PDA

View Full Version : New HTC One, think this may convince me to switch from iPhone 5

Sicilian
21-02-13, 08:49
Just come across this new HTC One model.

http://www.officialhtcstore.com/uk/p_htc_microsite_preorder.aspx

Think this may be the Android phone that convinces me to switch from iPhone, at last an Android device with a decent metal frame :)

bassethound
21-02-13, 09:22
I have my eye on a new 16gb Nexus 4 at Ģ279.00 from Google

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_16gb

josh_g
21-02-13, 09:46
Apple seriously need to do something to make them cool again!the innovation has stopped and people are starting realise that apple products are just over priced... waits for apple fan boy to pipe up!

paul362
21-02-13, 09:48
Apple seriously need to do something to make them cool again!the innovation has stopped and people are starting realise that apple products are just over priced... waits for apple fan boy to pipe up!

true LOL:D:D;)

irishchris
21-02-13, 09:57
Undecided between nexus 4 or the new htc one myself.like the look of the htc one case and sense ui but like the price of the nexus too :)

Trial
21-02-13, 10:01
Hi,
I also have the 16GB Nexus 4 and I kind of love it:-) It has all high end feature for a mid range price. One point for choosing the Nexus is that it is reference which means all new features first. Look at the image and kernel scene. You can select from 100th of images and kernels which improves the performance.

I got it Saturday morning and in the evening I installed cyanogen on it.

ciao

josh_g
21-02-13, 10:04
i'm going to wait and see what apple has for the next gen of iphone and then may give up on them... with out the jailbreak they a just c**p

gedclarke
21-02-13, 11:35
I got a HTC One X+ just before Christmas and I cannot fault it, an absolutely fantastic phone in every way.

judge
23-02-13, 01:01
Hi,
I also have the 16GB Nexus 4 and I kind of love it:-) It has all high end feature for a mid range price. One point for choosing the Nexus is that it is reference which means all new features first. Look at the image and kernel scene. You can select from 100th of images and kernels which improves the performance.

I got it Saturday morning and in the evening I installed cyanogen on it.

ciao

What's your preferred ROM for the nexus 4?
just trying a few out...

Trial
23-02-13, 10:01
Hi,
at the moment the slim Asylum with motley kernel. Almost 6000 in quadrant and quite good battery life.

Ralf

saxon
23-02-13, 10:38
i have the samsung galaxy S3 and came from a i phone and i can seriously say the samsung blows the i phone out of the water with it being a quad core just so powerful hardly use my laptop now with it having a big screen works flawless on the net is bit hard at first if you are use to os but android is so easy to use and you can do so much more

Larry-G
23-02-13, 11:53
i have the samsung galaxy S3 and came from a i phone and i can seriously say the samsung blows the i phone out of the water with it being a quad core just so powerful hardly use my laptop now with it having a big screen works flawless on the net is bit hard at first if you are use to os but android is so easy to use and you can do so much more

Plus 1 for the S3 that's the phone I use my self.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Stanman
23-02-13, 19:27
Have the LTE version and its great.

warajoker
23-02-13, 21:39
a phone that thin makes me worry. ill wait for reviews on the battery life before i purchase this beast.

judge
24-02-13, 00:20
Hi,
at the moment the slim Asylum with motley kernel. Almost 6000 in quadrant and quite good battery life.

Ralf
Haven't tried it yet...
Installed ParanoidAndroid on mine, like it so far.
Does Slim Asylum with motley kernel work better in your opinion? or have you tried ParanoidAndroid?

Trial
24-02-13, 08:57
Hi,
no havenīt tried it but I saw the thread on XDA. I have the Nexus only for a few weeks so not much time to play with.

ciao