times, this is Currently a BETA project and a work in progress, bugs are expected and we are working through them as and when possible.

givecredit
01-03-13, 11:02
yes were currently looking into those and more.

Hulu.com would be a nice addition...

sparky72
01-03-13, 12:32
ok if you have an american ip address lol:p

warajoker
01-03-13, 12:36
proxy ftw.....
ok if you have an american ip address lol:p

Phenom
03-03-13, 22:58
is 4od available outside the uk like iplayer? (using ondemand plugin)

judge
03-03-13, 23:14
is 4od available outside the uk like iplayer? (using ondemand plugin)

Not at the minute Phenom, we are hoping to get this working however. Currently only works for UK & Ireland I think..

mcquaim
04-03-13, 01:06
Here is an updated OnDemand plugin folks!

You will be happy to hear that 4OD is now available on our OnDemand plugin and also an updated version of Open Uitzending Gemist for our Dutch users!!

All of the plugins have been updated in this latest release so if you find any issues bear in mind that this is still at BETA stage..

You will need to install the atached ipk for 4OD as I'm not sure if simplejson hase been built into the image as yet.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

warajoker
04-03-13, 01:24
i get an error after installing? "some plugins are not avaible extensions/ondemand (no module name simplejson)
Here is an updated OnDemand plugin folks!

You will be happy to hear that 4OD is now available on our OnDemand plugin and also an updated version of Open Uitzending Gemist for our Dutch users!!

All of the plugins have been updated in this latest release so if you find any issues bear in mind that this is still at BETA stage..

You will need to install the atached ipk for 4OD as I'm not sure if simplejson hase been built into the image as yet.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

mcquaim
04-03-13, 01:26
i get an error after installing? "some plugins are not avaible extensions/ondemand (no module name simplejson)

You install that ipk file I said you needed?

Mr. Mister
04-03-13, 01:27
All working perfectly buddy..

4OD working perfectly..

Great little collection here now..

excellent work..

warajoker
04-03-13, 01:28
will try again now thank you. i didnt install that due to me thinking that was only for 4od
You install that ipk file I said you needed?

judge
04-03-13, 01:28
download & install python-simplejson_2.2.1-r0_mips32el.ipk in the post above yours.

warajoker
04-03-13, 01:30
will try again now thank you. i didnt install that due to me thinking that was only for 4od
download & install python-simplejson_2.2.1-r0_mips32el.ipk in the post above yours.

mcquaim
04-03-13, 01:31

It is only required for 4OD alright but because we have combined all the players into one then it will need to be installed before OnDemand will work..

warajoker
04-03-13, 01:33
Thank you. its installed perfectley.
It is only required for 4OD alright but because we have combined all the players into one then it will need to be installed before OnDemand will work..

josweet
04-03-13, 01:36
If like me, a reboot will also be required.

judge
04-03-13, 01:36

no worries, each new OD player might require different dependencies, a pain but nothing much can be done about it for now.
4OD working perfectly here with python-simplejson installed.

sgate
04-03-13, 07:59
what can i SAY JUST GREAT ! :D

Midnight
04-03-13, 08:29
4OD and the rest all working great here in Morocco.

Wonderful stuff guys :D

Ps, any progress in working out how to stream the BBCHD streams with the smaller bbc logo?

mcquaim
04-03-13, 10:19
4OD and the rest all working great here in Morocco.

Wonderful stuff guys :D

Ps, any progress in working out how to stream the BBCHD streams with the smaller bbc logo?

That is very interesting, I only expected 4OD to work currently in the UK and Ireland as it wouldn't play the stream for us in testing...

Will you try something for me please, on a computer will you try and play something from this website:

http://ps3.channel4.com

If you can then perhaps Geo restriction doesn't apply to Morocco..

BTW, I haven't had a chance to check for the HD stream for BBC yet, been busy getting 4OD and OUG coded. It might be a case that it isn't on our source RSS feeds and if so then nothing we can do I'm afraid.. When I get time ill check for you!

shizik
04-03-13, 11:37
great great plugin . all working great , except 4OD , probably geo locked

Mr. Mister
04-03-13, 11:39
Did you install the ipk file.. That was posted with the latest release.. ?

grampy
04-03-13, 11:56
Great little plugin

working perfectly on everything... here in UK

VU solo vix3-600

mcquaim
04-03-13, 12:12
great great plugin . all working great , except 4OD , probably geo locked

Where are you based?

What happens when you try and play a 4OD stream, black screen?

Midnight
04-03-13, 12:23
That is very interesting, I only expected 4OD to work currently in the UK and Ireland as it wouldn't play the stream for us in testing...

Will you try something for me please, on a computer will you try and play something from this website:

BTW, I haven't had a chance to check for the HD stream for BBC yet, been busy getting 4OD and OUG coded. It might be a case that it isn't on our source RSS feeds and if so then nothing we can do I'm afraid.. When I get time ill check for you!

The ps3 link doesn't work for me unless I bootup my vpn unblockus.

Coming back to the 4OD plugin it works for me without the VPN but is a bit hit or miss.

Its strange as sometimes a show will play and then later wont.

At times I need to try a few shows untill I can find one that plays.

The iplayer and itvplayer stuff works everytime.

Strange huh?

shizik
04-03-13, 12:26
Where are you based?

What happens when you try and play a 4OD stream, black screen?

located - Macedonia , i get only black screen , there is no crash . i have instaled ipk file that was posted together with ondemand plugin ( mcquaim )

mcquaim
04-03-13, 12:33
The ps3 link doesn't work for me unless I bootup my vpn unblockus.

Coming back to the 4OD plugin it works for me without the VPN but is a bit hit or miss.

Its strange as sometimes a show will play and then later wont.

At times I need to try a few shows untill I can find one that plays.

The iplayer and itvplayer stuff works everytime.

Strange huh?

I find it strange that it plays at all when outside UK or Ireland lol..

We have code in place to attempt to bypass the GEO restriction so perhaps that doesn't work in all instances, why I am not sure.. Perhaps turn on Debug logs and send us the contents after trying the scenarios you described above..

mcquaim
04-03-13, 12:36
located - Macedonia , i get only black screen , there is no crash . i have instaled ipk file that was posted together with ondemand plugin ( mcquaim )

Yeah, this is what I expected to happen with the GEO restriction.. Again, if you turn on your debug logs and send us a log from after you get the black screen this will help us identify why the GEO code we have in place isn't working for everyone!

Phenom
04-03-13, 12:44

I speculate there is probably a bug in the 4od server side, because on a computer it's geo locked, but using ondemand plugin sometimes it plays, although it does play it really weirdly because if a program starts and then i reopen the program then i got no video.

here is a ss of the video playing (video ss didn't work just gui but on tv there's video)
http://t4.pixhost.org/thumbs/2179/16164328_screenshot.jpg (http://www.pixhost.org/show/2179/16164328_screenshot.jpg)

shizik
04-03-13, 12:50
Yeah, this is what I expected to happen with the GEO restriction.. Again, if you turn on your debug logs and send us a log from after you get the black screen this will help us identify why the GEO code we have in place isn't working for everyone!

there is no crash so no log ? or should i look for log somewhere else ?

mcquaim
04-03-13, 13:01
there is no crash so no log ? or should i look for log somewhere else ?

Yeah, turn on your "Debug Logs" and send us that. Debug logs will track exactly what is happening (If we have good enough debug logging in our code...) behind the scenes.. This can be turned on in the Logs Settings from the Setep Menu.

shizik
04-03-13, 13:21
Yeah, turn on your "Debug Logs" and send us that. Debug logs will track exactly what is happening (If we have good enough debug logging in our code...) behind the scenes.. This can be turned on in the Logs Settings from the Setep Menu.

this is only debug log that i found , and it was there after i restart mu VU+ uno

mcquaim
04-03-13, 13:27
this is only debug log that i found , and it was there after i restart mu VU+ uno

Thanks, you are getting the same error that we had experienced during testing so ATM nothing we can do for you I'm afraid... We think this is a GEO restriction coming from the stream server, not sure yet though!

ERROR: rtmp server sent error
ERROR: rtmp server requested close

Phenom
04-03-13, 13:31
just noticed this, when the stream link start's with rtmpe://ll.ps3-securestream.channel4.com 4od works outside the uk, when the stream starts with rtmpe://ak.ps3-securestream.channel4.com it's geo locked.

here's an enigma2 partial log, arround line 2800 there's one program playing outside the uk, the others didnt play.

mcquaim
I speculate there is probably a bug in the 4od server side, because on a computer it's geo locked, but using ondemand plugin sometimes it plays, although it does play it really weirdly because if a program starts and then i reopen the program then i got no video.

We have code embedded to try and get around the GEO restriction and that is why you are able to even click the programme to start the stream. An error is occurring from the stream server in most locations outside the UK & Eire so not sure how yours is working sometimes an not others.

Can you post a debug here also, please include where a stream played and where it did not?

Midnight
Ok, here's my log;

Took me a few goes this time to find a stream that would play...

mcquaim
04-03-13, 13:40
just noticed this, when the stream link start's with rtmpe://ll.ps3-securestream.channel4.com 4od works outside the uk, when the stream starts with rtmpe://ak.ps3-securestream.channel4.com it's geo locked.

here's an enigma2 partial log, arround line 2800 there's one program playing outside the uk, the others didnt play.

Good spot :thumbsup:

A quick question, have you ever gotten the same programme to play one minute and then not on the next attempt? I am curious whether the server is consistent in what it returns..

######### EDIT ###################

For instance, will "Food Unwrapped" always play for you?

Phenom
04-03-13, 13:47
Good spot :thumbsup:

A quick question, have you ever gotten the same programme to play one minute and then not on the next attempt? I am curious whether the server is consistent in what it returns..

######### EDIT ###################

For instance, will "Food Unwrapped" always play for you?
no, it wont play again after once played.

mcquaim
04-03-13, 13:59

Thanks Phenon!

We might be able to attempt to loop a set number of times to try and find an rtmpe://ll.ps3-securestream.channel4.com stream and if not then return a message to screen if one was not found.. The returned stream is obviously random if it plays sometimes and not others..

Leave it with me, thanks again!

mcquaim
04-03-13, 16:32

Here is an attempted GEO fix for the latest 4OD plugin, let me know how you get on..

Code loops for a non-UK user 15 times trying to find a playable stream, otherwise it throws an error..

Midnight
04-03-13, 16:54
Here is an attempted GEO fix for the latest 4OD plugin, let me know how you get on..

Code loops for a non-UK user 15 times trying to find a playable stream, otherwise it throws an error..

Brilliant fix :D

All 5 streams that I tested worked within a few seconds of hitting play.

Well done guys :thumbsup:

shizik
04-03-13, 17:22
brilliant , just brilliant , all 5 working in just few sec .

thanks to all developers of this magnificent plugin

cosie
04-03-13, 18:11
Hi guys,I installed the original version of this plugin without any problem,now the latest version with 4od will not work.after copying the ipk to temp,it shows in vix/install local extension and then asks me to restart GUI when I say yes,but when I check when it restarts
The ipk is still there waiting to be installed,normally ipk files disappear from that location so I'm guessing it's not installing.i have the on demand folder in the right place.when I go into plugins i get an error after installing? "some plugins are not avaible extensions/ondemand (no module name simplejson)
Anyone having this error with the ipk seemingly not installing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Stanman
04-03-13, 18:18
Nope, IPK installs fine here

What does the error message say exacty?

cosie
04-03-13, 18:23
Hey stanman,when I install the ipk from vix.install local extension it says do you want to restart GUI as with any ipk I say yes,it restarts but I still get the error after long press blue "some plugins are not avaible extensions/ondemand (no module name simplejson)
so that suggests that the ipk did not install I guess?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mickyblueys
04-03-13, 18:26
Surely you would see it install on the screen then it would ask to restart afterwards......isn't that the way it would work??

cosie
04-03-13, 18:33
ye it does the usual instal precedure all be it a bit fast,but why would the ipk still be available to instal in vix/install local extention,surley it should be gone as it always has done.i will try another download from another pc and try it just to see if the download is dodgy lol

Stanman
04-03-13, 18:34
No mate done this a dozen time over thelast 4 days and it stays there even after install.

The error your getting its not got XLM in there has it?

cosie
04-03-13, 18:55
this is the error i get after long blue press

ronand
04-03-13, 19:14
Use the telnet command in the first post of this thread and restart your receiver

cosie
04-03-13, 20:38
that was it lol thx ronand

baz135
04-03-13, 20:44

Also downloaded & install latest OnDemand files but only 3 Player, RTE Player & OUG work. My current location Spain, running on VIX 3 Build 600. Would it be Geo Block stopping other players from working?

Hope these comment help, still a great plugin.

mcquaim
04-03-13, 21:05
What is happening for the other players?

Post a debug log perhaps if you like and we can take a look.

baz135
04-03-13, 21:23
As I said 3 Player, RTE Player & OUG Player work OK. BBC Iplayer after selecting programe the next window does not show bit rate only EXIT. ITV Player says problem with stream feeds. 4OD just get spinning VIX after selecting programe to play.
I trying send debug log latter wife watching Cora at the moment.

baz135
04-03-13, 21:49
As I said 3 Player, RTE Player & OUG Player work OK. BBC Iplayer after selecting programe the next window does not show bit rate only EXIT. ITV Player says problem with stream feeds. 4OD just get spinning VIX after selecting programe to play.

Two debug logs attached

Phenom
04-03-13, 22:19

it does work almost always, it increases dramatialcly the number of times it plays the streams, very fast and simple fix, thx :thumbsup:

alba1978
04-03-13, 23:17
i am trying to install this plugin and the ipk file is saying invalid magic and failing to extract

judge
04-03-13, 23:24
i am trying to install this plugin and the ipk file is saying invalid magic and failing to extract

What image & build number are you trying to install it on?
'invalid magic' suggests incompatible python.

alba1978
04-03-13, 23:26
I am on build 600 currently

judge
04-03-13, 23:31
I am on build 600 currently

So, which IPK are you trying to install?
All listed in this thread should be compatible?

alba1978
04-03-13, 23:35
the ipk from post 119 but is not working for what ever reason and have tried downloading it from three diffrent browsers

judge
04-03-13, 23:43
the ipk from post 119 but is not working for what ever reason and have tried downloading it from three diffrent browsers

That's the python-simplejson_2.2.1-r0_mips32el.ipk so?
Have you other plugins installed that might conflict with it?
Should be compatible with VIX build 600.

alba1978
04-03-13, 23:45
i have 1channel and icefilm installed and dont know if they conflict with it

shizik
05-03-13, 15:43
i have 1channel and icefilm installed and dont know if they conflict with it

i also have icefilm and 1channel installed and they are NOT conflict with OnDemand plugin

v8rick
05-03-13, 15:44
looking good here thanks

josweet
05-03-13, 21:45
Just a little feedback as im aware this is still in beta.

Et9000 running the latest VIX image and im getting Video out freeze after installing the updated 40D .ipk. I can watch a stream fine ect.. but when im finished and go back to sat TV, the On Demand plugin doesn't exit correctly (as the stream bar on the lcd panel is still visible) and after a while the Video will freeze and the only way to return to a stable reciever is by doing a full reboot not just an enigma reboot. It is only the video thats effected, the audio continues.

mcquaim
06-03-13, 11:22

Two debug logs attached

I don't see anything in these logs to suggest that you attempted to play a stream from 4OD, ITV or iPlayer... Nothing in either log for me to see what the issue might be.. You will need to submit a debug log from after you had issues trying to play a stream for us to try and debug your issue!

mcquaim
06-03-13, 11:23
Just a little feedback as im aware this is still in beta.

Et9000 running the latest VIX image and im getting Video out freeze after installing the updated 40D .ipk. I can watch a stream fine ect.. but when im finished and go back to sat TV, the On Demand plugin doesn't exit correctly (as the stream bar on the lcd panel is still visible) and after a while the Video will freeze and the only way to return to a stable reciever is by doing a full reboot not just an enigma reboot. It is only the video thats effected, the audio continues.

Yeah, this is an issue that we are aware of and it is evident in all the receivers in one form or another. We suspect that this might be a driver issue and it's currently being investigated.

Midnight
06-03-13, 11:33
Yeah, this is an issue that we are aware of and it is evident in all the receivers in one form or another. We suspect that this might be a driver issue and it's currently being investigated.

This doesn't happen with the ET-5000, everything seems to work fine...

mcquaim
06-03-13, 11:34
This doesn't happen with the ET-5000, everything seems to work fine...

Have you let the stream play to the very end without hitting stop?

Midnight
06-03-13, 13:04
Have you let the stream play to the very end without hitting stop?

Yes, played stream until the end, it then reverts to the movie filelist screen from which I need to exit and then exit again to leave the ondemand plugin.

Then its back to sat station with no freeze.

mcquaim
06-03-13, 13:12
Yeah, that is the issue I am referring to, the bug is that it doesn't return directly to OnDemand...

I don't get any issues myself with video freeze on my Duo but each receiver seems to handle it differently..

mcquaim
06-03-13, 19:26
I have added a new search option to the menu for the RTE Player. I will look into whether this will be possible for the other players as I get to them....

Raitsa
06-03-13, 21:05
One small wish: would love to see an OnDemand thread that has all the latest updates in the first message of the thread.

Its hard to keep up with the changes and improvements with the different versions showing up in a long thread like this.

mcquaim
06-03-13, 21:15
One small wish: would love to see an OnDemand thread that has all the latest updates in the first message of the thread.

Its hard to keep up with the changes and improvements with the different versions showing up in a long thread like this.

As it's still BETA then it is kinda all over the place, only doing updates when I get time... When it is released properly a full list of functionality will be given!

I will instead just keep updating the full OnDemand zip on post 1 to keep all updates in the one place!

judge
06-03-13, 21:23

done...

As it's still BETA then it is kinda all over the place, only doing updates when I get time... When it is released properly a full list of functionality will be given!

I will instead just keep updating the full OnDemand zip on post 1 to keep all updates in the one place!

Sorry Mac, uploaded todays version when you were replying...
Cant find the option to remove the previous version though?

Larry-G
06-03-13, 21:27
Cant find the option to remove the previous version though?

sorted now.

mcquaim
06-03-13, 22:24
Ok, last one for today, a search menu item has been added to 3 Player (New zip on post #1).. This will keep us Irish happy for now anyway, next for foreign relations :p

Larry-G
07-03-13, 14:57
no episode found error in BBCiplayer ( sport ) now fixed with thanks to Mickd for providing the fix. This fix will be on the GIT soon but here is the fix incorporated into the OnDemand plugin and working now.

mcquaim
07-03-13, 16:12
Ok, todays updates added to post #1.

Main Changes:
bbciplayer.py - New Search menu option and also include MickD's fix above
rteplayer.py - Move Search menu option to first menu item
threeplayer.py - Move Search menu option to first menu item

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to add search option to 4OD or ITV, I had a quick look earlier and it didn't look possible. I will have a better look later and post a code update if it is.

ronand
07-03-13, 16:32
There is probably no need for a search function in the ITV or 4OD players anyway as everything is listed alphabetically. Thanks & keep up the good work

satmanuk
07-03-13, 20:49
I've tried this on a VIX 3.0 build 626 running on a GigaBlue HD 800SE, everything installs and runs but there is no audio in any of the plugins. Ive rebooted the box 3 or 4 times but no audio (over HDMI) Is this a Gigablue problem or is there something else I could try? I've tried the Audio button to see what's detected but it shows 'undetermined' ..nice plugin btw..

mcquaim
07-03-13, 21:07
I've tried this on a VIX 3.0 build 626 running on a GigaBlue HD 800SE, everything installs and runs but there is no audio in any of the plugins. Ive rebooted the box 3 or 4 times but no audio (over HDMI) Is this a Gigablue problem or is there something else I could try? I've tried the Audio button to see what's detected but it shows 'undetermined' ..nice plugin btw..

I'm not aware of any issues re the Gigablue, no others reporting it anyway. I had seen others saying they had no audio until they rebooted but as you say you have tried this already..

Maybe wait until someone else confirms that they have it working on the GigaBlue HD 800SE, I don't have one to check this for you..

mcquaim
07-03-13, 21:22
Ok, I have managed a search menu option for 4OD (Updated zip on post #1) but it has it's flaws:

1. The returned thumbnails are of very low quality.
2. The search is based on channel4.com as where we get our feeds from ps3.channel4.com and some shows end up not existing.
3. The search results don't contain very much data (Name & Icon only)

Apart from the above it seems to work well, I hope..

dwarf
07-03-13, 21:37
Do you have the audio down mix set to no? You need to set it to yes to get audio in the plug in to work.

mcquaim
07-03-13, 23:01
Ok, last but not least - I have added a search option for ITV Player also (Uploaded on post #1).. It is a bit of a fudge job but it's working well.

mickd
08-03-13, 11:21
Thanks for all the work put into these plugins. Much appreciated.

satcat
08-03-13, 11:57
same here lads, much appreciated by all.. keep up the excellent work.. thanks satcat

danivtec
08-03-13, 12:04
Fab plugin.

Just one thing I noticed, if you pause the program for a few minutes and press play, the stream doesn't continue and you have to go back to the program menu and start again.

Is there anyway to stop this?

mcquaim
08-03-13, 12:20
Fab plugin.

Just one thing I noticed, if you pause the program for a few minutes and press play, the stream doesn't continue and you have to go back to the program menu and start again.

Is there anyway to stop this?

Don't pause :rofl:

I will have a look in the debug logs to see if an error is being thrown!!

danivtec
08-03-13, 12:44
Don't pause :rofl:

I will have a look in the debug logs to see if an error is being thrown!!

Cheers for this :).

Larry-G
08-03-13, 12:51

Dont worry, we have him locked up in the cave next to andys hooked on mars bars until he gets this plugin out of BETA,

andyblac
08-03-13, 15:23
Dont worry, we have him locked up in the cave next to andys hooked on mars bars until he gets this plugin out of BETA,

yeah, he keeps popping in and nicking mine :mad::mad:.

:roflmao::lol3:

satmanuk
08-03-13, 16:08
Do you have the audio down mix set to no? You need to set it to yes to get audio in the plug in to work.

this worked for me today :)

gedclarke
09-03-13, 14:05
Absolutely superb, thanks to all those involved :thumbsup:

mcquaim
09-03-13, 14:18

I'm afraid that this looks like a driver issue and not much we can do about it I'm afraid..
I noticed that you need to be paused a certain length of time for this error to happen:

ERROR: WriteN, RTMP send error 32 (46 bytes)
ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 65694

If you pause for a short while then this isn't happening, on my Duo anyway!

Perhaps when/if new drivers are released that this issue might be resolved

Wizard55
09-03-13, 16:41
Hi,

Great Plugin, but one quesiton . i loaded the version from the first post but when i open on demand, it used to display the icons for rte/bbc/itv. Am i missing something ?:confused:

Larry-G
09-03-13, 16:48
click menu when you open the plugin, make sure display icons is set to yes.

Wizard55
09-03-13, 16:51
hi ya, checked that no joy.

Larry-G
09-03-13, 16:53
hi ya, checked that no joy.

I would not worry about it, andy just updated the menu icons a few minutes ago and added some code to modify the menu layout etc, this will be in the next version soon.

Raitsa
09-03-13, 16:54
Same problem here, icons set to yes.

Edit: aah, looks like the icons folder had not been transferred to the box for some reason, now all ok.

Larry-G
09-03-13, 18:40
Newest version with all of todays updates just uploaded to the first post in the thread. should have the fix for the menu icons etc.

Larry-G
09-03-13, 21:34
got to admit i really do love andys new menu layout, looks fecking brilliant on my 50 " plasma.

shizik
09-03-13, 22:08
got to admit i really do love andys new menu layout, looks fecking brilliant on my 50 " plasma.

thanks god its not something wrong with my settings :fart2:

zenith
09-03-13, 22:21
hi put this on my vu duo keep getting some plugins not available no module named dns.resolver

Larry-G
09-03-13, 22:23
hi put this on my vu duo keep getting some plugins not available no module named dns.resolver

bear in mind that this version is unmodified and will only work on the ViX and other OE-Alliance based images, what image are you using ??.

zenith
09-03-13, 22:45
bear in mind that this version is unmodified and will only work on the ViX and other OE-Alliance based images, what image are you using ??.
latest vix 626 but i believe i did`nt use telnet properly will give it try later after casualty thanks for reply though

Larry-G
09-03-13, 22:47
yes try the telnet command from the first post again, if that does not work post back and i'll post another solution for you to try.

zenith
09-03-13, 23:18
yes try the telnet command from the first post again, if that does not work post back and i'll post another solution for you to try.

hi yeah did`nt do telnet properly my bad:( fine now though.
just one thing if i may ask is there going to be subs service at all on this not complaining just thought i would ask as i am hard of hearing?

mcquaim
10-03-13, 01:05
hi yeah did`nt do telnet properly my bad:( fine now though.
just one thing if i may ask is there going to be subs service at all on this not complaining just thought i would ask as i am hard of hearing?

It is something that we can look into in the future but it will all depend if the feeds where we get the data from have a subtitles stream included. If they don't then it wouldn't be possible for us..

calistouk
10-03-13, 10:40
Awesome plugin but since updating to the one in post #1 I get the message cannot import name SCOPE_ACTIVE SKIN.

Any ideas

Larry-G
10-03-13, 10:43
Awesome plugin but since updating to the one in post #1 I get the message cannot import name SCOPE_ACTIVE SKIN.

Any ideas

Which image and build number and which skin are you using ?, cant say i have ever seen that error before my self.

calistouk
10-03-13, 10:58
Build 600 i think (Is there a way to check)

Skin Vix_Night_HD

Larry-G
10-03-13, 11:00
Build 600 i think (Is there a way to check)

Skin Vix_Night_HD

There have since been some major updates to the skin engine within the image so that could very well be your issue as this latest version of the plugin is coded to take full advantage of this new skin engine. try updating to build 626 or 627 and try again it should correct your fault.

calistouk
10-03-13, 11:16
That did the trick. Just hope the people doing this hard work can get 5od to work as well. Then it would be truly awesome

Larry-G
10-03-13, 13:49
new updates on the GIT.

[OnDemand] fix EndOfFile exit.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/a275aeeae4172e4476d9b374129d723d789f261d

[OnDemand] tweak config menu.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/320fbb2ab5bf99730fc60c27040d8997a5832ecd

josweet
10-03-13, 14:27
Is there a telnet command i can use to update the two files from the repo ?

Larry-G
10-03-13, 14:30
Is there a telnet command i can use to update the two files from the repo ?

you just need to grab the two .py files from the GIT i'll get them in a second and upload them to the first thread.

Larry-G
10-03-13, 14:35
ok post one updates, just delete the existing OnDemand folder from your receiver and copy the new one over then reboot. you wont need to re-run the telnet command if you were already using one of the newest versions.

Midnight
10-03-13, 14:51
Said it before but worth saying again, many thanks to the lads for compiling this plugin.

It has transformed my overseas TV viewing experience.

So impressed with Vix now :thumbsup:

The ondemand plugin along with the Movie Browser and the Dreamplex plugin and all the usual Vix refinements are just awesome.

Larry-G
10-03-13, 16:07
more updates uploaded to post one.

[OnDemand] be less verbose.

commonmodules.py

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/e8932887f38c1a1f495e607dbeef26313b752822

[OnDemand] more cleanup and streamline code.

OUG.py
bbciplayer.py
fourOD.py
itvplayer.py
rteplayer.py
threeplayer.py

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/tree/master/OnDemand/src

EDIT. seems andy's fingers are on fire today, no sooner than i uploaded this version then he uploads more updates.

will update the thread a little later.

Larry-G
10-03-13, 16:42
ok another quick update.

[OnDemand] add Title to EpisodeList screen.
commonmodules.py

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/4f658e370a217eb6dbf5c551c7d7abf4e1844a15

Midnight
10-03-13, 16:53

Nice GUI updates.

Search seems to be causing a crash now.

Larry-G
10-03-13, 17:02
which version ? as i have uploaded 3 today.

Midnight
10-03-13, 17:04
v.2 and v.3

cheers

Larry-G
10-03-13, 17:05
ok to get you running again ( just incase you deleted the other versions ) i have re-uploaded the version i uploaded yesterday.

Midnight
10-03-13, 17:15
Lovely, actually I had deleted it so much apreciated :thumbsup:

Larry-G
10-03-13, 17:17
Try this one see if it fixes your issues, ( i'll leave yesterdays up too just incase ).

Larry-G
10-03-13, 17:20
[OnDemand] fix Search.

CommonModules.py
OUG.py
bbciplayer.py
fourOD.py
itvplayer.py
rteplayer.py
threeplayer.py

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/f1bd0fc085508624f354fcd726d863537388276b

[OnDemand] list tweak.
comminmodules.py

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/c0bb674abf70c90d43ec3975b08e373bd608f5d8

Midnight
10-03-13, 17:55
All good now :thumbsup:

hullfc27
10-03-13, 18:05
i get 500 unknown command what am i doing wrong pls

sorry my bad didnt put the command in right place lol all good now :thumbsup:

andyblac
10-03-13, 19:37
this plugin will be in feed from next Build,

YOU MUST REMOVE THE OLD VERSION BEFORE INSTALLING FROM FEEDS (THE COMPLETE FOLDER 'OnDemand')

mcquaim
10-03-13, 23:34
this plugin will be in feed from next Build,

YOU MUST REMOVE THE OLD VERSION BEFORE INSTALLING FROM FEEDS (THE COMPLETE FOLDER 'OnDemand')

I have aded a new zip to post 1 if you don't want to wait for this to make it to the next build..

A new config option has been added to set your preferred stream quality (Very Low, Low, Normal and High).

Now on the BBC iPlayer a ITV Player plugins you do not need to select the stream quality each time you want to play something.

warajoker
10-03-13, 23:40
will the latest version be in the feeds to download on the next build? or do i have to stay up to date from this thread?

Larry-G
10-03-13, 23:42
will the latest version be in the feeds to download on the next build? or do i have to stay up to date from this thread?

once the plugin is in the feeds it will be built with every image revision from the GIT meaning that with every build you get the very latest version of the plugin from the GIT, there will still be a official ( THE ONLY OFFICIAL ) support thread where we will post updates and changelogs too.

shizik
11-03-13, 00:43
suddenly i got all the time - non - uk user ... i have OnDemand10.03.2013v6

fine after restart and 2-3 times getting non-uk user , working now

grampy
11-03-13, 01:08
got to admit..this plugin is brilliant....thanks for all the work thats been put into it

i have installed every version to date...and today has been a marathon lol

would just like to ask one thing...can the BBC player be zoomed out at all

thanks again for the time and effort you guys have put into this

warajoker
11-03-13, 01:34
EDIT I Found out How to do it