PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] Openwebif streaming

josh_g
20-02-13, 10:56
i am struggling with openwebif and streaming :confused:

I am on the latest VIX and can get streaming to work on my iphone using Dreambox Live but through my computer using openwebif it wont.

i put in the ip adress (or my DNS acount) choose channel and program to stream and it downloads a file. i try and use this in VLC and it just wont play?!?!? any ideas?

purenirvana
20-02-13, 13:07
Try using Windows Media Player. The last time I used any streaming Media Player worked for me. It sometimes starts paused so you need to click play to get it to go, but other than that it was spot on. :)

josh_g
20-02-13, 13:11
widows media player throws up a error message saying Windows media player encountered a problem, and VLC does nothing :/ im at a loss really as it works on dreambox live??

sivhead
20-02-13, 21:22
If you are using firefox you need to install the vlc plugin for it (re-install vlc player choosing custom install and tick all the options). Also try different browsers to make sure its not your browser.

Its also worth opening in windows media player, as purenirvana has already mentioned.

If your are using windows7
Create a text file rename the .txt extension with .m3u right click the file choose open with > and seclect default programs > select windows media player and tick the options always use the selected program to open this kind of file.

josh_g
20-02-13, 23:04
i am using chrome.. it downloads the .m3u file and doesnt open in media player and when using VLC it looks like its connecting and just doesn't:confused: