PDA

View Full Version : 2 Receivers(Solo2 and Duo) 2 Dishes (1 fixed 1 motorised)

terryduckworth
19-02-13, 22:11
Hi
Im looking to get my motorised dish to feed 2 boxes independently and wonder if the following works. Basically I have a fixed satellite at 28.2e and a motorised dish, a Vu Solo2 in 1 room and a vu duo in another.

Currently I have Tuner 1 on the Solo2 with a fixed feed from 28.2e and Tuner 2 controlling the motorised dish. I then have a Vu Duo with Tuner 1 fixed at 28.2e and then what Im hoping to do is run another cable from my dual LNB on the motorised dish to tuner 2 on the Vu Duo, and happy to watch whatever the motorised dish of the master dish (Vu Solo2) is pointing at on the Duo

My questions are

1) Will this work?
2) I assume that The solo would be able to watch 28.2 on Tuner 1, but then assuming the motorised dish was at 13.2 for example, I would be able to watch those channels on the Vuo Duo

Hope that makes sense, any input appreciated...

Thanks

TK4|2|1
20-02-13, 09:18
Yes no problem as long as you set the tuner configs accordingly.
Some times the best way to find something out, is to try it for yourself and the reward is more gratifying.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

josh_g
20-02-13, 09:52
Yes no problem as long as you set the tuner configs accordingly.
Some times the best way to find something out, is to try it for yourself and the reward is more gratifying.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

Thats how some of us learn.. but some of us dont like to break things, i am of the first kind :cool:

terryduckworth
22-02-13, 12:30
Ive messed around, can anyone advise what those Tuner configs should be...? They dont seem to like each other!

terryduckworth
22-02-13, 15:01
To add more detail, the Vu Solo has the feed from LNB1 through the motor to tuner 2 on the back of the box and is set up as advanced in the tuner config. The Vu Duo just has a straight feed from the second LNB poining at the dish not going through the motor, so would think that it just needs setting up as simple and single feed for 13.0 east when the solo has Tuner B pointing at 13.0? But always get Tune failed message.

I have triend differnet combinations, but am starting to lose the will on this one..

kingy29
22-02-13, 20:09
Are you sure the motorised dish is pointining at 13e can you receive 13e on your Solo at the same time as trying the duo?
I use a similar setup Duo and Azbox no problem

terryduckworth
23-02-13, 11:47
Hi yes I have the motorised dish pointing at 13 and that works fine on the solo the duo just won't lock onto the satellite, all very strange I wasn't sure if they were conflicting, but sounds like you have it working ok.