PDA

View Full Version : Installing Updates OSCAM1.00-svn-Build#3285

DrProzac
28-09-10, 14:24
I've installed Build 3285 of Oscam and renamed the file to

Oscam.1.00.3285 (so matching the same format of the downloaded version in the image)
Now I can start the Softcam no problems and add it to the Autostart, it however dosn't show the cam as running in the active cams

It is however runnign in the background.
Any reason why this wouldn't be showing as an active cam?

(Just tried a re-start) and It will not start the new version of OSCAM either.
The CCcam one start no problem

andyblac
28-09-10, 14:38
I've installed Build 3285 of Oscam and renamed the file to

Oscam.1.00.3285 (so matching the same format of the downloaded version in the image)
Now I can start the Softcam no problems and add it to the Autostart, it however dosn't show the cam as running in the active cams

It is however runnign in the background.
Any reason why this wouldn't be showing as an active cam?

(Just tried a re-start) and It will not start the new version of OSCAM either.
The CCcam one start no problem

the only was to get it running without any problems is to rename the cam to the same as 3199, i will look to see if i can recode things a little so it will aloow you to update the version without the need of an update :), alot of things are hard coded.

mainly because the way the most images are doing things is execute a shellscript within python, but this slows things down, that why EVERYTHING in our image is done in python, for reliability and speed.

it is abit like coding a program in C then to using basic to execute another sub program, hope you understand me

DrProzac
28-09-10, 15:27
Thanks Andy.

Yes that mamkes sense to me.
Would it be possible to do a re-code for just Oscam rather than Oscam.1.00.????

That way it will be easy just to copy across a new version of Oscam. I suppose I could just rename it myself though as you say.

The only reason I wanted this version was my entitlements were not showing correctly on the 3199 version. It was picking up Entitlements from the top slot for the bottom slot.

andyblac
28-09-10, 15:43
Thanks Andy.

Yes that mamkes sense to me.
Would it be possible to do a re-code for just Oscam rather than Oscam.1.00.????

That way it will be easy just to copy across a new version of Oscam. I suppose I could just rename it myself though as you say.

The only reason I wanted this version was my entitlements were not showing correctly on the 3199 version. It was picking up Entitlements from the top slot for the bottom slot.

i'll see what i can do