PDA

View Full Version : Remote Control - Help?

mrlee121
20-02-13, 00:15
Hi Guys,

Absolutely love this box. Does exactly what i need it to do, but ive got a bit of a niggly problem. i've tried to setup the remote (as i've read in the book that it's universal). i've followed the guide and tried inputting all the codes that are displayed in the book for my sharp telly, and none of them work. but now unfortuantely i've lost the ability to control the volume on the box. (thats all i've noticed so far). soon as i try to turn down the volume the TV button lights up but nothing happens.

Anyone got any ideas to sort of reset this so i can get it controlling the STB volume again?

Thanks in advance!

Lee

Sicilian
20-02-13, 08:20
Turn off HDMI CEC.

mrlee121
20-02-13, 09:26
Hey!

Thanks for your quick reply, I've just gone into the boxes settings and that options is already disabled, tried enabling it and then disabling it but still no avail, soon as you touch the volume the tv button lights up and nothing else happens, only way I can adjust the box volume ATM is through the webif which is a bit of a pain so any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Lee

mocho
20-02-13, 16:53
You have to unlock that function and another one by a combination of keys.
See in the manual how to do it.

So stupid this locked thing... I also had the same problem

mrlee121
20-02-13, 17:12
Oh right. i'll have another look through the book and see how to do it! thanks for your reply. :)

mrlee121
20-02-13, 19:52
I've just had another look through the book there and cant find anything. any ideas what you did specifically buddy?

r-eyes
22-02-13, 00:03
You can see that in point 6.1.3.1 and 6.1.3.2