PDA

View Full Version : CCcam problems also

carrier
21-02-13, 13:06
Hello, can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?
I have down loaded the latest ViX image and I am trying to load cccam 2.3.0._1.0_mipsel.ipk. Which is in the ViX downloads.
I am am transfering it to the tmp file via Filezilla
When I go back to the box I reboot but the cccam is not there. I have kept it as a ipk file and not extracted it
By the way my box is a VU+solo2

judge
21-02-13, 13:09
Have you installed it before rebooting?
Blue button -> ViX -> Install local extension

Larry-G
21-02-13, 13:10
where are you getting the .ipk from ?

you can get it from here if needed.

www.openvix.co.uk

FTP the .ipk file to /TMP then on the receiver ( do not reboot yet )
navigate to blue button> ViX> install local extension.
once the receiver reboots FTP your configuration files ( CCcam.cfg ) to /etc on the receiver.

now

blue button> softcam manager> green to start the cam and blue to enable autostart.

carrier
21-02-13, 13:20
Thanks the rebooting before installing will be the problem, thanks for your help

satcat
21-02-13, 13:25
i have CCcam running in mine,,but it is installed in the wrong location,,! it,s in USR/BIN,,,,,,,,,,instead of USR/SOFTCAM,,,,,,,,,,moved it to correct folder and it wouldn,t work,, but showed ok in menu..??? put it back, and it works fine??? not a problem really, but why is it installing to wrong location? thanks satcat

Larry-G
21-02-13, 13:26
Thanks the rebooting before installing will be the problem, thanks for your help

glad your sorted.

Larry-G
21-02-13, 13:26
i have CCcam running in mine,,but it is installed in the wrong location,,! it,s in USR/BIN,,,,,,,,,,instead of USR/SOFTCAM,,,,,,,,,,moved it to correct folder and it wouldn,t work,, but showed ok in menu..??? put it back, and it works fine??? not a problem really, but why is it installing to wrong location? thanks satcat

Where did you source the .ipk file for the cam ? as it's possible you used one setup for a different image.

satcat
21-02-13, 13:33
it,s a old one i had,, i,ll try a newer one,, thanks for quick response..cheers satcat

Larry-G
21-02-13, 13:37
it,s a old one i had,, i,ll try a newer one,, thanks for quick response..cheers satcat

if your using the ViX image, try one from the ViX image server
www.openvix.co.uk

satcat
21-02-13, 13:48
yep,,just got it an it,s solved problem an all is well, thanks m8,, also got to say what a box this is... only got it yesterday, but well impressed with it..probs had every box going at some stage.. and still got my Duo,,, but this is electric in all it does.........brilliant box, and can only improve...cheers :tea:again satcat